Series Talk: All-purpose around the league playoff talk thread.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
lol you're absolutely ridiculous man. I'm scared to even reply to you.

I did not suggest anything of the sort. Just providing an example of something they do different than us.

Since we're on the topic though, you'd be a fool not to analyze Carolina...seeing as they coasted their way through the semifinals and are now one matchup away from entering the finals.

Beat the Caps and an Isles team that swept the Pens. You're telling me it's not worth looking into ? Get out of here with that garbage talk.
I just think the Leafs are way better than Carolina.
Defence being the exception of course.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I just think the Leafs are way better than Carolina.
Defence being the exception of course.
Defence matters, especially in the playoffs.

Dubas thought we were okay on defence. Acquired Muzzin as an afterthought, and declared it good enough.

Nylander should have been traded for a D as soon as it was clear he was holding out. Instead, he overpaid Nylander, and then, Nylander came back from his holdout, underperformed big time, causing his trade value to be reduced.

Also, by overpaying Nylander, instead of trading him, he then made it near impossible to get a decent deal done with Matthews and Marner.

The more things change, the more they remain, oh so Leafy.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Dubas thought we were okay on defence. Acquired Muzzin as an afterthought, and declared it good enough.

Nylander should have been traded for a D as soon as it was clear he was holding out. Instead, he overpaid Nylander, and then, Nylander came back from his holdout, underperformed big time, causing his trade value to be reduced.

Also, by overpaying Nylander, instead of trading him, he then made it near impossible to get a decent deal done with Matthews and Marner.

Muzzin was an afterthought? :laugh: You dont trade a 1st+ for an afterthought.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

You pretty much got it all correct I think.
Well said.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Muzzin was an afterthought? :laugh: You dont trade a 1st+ for an afterthought.
The Muzzin trade WAS AN AFTERTHOUGHT. Defence should have been addressed after the 2016, 2017, and 2018 seasons. Nothing was done until 2019. Clearly our D has been a weakness in EVERY PLAYOFFS since we started making them again.

Clearly, the Muzzin trade was an AFTERTHOUGHT, which was long overdue long before it happened.

Sorry, JMHO.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why can’t the race stewards just call Jacobs to settle the Derby?

ETA.....INQ DQ ...and the jockey wearing Black and Gold gets awarded the victory.....

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It’s amazing how Boston went from one of the most penalized teams to having such a positive penalty differential in these playoffs.

Yet Bruins fans have spent the entire 11 games saying the refs are against them.

Yes I’m salty, leave me alone

They are savvy, for sure.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That 3 rd Blues goal will add some fodder for sports radio this week. I think the rule stands.

If you haven’t seen it- a shot from the point pegged Bishop in the collar bone and knocked him down. The Blues gain control of the rebound and scored while the goalie was down and hurt.

Last edited:

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
It’s amazing how Boston went from one of the most penalized teams to having such a positive penalty differential in these playoffs.

Yet Bruins fans have spent the entire 11 games saying the refs are against them.

Yes I’m salty, leave me alone

I'm pretty sure I read that the owner of the Bruins is also a big deal with the league. Seems like a conflict of interest

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Blues win. Great guy, who had his kid attend the game, hometown boy, scores the winner.

This game was two of the best four goalies in the world refusing to lose.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That 3 rd Blues goal will add some fodder for sports radio this week. I think the rule stands.

If you haven’t seen it- a shot from the point pegged Bishop in the collar bone and knocked him down. The Blues gain control of the rebound and scored while the goalie was down and hurt.
Perfectly legitimate. If a player seems to be injured, play only stops when his team gains control of the puck. An obvious injury is different, but you don't want players faking injury just to stop play. I'm not suggesting Bishop was faking it, but that is the rule.

Oddly enough, if his mask had come off, the whistle is blown (different rule).

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Perfectly legitimate. If a player seems to be injured, play only stops when his team gains control of the puck. An obvious injury is different, but you don't want players faking injury just to stop play. I'm not suggesting Bishop was faking it, but that is the rule.

Oddly enough, if his mask had come off, the whistle is blown (different rule).

That’s why Rask pops his mask every time there’s an odd man rush.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad