Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
only problem is they lost the next 3 :cry:

Those idiots still booed the anthem after Jean Béliveau begged them not to

View attachment 350379

Bruins fans did the right thing before Game 5

This was also the second to last Bruins game Dave Shea called

I've always had less of an issue with the hockey club itself, than with MTL media and fans.

Montreal media and fans are the worst, most insufferable lot in the entire league. I'd say it's not close, but then you have the Leafs.

We are not always a classy group in Boston, either. But this was absolutely the proper response.

PS I love Canada, and I love their national anthem.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I've always had less of an issue with the hockey club itself, than with MTL media and fans.

Montreal media and fans are the worst, most insufferable lot in the entire league. I'd say it's not close, but then you have the Leafs.

We are not always a classy group in Boston, either. But this was absolutely the proper response.

PS I love Canada, and I love their national anthem.

Hence, I *loved* Andrew's middle finger salute to same. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans. And media.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I caught up with last week's Tuukka fest - NESN, what are you doing? They aired the Game 3 against Pittsburgh from 2013, which admittedly did go into 2OT, so there was a LOT they had to cut. But...they omitted the most memorable minute of the game:

I think Campbell doesn't like talking about it, and he doesn't sign pictures of the injury. (Or, at least, he didn't in the immediate aftermath.) I'm glad I peeked at NESN this morning to see what they had on tap - I think they added the Winter Classic after they dropped the Dropkick Murphys. Or was that airing last week? Either way, this game is new on the schedule to me.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This is a true classic-Bruins vs Nordiques- Ron Tugnutt's 73 save game. Ray Bourque had NINETEEN shots on goal

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Nordiques had some very good players- Joe Sakic, Mats Sundin and Owen Nolan. Plus a 39 year old Guy Lafleur...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Chara made a beeline for Pacioretty who promptly shit his pants

I think Chara went after Pacioretty more because he jumped the smaller Kampfer so quickly rather than the shove in OT NESN alluded to. Either way that was a great game.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've loved watching Ray Bourque Week. Very special player, one of the greatest defensemen to ever play the game.

Right now on MSG: Bruins vs Rangers 1991.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad