All-Purpose Attendance Thread: Poll added

The White and Chabot contract extensions will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The "boycott" or "protest has nothing to do with Erik Karlsson being traded, there are multiple ways that they could have accomplished that, without alienating the fanbase. I will post a post from another thread. I wasn't sure that this needed to be explained anymore, but here we are:

You are dreaming (reaching) if you think that the fanbase was not going to be furious with any trade of Erik Karlsson.

I don't buy what HSF is selling there. These conspiracy type theories are good for a laugh, but the reality is a much more simple issue which people have a hard time grasping, not unlike JFK. They couldn't sign the players and had to change tracks. Boom. Sucks but that is what happens when the players have the power and choose money. Dzingel gambled and lost. Duchene got his dream location, and is underachieving. Stone got his dream location and is doing just fine, but he would have been better staying here

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You are dreaming (reaching) if you think that the fanbase was not going to be furious with any trade of Erik Karlsson.

I don't buy what HSF is selling there. These conspiracy type theories are good for a laugh, but the reality is a much more simple issue which people have a hard time grasping, not unlike JFK. They couldn't sign the players and had to change tracks. Boom. Sucks but that is what happens when the players have the power and choose money. Dzingel gambled and lost. Duchene got his dream location, and is underachieving. Stone got his dream location and is doing just fine, but he would have been better staying here
No doubt in my mind the sens would be better off if they had a concrete plan. Could have got more for Karlsson and especially stone.

You are correct in saying that fans would have been furious either way if karlsson was traded but the lack of people believing in the rebuild and the poor attendance is due to ownership and management dealing with all the trades the way they did.

The proof is in all the empty seats at the game

Last edited:
Reactions: BatherSeason

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
No doubt in my mind the sens would be better off if they had a concrete plan. Could have got more for Karlsson and especially stone.

You are correct in saying that fans would have been furious either way if karlsson was traded but the lack of people believing in the rebuild and the poor attendance is due to ownership and management dealing with all the trades the way they did.

I don’t understand how people can look at how things unfolded and not understand that of course there was a plan. In fact there were multiple plans based on a variety of outcomes.

One plan involved trying to keep EK, though with budget considerations obviously. When that didn’t work they implemented the second plan (trade him and rebuild or retool depending on other assets). It just seems silly to keep pretending as though management didn’t have a plan. Do people really think that they just wander around all day not doing their jobs? Not liking the plan, or the owner, doesn’t mean we have to give away our common sense.

They obviously had a plan in regards to Stone and Duchene too. They wanted to sign them, and took as long as they could to do it, also obviously with budget constraints. When that didn’t work they traded them, and Dzingle as well, and committed to a full blown rebuild.

In the end the rumours have the team offering pretty close, and perhaps even matching, what the guys all signed for. It’s pretty obvious that the players may have decided not to sign in Ottawa (the reasons don’t matter to me as they have that right regardless), which also dictated what plan of attack management had to take after that.

It’s not hard to understand.

And now we’re seeing the fruits of the plan management had to take on the ice, and the same folks want to pretend as though it was all an accident. The plan is even pretty clear in terms of the types of players that they have been drafting and acquiring. We’re building from the net out, focusing on skilled players with character to build the desired culture, as well as brining in some character vets to shepherd the kids, and making savvy moves for middling projects to see if we can strike gold.

I completely understand and accept that some people don’t like the owner, GM, and the path the team is on, but we shouldn’t pretend that there isn’t a plan unfolding right in front of our eyes.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I thought the empty seats were due to location, parking, concessions, no wifi, no hot water, in game entertainment, Phoenix, Leaf/Habs fans, and of course cost

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I thought the empty seats were due to location, parking, concessions, no wifi, no hot water, in game entertainment, Phoenix, Leaf/Habs fans, and of course cost
There's a difference between not selling out and having a thousand empty seats VS THOUSANDS of empty seats

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Marc Brassard from le Droit said yesterday Melnyk skate with young for the charity event and try to talk to him for asking the low attendency. He said he gonna make a press conference at start of the year. Maybe the big news Coladin said

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

Sens attendance was fine a couple of years back. Maybe the cuts in education have made fans less intelligent. After all, Melnyk is not the problem, it is the ignorant customers. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerica

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Marc Brassard from le Droit said yesterday Melnyk skate with young for the charity event and try to talk to him for asking the low attendency. He said he gonna make a press conference at start of the year. Maybe the big news Coladin said

Chris Neil to be become a member of the Ring of Honour!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

"Thanks for coming today, we're very excited about today's announcement. Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, madames et monsieurs.

The Ottawa Senators, after a very thorough forensic study generously funded by our wonderful owner Eugene Melnyk, would like to announce that Ottawa fans are stupid, and he doesn't like them. Further research may be needed, but we are confident as an organization that except for about three thousand people, this whole city can get bent.

We would now like to open the floor for questions, which Mr Melnyk will answer on a Toronto Sports Radio program of his choice."

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
"Thanks for coming today, we're very excited about today's announcement. Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, madames et monsieurs.

The Ottawa Senators, after a very thorough forensic study generously funded by our wonderful owner Eugene Melnyk, would like to announce that Ottawa fans are stupid, and he doesn't like them. Further research may be needed, but we are confident as an organization that except for about three thousand people, this whole city can get bent.

We would now like to open the floor for questions, which Mr Melnyk will answer on a Toronto Sports Radio program of his choice."

Today we would like to honour a great man who has given both his time, money, and love to our great city. Without him we would not be important. We would like to retire the Jersey, add to the ring of honour, drum roll please Boro, Eugene Melnyk"

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Today we would like to honour a great man who has given both his time, money, and love to our great city. Without him we would not be important. We would like to retire the Jersey, add to the ring of honour, drum roll please Boro, Eugene Melnyk"

Most probable. ...but here’s the script I wrote:

Dearest fans, it is with great honour to announce that some very good things will be happening soon with the Ottawa Senators Organization. When decided to start FYOUS plan I was not ready for five full years financially.

Sparty and I have decided that the additional costs of tarps has made us rethink the budget.

We have decided to reward the fans and sponsors by announcing five uniform and quiet years of untethered saving and light losses.

Knowing how the business should be run, I have decided to reach out and look for help.

I have looked high and low for someone or something to help me run this exciting business.

It is with great honour that I have selected someone from the online community to help us bring the team forward and well into the next decades. He is a person that knows how to draft, scout, coach, play as well as run a multimillion dollar franchise. Their ability to render serious discussions off topic will be very helpful for contract negotiations and terminations of further front office staff.

Without further ado, please take your hands off the keyboard and clap them together to welcome... our new POHO selected from HFSENS!!!

Last edited:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

Where did you get this? All I can find is him saying he wants to talk to Melnyk about attendance issues but he won't give interviews.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
How did Eugene look yesterday? People were saying before that he looks sick.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
How did Eugene look yesterday? People were saying before that he looks sick.

Looks fine.

IMG_20191221_105137.jpg

Reactions: Daffy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I had this image in my head, while reading this last page, of a bunch of ex-girlfriends chatting in a group at a party in their ex’s honour.

Still lots of bitterness out there keeping the flames burning. It’s a good things that there’s a support group in here for everyone to be able to let a load off.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I had this image in my head, while reading this last page, of a bunch of ex-girlfriends chatting in a group at a party in their ex’s honour.

Still lots of bitterness out there keeping the flames burning. It’s a good things that there’s a support group in here for everyone to be able to let a load off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad