Series Talk: All-purpose around the league playoff talk thread.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Nathan MacKinnon - missed over half a period and still played over 20 minutes

Dear Babcock - that is how you use your best players down in the 3rd of a game 7

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Colorado going out hopefully means they start concentrating on the Rantanen signing, would be great to have a $9Mx8 precedent for marner

Is his agent high? Because he should make more than that easily

It would do us one hell of a favor though, because I think we need to have a resolution with Marner before the draft so we have some cap certainty, then we can sort out the rest of the team

There is no way in hell I'd sit back and let him get offer-sheeted, he either signs or gets traded long before that if I was making the decision

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Hopefully San Jose is now considered a contender and Patty wants to go there for a chance to win!

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
why does every show between periods become some kind of round-table discussion on suspensions and hits they think are too naughty? "This hit here was bad I really hate to see this" "No this one was REALLY bad I literally had tears in my eyes while I thought of what message this sends to the children" and blah blah blah whine and moan and complain. Is this what happens? When a population is encouraged to find fault with everything under the sun? These playoffs have been fantastic. So enjoy it already instead of being miserable and attacking hockey.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Is his agent high? Because he should make more than that easily

It would do us one hell of a favor though, because I think we need to have a resolution with Marner before the draft so we have some cap certainty, then we can sort out the rest of the team

There is no way in hell I'd sit back and let him get offer-sheeted, he either signs or gets traded long before that if I was making the decision
what precedent are you using to think that Rantanen/Marner deserve way more than $9M? I know the Marner buzz is more than $10M, but there's no signing that would indicate more than $9.5M should be on the table. Only centers are getting more than that

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hopefully San Jose is now considered a contender and Patty wants to go there for a chance to win!

Heh yeah, what a load of crap that story was. He leaves the team he's played with his entire career, where he has established good relationships and friends, uproots his family to move them thousands of miles away from where they've lived for over a decade to a different country. Now this team offered him tens of millions of dollars more then his old team did, could that be the reason why? Oh heavens no, he did it because this team that finished below SJ in the standings and just barely made the playoffs on the last day of the season supposedly was on the verge of winning the cup, that's the real reason.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Heh yeah, what a load of crap that story was. He leaves the team he's played with his entire career, where he has established good relationships and friends, uproots his family to move them thousands of miles away from where they've lived for over a decade to a different country. Now this team offered him tens of millions of dollars more then his old team did, could that be the reason why? Oh heavens no, he did it because this team that finished below SJ in the standings and just barely made the playoffs on the last day of the season supposedly was on the verge of winning the cup, that's the real reason.

Money definitely was a factor, but tens of millions?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Like many decisions made in life, I'm sure there were many things considered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buds17

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
But they lost with their best players playing almost half the game. I'd rather lose that way

If the Leafs big three all played 22 minutes at least they went down swinging instead of looking
IMO, there is no preferable way to lose.

Reactions: Buds17

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
what precedent are you using to think that Rantanen/Marner deserve way more than $9M? I know the Marner buzz is more than $10M, but there's no signing that would indicate more than $9.5M should be on the table. Only centers are getting more than that

As of now RFA contracts look like there going to take an exponential jump, especially as relates to the higher end guys

The fact that Marner isn't even negotiating and wants the Matthews contract (reportedly) says that he and his agent think the RFA market has been significantly altered

Now you and I can debate if we think there ******* nuts (they are imo) but it does show where they believe the new market is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad