• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Is attendance really an issue?
The team has always had 9,000-11,000 diehards that will go to any situation.
The walk-ups will come when the team is higher up in the standings or winning conisttently.
If Eugene doesn't think it's a big deal, then he must be fine with it. I remember in the day Hot Rod Bryden threatened to move the team unless he sold X,500 more season tickets and people responded.
With no threat of relocation and a marked improved on-ice product in 3-5 yeras, maybe people will be back in 2022-2023?
Maybe sooner with Lafreniere/others in the lineup.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
I don’t understand how people can look at how things unfolded and not understand that of course there was a plan. In fact there were multiple plans based on a variety of outcomes.

One plan involved trying to keep EK, though with budget considerations obviously. When that didn’t work they implemented the second plan (trade him and rebuild or retool depending on other assets). It just seems silly to keep pretending as though management didn’t have a plan. Do people really think that they just wander around all day not doing their jobs? Not liking the plan, or the owner, doesn’t mean we have to give away our common sense.

They obviously had a plan in regards to Stone and Duchene too. They wanted to sign them, and took as long as they could to do it, also obviously with budget constraints. When that didn’t work they traded them, and Dzingle as well, and committed to a full blown rebuild.

In the end the rumours have the team offering pretty close, and perhaps even matching, what the guys all signed for. It’s pretty obvious that the players may have decided not to sign in Ottawa (the reasons don’t matter to me as they have that right regardless), which also dictated what plan of attack management had to take after that.

It’s not hard to understand.

And now we’re seeing the fruits of the plan management had to take on the ice, and the same folks want to pretend as though it was all an accident. The plan is even pretty clear in terms of the types of players that they have been drafting and acquiring. We’re building from the net out, focusing on skilled players with character to build the desired culture, as well as brining in some character vets to shepherd the kids, and making savvy moves for middling projects to see if we can strike gold.

I completely understand and accept that some people don’t like the owner, GM, and the path the team is on, but we shouldn’t pretend that there isn’t a plan unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Lol, love how you try to spin "having no choice cause everyone's bailing on the franchise cause the owner's a douche" into "a plan". I'll always question your real motives.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lol, love how you try to spin "having no choice cause everyone's bailing on the franchise cause the owner's a *****e" into "a plan". I'll always question your real motives.

Gland you have time you in your life to spend thinking about me. At the end of the day it’s a gift really, even if we don’t seem to agree.

Happy holidays!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Is attendance really an issue?
The team has always had 9,000-11,000 diehards that will go to any situation.
The walk-ups will come when the team is higher up in the standings or winning conisttently.
If Eugene doesn't think it's a big deal, then he must be fine with it. I remember in the day Hot Rod Bryden threatened to move the team unless he sold X,500 more season tickets and people responded.
With no threat of relocation and a marked improved on-ice product in 3-5 yeras, maybe people will be back in 2022-2023?
Maybe sooner with Lafreniere/others in the lineup.

Revenue sharing really helps

I think the fan base is really hurting from the EK and then Stone trades.

Even in here we are seeing a turnaround on the EK trade in terms of both the return we received and the idea that it was the right thing to do

It's a down year standings wise (a great year entertainment wise though) so i don't expect much uptick in attendance this season but i do think it's going to start rebounding next year.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Revenue sharing really helps

I think the fan base is really hurting from the EK and then Stone trades.

Even in here we are seeing a turnaround on the EK trade in terms of both the return we received and the idea that it was the right thing to do

It's a down year standings wise (a great year entertainment wise though) so i don't expect much uptick in attendance this season but i do think it's going to start rebounding next year.

Karlsson was also eye candy for the ladies of the Carleton Valley. Ottawa needs some high quality replacements for Smitty and EK.

Attendance will be down until then.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Personally, I'm over the boycott. I'm cautiously optimistic this season instead of outright depressed about the team like I was last season. The White and Chabot extensions were a good first step. The team is fun to watch, and with potentially two top five picks this year, Duclair emerging as a star, and the breadth of young players we already have, I really think it'll be no time before we're an elite team again. Of course this all depends on Melynk opening the chequebook, but for now, I'm willing to hope for the best.

I think there's a lot like me, I've been to a few games already this year with a bunch of friends. Last year, none of us would spend money on tickets. Attendance will go up soon.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and JD1

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm cautiously optimistic as well, but knowing finacial flexibility and a limited budget will be a factor for this team again soon, I hope they proceed with extreme caution with giving any term. I really don't want them blowing their load on all of our forwards coming up for contract this next year or two other than Duclair and maybe C. Brown after we've seen more.

Don't lose sight and keep pushing out the vets if they dont accept short term deals.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
Gland you have time you in your life to spend thinking about me. At the end of the day it’s a gift really, even if we don’t seem to agree.

Happy holidays!

You write posts as long as my arm defending this terrible owner, lol, makes you think who really has time for what :laugh:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You write posts as long as my arm defending this terrible owner, lol, makes you think who really has time for what :laugh:

You must have some T-Rex arms considering how my posts look on my phone lol!

Look man, I own all of my own time and am an out of town fan so this is an important place for me in terms of interacting with other Sens fans. Perhaps not you, but there are others in here that I enjoy.

I have also never defended the owner. Just because I call out some bad takes and disagree with general negativity surrounding this squad and manager, doesn’t mean that I support the owner by default. As I’ve said a million times, I don’t, but hey, don’t let that get in the way of whatever this is for you....

You seem to feel the need to come in here seemingly to do little beyond trying to take pokes at me, so I’ll go ahead and smile a satisfied smile at being worth your time.

Merry Christmas!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You must have some T-Rex arms considering how my posts look on my phone lol!

Look man, I own all of my own time and am an out of town fan so this is an important place for me in terms of interacting with other Sens fans. Perhaps not you, but there are others in here that I enjoy.

I have also never defended the owner. Just because I call out some bad takes and disagree with general negativity surrounding this squad and manager, doesn’t mean that I support the owner by default. As I’ve said a million times, I don’t, but hey, don’t let that get in the way of whatever this is for you....

You seem to feel the need to come in here seemingly to do little beyond trying to take pokes at me, so I’ll go ahead and smile a satisfied smile at being worth your time.

Merry Christmas!

Let it go man, trolls gonna troll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad