Series Talk: All-purpose around the league playoff talk thread.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hope Babcock is watching this. Canes don't give them 2 seconds with the puck. It's a swarm

Reactions: Trapper

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hope Babcock is watching this. Canes don't give them 2 seconds with the puck. It's a swarm
You need to have an aggressive pursuit team from start to finish.

It involves a lot more things than just being “elite”.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Lou the genius GM and his brilliant outfoxing of Dubas to grab Matt Martin and Komarov really paid off huge.

Let's see if they get .930 goaltending again next season. I'm going to guess "no".

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Must be nice to have an experienced goalie, great in the room, a coaches dream, who can come in and save the day when needed. If only we could get one of those....oh wait.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Like focusing on the puck and not the buck, right? :sarcasm:

Sums it up. Babcock said something like, you put two kids in a room with a ball, for some reason one kid has it all the time, well, he just wants it more.

Pretty much how it works with hockey. Just look how determined CAR was, they gave no time, no space. CBJ was like that last series as well.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
McBackup keeps making Dubass look more and more like a Dubass

Someone always needs to be controversial. I for one want McBackup to win because by all accounts he was a great guy and a great teammate. It's petty to want him to win to make our GM look bad when he would have changed absolutely nothing for us this season.

Reactions: willmma

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You gotta be kidding.
Carolina barely made the playoffs and now you talk like they are the model franchise?
Nonsense.

lol you're absolutely ridiculous man. I'm scared to even reply to you.

I did not suggest anything of the sort. Just providing an example of something they do different than us.

Since we're on the topic though, you'd be a fool not to analyze Carolina...seeing as they coasted their way through the semifinals and are now one matchup away from entering the finals.

Beat the Caps and an Isles team that swept the Pens. You're telling me it's not worth looking into ? Get out of here with that garbage talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad