Bruins Classics GDT ALL NESN classic games

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
These Dale Arnold era games just depress me to no end. Painful to watch Jiri Slegr, Travis Green, Tanabe.....yikes!! Nightmare fuel.

i was thinking the same thing last night. Baby faced Dale and the atrocious uniforms. So many random ass names on those Bruins teams.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This game 6 will never get old.

upload_2020-6-10_16-55-3.png

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hilarious all time draft show

Brick just took Lucic over Pastrnak

really Brick

Reactions: bbfan419

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's Rivalry Week on NESN- tonight it is Game 5 Adams Division vs those Motherf***ers from Montreal.

Not a NESN broadcast me thinks- no Fred or Derek. Or even Dave Shea.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Perhaps the video quality degraded? Lost tape? Although by then storage was cheap enough and archival footage was known to be of use. We're not talking about the days when they wiped out all old shows, but we're also not quite in the "it's all digital" era, I don't believe.

BTW, fair warning - better avoid the NHL Network on Thursday....they're trying to piss us off by rerunning 1974, 1979, and 2019.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Perhaps the video quality degraded? Lost tape? Although by then storage was cheap enough and archival footage was known to be of use. We're not talking about the days when they wiped out all old shows, but we're also not quite in the "it's all digital" era, I don't believe.

BTW, fair warning - better avoid the NHL Network on Thursday....they're trying to piss us off by rerunning 1974, 1979, and 2019.

@dafoomie posted highlights of this game 10 years ago and it was also the CBC version. :dunno:

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

I've never seen the entire 1974 clincher. I think I may torture myself and watch it.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I've never seen the entire 1974 clincher. I think I may torture myself and watch it.

The 2019 series on NHLN is "condensed" (anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes), but the '74 one is only one hour IIRC, so it's pretty smushed. In general, I've been pretty impressed with NESN "Bruins in 2" versions that they've been rerunning - I've never really watched them before, but the few that I've recorded due to an oopsie have had at least 1, if not 2, segments of game vanish. Most of the ones they've been showing, like Best of Bergy last week, have had either all segments, or perhaps one segment deleted because of OT. No intermission jibber jabber, but that wouldn't be relevant on reruns anyway.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
@dafoomie posted highlights of this game 10 years ago and it was also the CBC version. :dunno:

That was from NHL Network before the Bruins became their Washington Generals.

NESN's twitter account posted highlights from NESN's broadcast while they were airing it, and I know they've aired that game in the past, at least as a condensed game. Wesley's goal is used at the end of all the ones packaged as Classic Bruins.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That was from NHL Network before the Bruins became their Washington Generals.

NESN's twitter account posted highlights from NESN's broadcast while they were airing it, and I know they've aired that game in the past, at least as a condensed game. Wesley's goal is used at the end of all the ones packaged as Classic Bruins.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad