All-Purpose Attendance Thread: Poll added

The White and Chabot contract extensions will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Looks like the Financial Boycott thread got closed, but attendance will likely be a season-long story so we may as well have a centralized place to discuss it.

Seems like the team's trying to woo back cancelled season ticket holders; according to @BringBackLee on Twitter, this was sent to him:

EDul_stXUAIbVt0

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So they're using the fact that they signed an RFA as a selling point?

It's going to take a lot more than that. Your fault, not ours.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Looks like the Financial Boycott thread got closed, but attendance will likely be a season-long story so we may as well have a centralized place to discuss it.

Seems like the team's trying to woo back cancelled season ticket holders; according to @BringBackLee on Twitter, this was sent to him:

EDul_stXUAIbVt0
That third paragraph honestly seems like satire.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Really good value on that pass tbh. $20 per NHL game with no commitment. That’s crazy. I’m sure they’re nose bleeds, but I’d be rattled if I threw down around a grand for a similar season seat

yeah, not a bad deal at all. keep in mind that you're losing the ability to pick and choose what games you'd like to see live, as there are typically only about 5-8 home games a month, Feb has 10 this year, and don't bother with March (4) or April (1). Your going to end up with weekday games against teams you might not be interested in, but still not bad at all if you can commit that much time to going to hockey games in a condensed period.

Would make a great xmas gift though.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
yeah, not a bad deal at all. keep in mind that you're losing the ability to pick and choose what games you'd like to see live, as there are typically only about 5-8 home games a month, Feb has 10 this year, and don't bother with March (4) or April (1). Your going to end up with weekday games against teams you might not be interested in, but still not bad at all if you can commit that much time to going to hockey games in a condensed period.

Would make a great xmas gift though.

I wonder if you would get a prorated amount for the months with less than 5 games? And yeah I was wondering what kind of choice you would have. Like if you could pick a leafs game, you could sell that one alone for $100 and go to the other 4 for free

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

EDul_stXUAIbVt0
Lmao that is fantastic. Less than a year after all that shit went down.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
How to keep season ticket holders, in 3 easy steps
1. Sign Erik Karlsson to a long term deal
2. Sign Mark Stone to a long term deal
3. Profit

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

EDul_stXUAIbVt0

I just checked my trash folder and I also received something similar, as a former season seat holder who has asked them not to bother contacting me until Gene sells, ive set up anything coming from official Sens e-mail addresses to go straight to where it belongs at the moment!

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
This isnt a letter to season ticket holders. It is a letter to businesses trying to get them to come back and advertise with the team.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
We could not sign Karlsson, Stone or Duchene, after the GM said it was his "top priority".
We have not signed Chabot.

But we signed Colin White, which 100% proves we're committed to the future!

At this point, nothing the team says matters. The exact same talking points were included last year before the season.

Show fans that you can win games, and show them you can retain a star player. Signing a middle six forward to a middle six contract is table stakes, it's nothing to be bragging about.

Imagine if in the next 12 months, Tampa Bay trades Hedman, Stamkos and Kucherov for financial reasons and then puts out a statement saying, "buy tickets because we just re-signed Anthony Cirelli!". We'd all roast them.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Chabot not being signed is not a glaring example of non committal to his future in Ottawa ..... he's in the last year of his ELC ... and won't be a RFA until July 1st 2020.

Colin White was a RFA, as his ELC had expired on July 1st this year ........ so it's not a fair to compare his signing to the non-signing of Chabot.

Nitpicking...

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I know hey, I kind of regret coming back to these boards. It's full of keyboard GM's and **** fans who would rather sit at home and complain on HFboards how commited the team are when themselves have no commitment even through thick and thin.

I understand the disdain for Melnyk but let's get real there are far worse owners in sports and there are teams in worse situations than us. Could things be better? Sure of course they can. The fans who stick it out and support the team will be rewarded. That said we've been playing fairly good hockey for the past decade and people still complain when things go a little south, like holy ****balls get a life

Ownership and management will eventually be sorted. In the meantime just enjoy the ride and hopefully the rise if not go support the Leafs or Habs.

I think we Sens fans nationwide which are few and far between are a special group of supporters and we can do better to help make things more attractive for the club.

Also this garbage holding Karlsson up in this light like he's the second coming of Jesus. Let it go, yes he's a special talent but he's not the greatest thing ever to play hockey. In fact he's becoming somewhat of an injury risk and his last season in Ottawa against the Leafs on HNIC, the moment he turned the puck over and instead of hustling back and trying to make up for his error he whined and complains which led to a goal. It was a disgrace and questions his defensive responsibilities at times. Don't get me wrong I like Karlsson but man some of you make it difficult
In other words, "think the way I do and stop having a different opinion."

Productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad