OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think he can if he can stay healthy.

They have some good young depth on it's way to offset Giannis' new raise?
They gave up a ton of future for Jrue no?
Still like their offense but just wondering if they can finally get over the hump

The East is going to be interesting this year.
Milwaukee and Miami should fight for the Conference title.
Curious how Brooklyn will do, if they can find instant chemistry under Nash.
Boston, Brooklyn, Toronto and Indiana fighting for 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
They have some good young depth on it's way to offset Giannis' new raise?
They gave up a ton of future for Jrue no?
Still like their offense but just wondering if they can finally get over the hump

The East is going to be interesting this year.
Milwaukee and Miami should fight for the Conference title.
Curious how Brooklyn will do, if they can find instant chemistry under Nash.
Boston, Brooklyn, Toronto and Indiana fighting for 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.

Brooklyn's success depends on if Durant can be anything close to what he was. That's a huge if imo. If Miami can land Bradley Beal they'll be a force. There's even talk of James Harden but I think that's a pipe dream.

I just don't see Jrue Holliday as a game changer.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Brooklyn's success depends on if Durant can be anything close to what he was. That's a huge if imo. If Miami can land Bradley Beal they'll be a force. There's even talk of James Harden but I think that's a pipe dream.

I just don't see Jrue Holliday as a game changer.

I hope Raptors take a step back and try and get a decent 1st and maybe trade Lowry for something worthwhile.
Don't think we will contend so keep building up a young core as we seem to do well with development late in drafts, curious how much better we can be with a mid 1st pick.

If Miami gets Harden they have a solid chance to win, their defense can cover up for his liabilities but as you said, unlikely they strip down their core pieces to land him.
I've heard even Dallas as well.

Beal still owed a lot of money no?
Good point on KD. Two injuries like that will take its toll. A reason why I put them in the 3rd to 6th range.

Keep an eye on Murray for me.
Kid is a stud, enjoy watching him

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I hope Raptors take a step back and try and get a decent 1st and maybe trade Lowry for something worthwhile.
Don't think we will contend so keep building up a young core as we seem to do well with development late in drafts, curious how much better we can be with a mid 1st pick.

If Miami gets Harden they have a solid chance to win, their defense can cover up for his liabilities but as you said, unlikely they strip down their core pieces to land him.
I've heard even Dallas as well.

Beal still owed a lot of money no?
Good point on KD. Two injuries like that will take its toll. A reason why I put them in the 3rd to 6th range.

Keep an eye on Murray for me.
Kid is a stud, enjoy watching him

Murray and Joker are fun to watch. Joker doesn’t even look like an athlete but he’s effective.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm watching the MNF football game tonight,

Can someone please tell me, why on Earth did the Dolphins ever think trading Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh was a good idea?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I'm watching the MNF football game tonight,

Can someone please tell me, why on Earth did the Dolphins ever think trading Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh was a good idea?

The only thing I know is that Miami was playing him in every position but his natural one. They said they liked his versatility but I don’t think he agreed with them. Flores is from the Patriots school of team over players. It must have not been for Minkah.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , thoughts on us signing Josh Rosen off the Bucs practice roster?
I seen Mullens needing surgery. Didn’t see Rosen until you mentioned it. I imagine he’ll back up CJB the last two games.

To be honest, I seen where our season was heading early on so I didn’t mind losing for a better pick. Mullens really helped in that regard. Felt we should have lost the 2nd Rams game and kinda thought the Cowboys game could have swung either way. I don’t see us beating Arizona or Seattle. Do you think we should draft a QB? Definitely need another edge rusher, OL, and CB. Don’t see Uncle Sherm coming back.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I seen Mullens needing surgery. Didn’t see Rosen until you mentioned it. I imagine he’ll back up CJB the last two games.

To be honest, I seen where our season was heading early on so I didn’t mind losing for a better pick. Mullens really helped in that regard. Felt we should have lost the 2nd Rams game and kinda thought the Cowboys game could have swung either way. I don’t see us beating Arizona or Seattle. Do you think we should draft a QB? Definitely need another edge rusher, OL, and CB. Don’t see Uncle Sherm coming back.

-ghoste

Ya it's worth a shot to sign him and see what he's got, could replace one of Mullens/CJB next year.

I agree, soon as Bosa went down, it just seemed the litany of injuries started and our schedule seemed to be stacked against us.
Looks like we have a shot to fall in around 7th to 9th which is a great silver lining after a tough year.
Been on the fence with drafting a QB, feel it may be a big discussion with management/coaching and whether they feel JG is truly capable of winning the big game.

I like JG but it's been a decent 5 game first year, injury filled year the next, SB appearance and finally, injury mixed with meh the last 4 years.
He's going to be 30 by next season and don't feel QB's suddenly alter/improve their game entering their 30's.
Not sure if you're subscribed to Athletic but they posted a great article on our cap issues and huge amount of re-signings needed.
Inside the salary-cap challenges and details facing the 49ers in 2021

It's funny because one of options floated in the article is getting Stafford (DET) who is 3 years older than JG but clearly has the arm Shanny would love. He has 2 years left, just like JG but MS is cheaper.
Don't know if DET would be interested in a swap if we sweetened it somehow but we do have 9 picks for the upcoming draft.
If we can swing that deal, I would draft a QB to be ready for when Stafford's deal is up in 2 years.
Then focus on the needs you posted above.
Feel we have a young enough core on both sides, a young QB with a top 10 pedigree would allow us to win now and 2-3 years down the road.

We may be forced to move Ford to allow for other re-signings and will need to be thinking of cap flexibility for Ward who's due a big raise end of 2021.
Another thing is our schedule will be easier next year as the worse you do, the lighter the SOS (strength of schedule), didn't know this until I read about it a couple months ago

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Rest of the NBA kicks off their season tonight!
Raps start against the Pelicans.
I have playoff hopes for the Raps, maybe when a series or two. Nothing more, anything additional is gravy.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Boy Houston's pick could end up top 3-5. That would be huge for the Fins. They could get a lot of extra picks if they traded down a little, along with Parsons, Rousseau, or Chase. As much fun as this season has been, I cant WAIT until the draft and free agency. This team is going to be so good next season.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Boy Houston's pick could end up top 3-5. That would be huge for the Fins. They could get a lot of extra picks if they traded down a little, along with Parsons, Rousseau, or Chase. As much fun as this season has been, I cant WAIT until the draft and free agency. This team is going to be so good next season.
Playoffs this season?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste you watching this shit show by Gould?
Did he put money on the Cards to win? Because I know I did....
Was really hoping we would lose this, Murray does have a miracle in him though.
The defense has been money a lot this year even with all the injuries. Do you think losing Saleh in the off-season will be a big blow? He does have difficulty adjusting sometimes but I do love how fired up he gets and how it can spread to the players. Kyle doesn’t do that type of cheerleading for the offense. I hate Seattle but I do like how Pete always has that cheerleading attitude. I like it so much because I guess I’m that way when playing games or coaching little league or whatever. I’m the rah rah guy that tries to keep the player’s spirits up the whole game.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The defense has been money a lot this year even with all the injuries. Do you think losing Saleh in the off-season will be a big blow? He does have difficulty adjusting sometimes but I do love how fired up he gets and how it can spread to the players. Kyle doesn’t do that type of cheerleading for the offense. I hate Seattle but I do like how Pete always has that cheerleading attitude. I like it so much because I guess I’m that way when playing games or coaching little league or whatever. I’m the rah rah guy that tries to keep the player’s spirits up the whole game.

-ghoste

Would hate to see him go but he definitely deserves a HC role.
Wish he wasn't so good at his job today, that win could cost us a spot or two in the draft now.
Shanny seems like a dick to me but he's so damn talented at what he does, just really curious what he could do with a Murray, Jackson, Mahomes type QB or at least one with a decent arm.

Nothing wrong with that type of attitude, would prefer my coach show some happy/positive emotion here and there, then just screaming and yelling negative things 24/7.
I think Q has a good blend of getting amped but giving the death glare when you mess up

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Wow! That ending to the game was wild! Fitzmagic is the real thing :eek2:

As a Chiefs fan, I can now breathe the simple sigh of relief having Las Vegas eliminated, as they dealt the only chink in the Chiefs armour this year.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

As a Chiefs fan, I can now breathe the simple sigh of relief having Las Vegas eliminated, as they dealt the only chink in the Chiefs armour this year.

That ending felt a bit rigged :laugh:
I do want MIA, BUF and CLE all being playoff teams though

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Perfect deep pass with his head half twisted off. That really was one of the most amazing plays ever.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I am hoping for a Chiefs Bills AFC Championship game.
I hear this take the other day:

How long is it going to take people to hate Chiefs fans, the way they do Patriots fans?
If the Chiefs stay so good and win all the time, it's inevitable that people will eventually start to hate us.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I hear this take the other day:

How long is it going to take people to hate Chiefs fans, the way they do Patriots fans?
If the Chiefs stay so good and win all the time, it's inevitable that people will eventually start to hate us.
Hopefully we can give some other teams hope with a big win this season.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The panthers will finish their season just like the miami Dolphins finished their season today.

looking forward to the 15th overall pick in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad