Bruins Classics GDT ALL NESN classic games

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
IMO tonight’s G7 is one of the most underrated Bruins games of this era.

i know Debrusk scored a pair, but was this the game he pounds the spoked B on his chest as he skates by the bench after scoring? He went up several points in the TD Charlie scale after that.

This was the game Krug scores to open the 3rd to tie the game at 4, and the game was over to me at that point. I have chills revisiting it in my memory

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
i know Debrusk scored a pair, but was this the game he pounds the spoked B on his chest as he skates by the bench after scoring? He went up several points in the TD Charlie scale after that.

This was the game Krug scores to open the 3rd to tie the game at 4, and the game was over to me at that point. I have chills revisiting it in my memory

Yes, it was - on his second goal, I think. I definitely saw it after he scored one of his goals.

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
the second one would make more sense cuz it was the go ahead goal in the third. Busting up the right side and smashing into the wall on his back as the puck went in. So f***ing badass.

Yes this is was the goal that JD went to the bench grabbing the B on his jersey. Even watching tonight that gave me chills; if anyone can walk my computer illiterate self into changing my avatar from Lucic to this gif; that’s the one I’d set.

member 96824

When Torey’s goal hit the back of the net, I think that’s the loudest I’ve heard the Garden.

Reactions: bbfan419

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Watching the Bruins vs leafs game. Watching Colby Cave play and then remembering he’s passed... very strange and sad.

Yeah, this game made me kinda sad in retrospect. Colby Cave, and Gemel Smith....there was an article a few months back about how Chara kind of took him under his wings because Smith was suffering from depression. Looking back, you could kind of see it in his eyes a little, although it could be confirmation bias.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Game 4 1988 Stanley Cup vs Edmonton is on now!

This clown makes Tim Peel look good
Denis-Morel.jpg

Reactions: BMC

aguineapig

Just finished Big, Bad and Bobby. I'm broken down, busted up and bawling. Because that's how it was. Exactly how it was. And why I still am a Bruin fan. In hope that some day maybe, just maybe that magic, that feeling will happen again. But if it doesn't then that's ok too. Cause I lived it once. And for Big, Bad and Bobby once was truly a magnificent magic carpet ride.

Reactions: Fenway

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That was a great show. I don't remember much about it, I was 7 when they won the Cup in 1970 but I did understand that Bobby Orr was very, very special.

I'm surprised that Pat Quinn was allowed to leave the Garden alive after he trucked Orr though.

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->