Series Talk: All-purpose around the league playoff talk thread.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

It would be very Leaf level cruel if we’re eliminated tomorrow while the above players are all playing second round hockey (and possibly beyond).

Don’t forget McBackup.....I can’t wait to hear Babs’ shots at Dubas at the locker clean out tomorrow.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I truly and honestly believe that our backup goaltender is the reason we did no sweep the lowly Bruins.

If you followed along you’d know he was Babs choice, but Dubas went with Sparky.
I bet he mentions those guys tomorrow, wishes them well.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
If you followed along you’d know he was Babs choice, but Dubas went with Sparky.
I bet he mentions those guys tomorrow, wishes them well.
With Matt Martin in the press box (coaches decision), and Curtis Mac charting face-offs on the bench, we would be demolishing these sorry Bruins. Hard to replace those good pros in desperate times like the playoffs.

Reactions: nsleaf

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With Matt Martin in the press box (coaches decision), and Curtis Mac charting face-offs on the bench, we would be demolishing these sorry Bruins. Hard to replace those good pros in desperate times like the playoffs.

Do you know what your talking about? I sure don’t.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

It would be very Leaf level cruel if we’re eliminated tomorrow while the above players are all playing second round hockey (and possibly beyond).

If we lose tonight thats gotta be rough on tavares.

Leave your old team only to have them go farther?

But we are gonna win tonight so it's all good

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Then last night he punches a Harrington on the back of the head

He sneaks up behind him when the refs are not looking. Punches him in the back of the head. And skates away.

TSN is reporting no discipline.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-no-discipline-expected-for-marchand-1.1299141

what's interesting is that the article uses the fact that Tortorella is refusing to talk about it as part of the reason why he isn't getting suspended.

So, complaining about reffing is whining and results in refs not making calls for you (as per Don Cherry).
And not complaining means nothing wrong happened and you get no calls for you.
The Bruins have it both ways!

Reactions: OddyOh

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Then last night he punches a Harrington on the back of the head

He sneaks up behind him when the refs are not looking. Punches him in the back of the head. And skates away.

TSN is reporting no discipline.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-no-discipline-expected-for-marchand-1.1299141

what's interesting is that the article uses the fact that Tortorella is refusing to talk about it as part of the reason why he isn't getting suspended.

So, complaining about reffing is whining and results in refs not making calls for you (as per Don Cherry).
And not complaining means nothing wrong happened and you get no calls for you.
The Bruins have it both ways!

Not true. It is entirely because of Jacobs. Jacobs runs the league. It is a massive conflict of interest.

Reactions: OddyOh

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
And Bruins fans claim he's matured and wonder why people hate Marchand so much.

Don't forget that skate stomp to break Atkinson's stick and got away with it too.

I'd have bought the idea they the NHL doesn't have the guts to suspend one of it's marquee players but they suspended Kutcherov so that clearly isn't the reason. It's basically a sucker punch that the NHL says it okay. I hope CBJ does it after every whistle to him now.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Don't forget that skate stomp to break Atkinson's stick and got away with it too.

I'd have bought the idea they the NHL doesn't have the guts to suspend one of it's marquee players but they suspended Kutcherov so that clearly isn't the reason. It's basically a sucker punch that the NHL says it okay. I hope CBJ does it after every whistle to him now.

That’s what he’s trying to do. CBJ has the upper hand and need to keep picking on Pastrnak , Krug and McAvoy.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marchand not even getting a slap on the wrist is such a joke
I hate whining about the officiating, but it makes one wonder what the league is thinking officiating wise, I have no idea what their criteria is anymore? Marchant rabbit punches Harrington.......nothing.......Chara pretty much butt ended (I think it was Anderson?) in the face right in front of the ref........nothing, I know he's tall, but that shouldn't exclude him from controlling his stick. I am loving this series though, the physicality of the series is refreshing, most hit are thrown with bad intentions, I love the intensity.

Reactions: Al14

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I don't hate Marchand in or anyone else on the Bruins. They know how to exploit the system and most teams would do the same in their position or be foolish to not try. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Which is why I hate the apparent double standards which exist in the league. Marchand knows he can get away with it. He know's his boss is Chairman of the board of governors and one of the wealthiest long term owners with a lot of influence. He knows that Bettman sees the Canadian teams a necessary annoyance and little more than cash cows for his US expansion goals. He knows there is an officiating and discipline hierarchy with the Canadian teams at the bottom and wealthy/influential US teams and recent expansion teams near the top. If you want an example of that, look no further than the NHL formally apologizing to Vegas for officiating - how many other teams would receive that treatment?

I love tough hockey, I miss fighting and enforcers, I miss the days when clean hits didn't result in a scrum. Under those circumstances I would have no problem with what Marchand did, but it is inconsistent and contradictory to what the league has been doing with head shots on vulnerable players. If you give out penalties, fines or suspensions for much less, then he needs to be disciplined as a repeat offender like players from lesser influential teams.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

That only works for the Bruins. No other team can do that move. Ask yourself why? If someone pushes Marchand hard and he goes down like a girl next game there will be a penalty called. The bruins have already warned the refs to watch out for retribution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad