ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - New Adidas Jersey Unveiling 6/20 (Teaser Posted) - Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
HC, did you ever do that Adidas Locker Access thing with that Jersey Button? If so, were you able to register correctly... and is it worth all the trouble?

The App wants control of everything short or your mortal soul... I wouldn't give it control of my phone... It wouldn't take my registration for some reason, even though it said my PW was valid... I uninstalled it post haste... got crummy reviews.

Thanks I advance.

Can't say i've ever tried it. The only Adidas retail authentic I bought for myself I returned.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
anyone know when we will see the new stadium series uni?

I would have bet that it would've been out for Black Friday and Christmas sales... and would have lost.

Someone recently reminded me that last Stadium Series it wasn't revealed until Decembered 10th... although Pittsburgh revealed theirs November 25th... I don't know when they were placed on sale though... So, I assume it won't be for a while this time either.

Reactions: Hexxxy

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I think it may be the NHL’s doing. The Winter Classic jerseys were just revealed so they don’t want to cannibalize that.

Possibly... The WFC Shop is presently full of Racks of the new Alternates... could very well be that other Organizations are following suite, and the aim is currently on pushing the first issues of the Adidas Alternates... and will push the Stadium Series after the Holiday Season.

But who knows what goes on inside their heads?... I'm sure whatever it is will be to their benefit.

I'm just curious as hell to see what the SS Jerseys look like this time around... with the understanding that they will be Futuristic rather than Retro(*).

(*) This eliminates the chance of a Tony the Tiger Retro again. :sarcasm:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's time to put my Richards authentic in a case and mount it...get a new Adidas home jersey.
I bought a Patrick six months ago and it fit like a wet suit so I'm terrified of the sizing chart leading me astray again. Expensive mistake.

Am not local to PA and no where around here has authentics for me to try on (of any team).

If I'm 5'9 and 195 pounds, would you guys recommend size 54?

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
It's time to put my Richards authentic in a case and mount it...get a new Adidas home jersey.
I bought a Patrick six months ago and it fit like a wet suit so I'm terrified of the sizing chart leading me astray again. Expensive mistake.

Am not local to PA and no where around here has authentics for me to try on (of any team).

If I'm 5'9 and 195 pounds, would you guys recommend size 54? I see there is a 25% sale today at nhlshop so I want to get in on that.

I'm just about your height and weight... but broad in the chest... I got a great deal on an Authentic sized 50... I can wear it with a T-Shirt and long sleeve together, but it's too snug with a hoodie... I'd rather it be larger even with a T/LS combo; it's just passable to wear... but arm length is perfect... Bottom line, based on that, is that 54 sounds about right for you, and should be fine with hoodie... I wouldn't go 52, to be safe, even for if only worn over T-Shirt. But keep in mind I'm broad in chest, so if you have a slight torso, you may want to adjust down one size.

If it helps any to guage... I wear a Large Reebok Replica and it's perfect with hoodie and arm length was also Perfect.

HTH

Reactions: sigma six

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Fanatics is having a pretty big sale right now. My mom was able to get me my Christmas present of a Mat Barzal 3rd jersey replica for $100 with shipping included. On that note how much is customization at WFC? Want to get my blank white one done up next time I'm down there as a Ghost or Wayne (who is one of my all time favorite Flyers) one.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Fanatics is having a pretty big sale right now. My mom was able to get me my Christmas present of a Mat Barzal 3rd jersey replica for $100 with shipping included. On that note how much is customization at WFC? Want to get my blank white one done up next time I'm down there as a Ghost or Wayne (who is one of my all time favorite Flyers) one.

Are you expecting to have it back that night?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I'm just about your height and weight... but broad in the chest... I got a great deal on an Authentic sized 50... I can wear it with a T-Shirt and long sleeve together, but it's too snug with a hoodie... I'd rather it be larger even with a T/LS combo; it's just passable to wear... but arm length is perfect... Bottom line, based on that, is that 54 sounds about right for you, and should be fine with hoodie... I wouldn't go 52, to be safe, even for if only worn over T-Shirt. But keep in mind I'm broad in chest, so if you have a slight torso, you may want to adjust down one size.

If it helps any to guage... I wear a Large Reebok Replica and it's perfect with hoodie and arm length was also Perfect.

HTH

Thanks man, it does indeed help. The Richards jersey I mentioned was pre-Edge, from the year when he wore the A so its size is nothing like how they size them these days.
I'm a beer nerd and it shows, so I wouldn't claim to have a slight torso at all. :laugh: Size 54 it is.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The fan zone or whatever rep told me that the stadium series jersey should be out a month before the game.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Wondering if anyone can confirm a few of the posts I saw in here that getting a blank jersey lettered (stitched) would be $70/$80 at any local skate zone ?

Modells has the alternate authentic adidas for $130. Considering buying one and turning it into a G jersey. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Wondering if anyone can confirm a few of the posts I saw in here that getting a blank jersey lettered (stitched) would be $70/$80 at any local skate zone ?

Modells has the alternate authentic adidas for $130. Considering buying one and turning it into a G jersey. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Correct. They’ll send it out to Philly Express for you. It takes a couple weeks though.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Got this and a ghost done a few weeks ago. I forgot to post.

Attachments

• 6068E8AB-678E-4598-8702-6E99A95CB189.jpeg
    6068E8AB-678E-4598-8702-6E99A95CB189.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 62C30085-BDC9-4A62-9109-734AAFB0164B.jpeg
    62C30085-BDC9-4A62-9109-734AAFB0164B.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 9

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any idea of what the new Stadium Series will look like?

I hope its the 90s burnt orange.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Any idea of what the new Stadium Series will look like?

I hope its the 90s burnt orange.

FWIW; the 2019 SS Hoodies and sweatshirts being sold are dark grey with the Released Revised Crest that is unicolored (Orange) https://www.fanatics.com/nhl/philad...o-3584+t-58714152+p-14588224153+z-9-432568182
https://www.fanatics.com/nhl/philad...-4606+t-03042930+p-36039380179+z-9-1965881232

While some the Jackets I've seen are lighter grey with the Unicolor Crest being Black.

One would then think that the Jerseys would be Black with Orange Crest BUT I do recall the Penguins Crest being Unicolor Yellow over a Black background... therefore the Pens Jerseys would then have to be Black, with the Crest Yellow... and the Flyers Jerseys would the be a lighter color, such as Orange, as to not conflict with the Pens... The Flyers Released Crest was a Unicolor Black over an Orange background.
Google Image Result for http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2018/12/flyers-penguins-2019-stadium-series-211x180.png

Therefore, IMO it would be safe to assume that the Flyers would wear an Orange Jersey similar in color to the Orange in the Teaser Release, with Black Crest and Trim. While the Pens will wear Black jerseys with Yellow Crest... with black penguin... and Yellow Trim.

My personal belief is that they will be pretty badic/plain... Not very different from the last SS Jersey, except for the Unicolor Crest... Not sure about the Pens though.

If this assumption is correct it would mean they would go with the rare, but not unprecedented, Color on Color Game... since they are contrasting colors that cannot easily be confused unless one is colorblind.

The above is of course merely my uneducated opinion.

That said... I have seen zero leaks... except maybe the Tony The Tiger Jersey that always pops up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad