ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Brind'Amour Night Patch Order - Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The only legitimate Flyers jersey that I dislike is the 3-D alternate that went away when the Reebok contract came about... I see all the other jerseys, besides the last Winter Classic one, as being an evolution that circled back to the current Retro ones. To me that is one of the charming factors of the Flyers jersey... as with most of the Original Six jerseys, tweaks rather than major revisions are what happens... if you believe the Black jersey that arose in the Late-Nineties was also a color-tweak, as I do. For the most part the Original Six plus the Flyers and the Blues have been consistent and rarely went with the money grabbing jersey issues that so many teams that do not pride themselves in their 'Tradition' seems to issue at the drop of a hat ***CoughCanucksCough***... The Oilers I guess could also be included with their mostly static jerseys.

Mr. Snider has promised that the Flyers Flying 'P' Logo and Black and Orange colors would always be a part of the Flyers as long as he is involved/in control... I also believe that he wants the basic jersey style to in place, and except for that 3-D Alternate and the one and done Winter Classic II ones, that has been the case... with a slight veering to the black ones... The jerseys evolved with the Cooperalls sparking the first change and the Reebok template forcing the second. Once the template was done away with, the door was open to return to the roots, and the current Retros.

That said... I can see a Black version becoming an alternate, but as the non-use of the WCII proved, I don't see Snider allowing a new pattern style jersey ever again being worn on a regular basis... And I for one am happy with that policy. I see it further establishing the Flyers as a member of the in all reality 'Original Seven'. ;)

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I hope that's just a mis-type

Believe it or not... that is the second time I've made that same dumb mistake over my lifetime. :laugh:

That was indeed a mistype... or bone headed screw up... I certainly know it is a Flying 'P'; at least I should know after four decades of following the team and owning many.

Thanks of the heads up, My Friend. (since corrected ;) )

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Believe it or not... that is the second time I've made that same dumb mistake over my lifetime. :laugh:

That was indeed a mistype... or bone headed screw up... I certainly know it is a Flying 'P'; at least I should know after four decades of following the team and owning many.

Thanks of the heads up, My Friend. (since corrected ;) )

Welcome lol.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Dropped my blank Orange at Voorhees SkateZone to get it Simmonds-ized... Discovered that I had overestimated it and it was only $65.00 plus tax, bringing it to $69.55 and bottom line total cost of $139.55 less the $10.00 Kohl's Cash... so I'll have my sewn on Pro On-Ice customized Simmonds Replica in 2-3 weeks for under $130.00. :)

While there I quickly browsed the shop... recovering from her operation wife was in the car, so my time was limited... I quickly noticed some sweet on-ice worn equipment for sale... Coburn's and B.Schenn's (autographed) gloves among others for $85.00 Coburn's was pretty new-like but Braydens was well used with blackened palms... quickly moved on to see many helmets... some high numbered laundry bags from wanna-bees for $25.00 -- were once sold at WFC for $50.00 and now there for $40.00... once passed up buying Jagr which sold by my next lap around the Atrium.. now kick myself I the arse each time I think about it -- but by far the most interesting items were the goalie gear... great to see and even greater to handle and inspect. Boosh pads for $750,00 IIR and various other pads and gloves and blockers by various goalies who passed through the System, including the likes of one Michael Leighton (maybe the ones that cost up the Cup in 2010? ;) ) and the prize items there were by far the Bryzgalov items that were going for a king's ransom... his pads were marked at $2,000.00 per set... The goalies equipment were so nice to feel the quality of; so solid, yet so relatively light... I wanted to spend more time but my guilty feelings were allowing me only a couple minutes with the wife in the car... even though I did crack the windows ;) ... seriously, she is great about it and doesn't complain, but has been going through so much like a trooper after her nasty cancer bout; she could be a Flyer, she is so good about it... I plan on returning when I can to take more time with what is still left... hopefully before I have to pick up the #17 jersey, and I will report on anything else that I may find interesting.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They had Schenn gloves? Where?

EDIT: I went the day of the pro stock sale and again one day this week and didn't see Schenn gloves after the initial rush. My goal was to get the Schenn helmet that was in the picture posted on Facebook. The helmet wasn't ever there at the sale. I was first person to helmets and it wasn't there. I picked up Grossmann's black helmet, Downie's Avs helmet, and Briere, Timonen, and Schenn laundry bags. I would love to get my hands on those gloves that you mentioned though.

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
They had Schenn gloves? Where?

EDIT: I went the day of the pro stock sale and again one day this week and didn't see Schenn gloves after the initial rush. My goal was to get the Schenn helmet that was in the picture posted on Facebook. The helmet wasn't ever there at the sale. I was first person to helmets and it wasn't there. I picked up Grossmann's black helmet, Downie's Avs helmet, and Briere, Timonen, and Schenn laundry bags. I would love to get my hands on those gloves that you mentioned though.

CAVIAT: Since I was breezing through, it is possible I'm recalling incorrectly... I'm positive about the Coburn gloves and that at least one of the other had a signature on it... but I may be wrong about Schenn... However, that is who I'm remembering it being. Maybe they added things after the initial sale.

I'm surprised the Briere, Kimmo and Schenn Laundry bags were there... I guess they only sent some to WFC and in them was the Jagr one... funny that they were more expensive there (WFC) also. They still have some, but as I said, reduced from $50 to $40. Even though Jagr was a Flyer only one season, having an elite all-time NHL great and sure to be HHoF player's bag would be terrific... I was thinking I'd use it to keep my dirty laundry in to LOL... In the end I decided that enough was enough and I had to say no... so instead I bought my #40 Home Jersey with the Fifty Dollars Flyers STH Stored Cash and an added hundred, taking the 25% one day sale discount for that particular game... I really wish I had bought both. :shakehead

EDIT: Where?... they had a table set up at the side of the inside of the shop, by the front window, where they had the equipment for sale... they also had a section beside it with all the goalie pads, gloves, etal.

Mosetter27

haah I was in the shop when you dropped your jersey off.. I was the loud guy either in a Black nike shirt or a Iowa Chops jersey… i believe I was eating when you came in. I can confirm that as of friday there aren't any Schenn gloves. And the laundry bags they have just about every #. regulars and semi-regulars (phantom call ups) are gray. orange and black were just every other number up to 98 for rookie camp and what not.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
haah I was in the shop when you dropped your jersey off.. I was the loud guy either in a Black nike shirt or a Iowa Chops jersey… i believe I was eating when you came in. I can confirm that as of friday there aren't any Schenn gloves. And the laundry bags they have just about every #. regulars and semi-regulars (phantom call ups) are gray. orange and black were just every other number up to 98 for rookie camp and what not.

My identity has been uncovered. haha

So I guess I confused B. Schenn with another winger in my senior memory mind... I do at least remember clearly that it was signed.

Not sure I'm completely following the laundry bag details... I do know that at the WFC they did have a list a couple weeks back with the players they said they had there... and while not remembering seeing Jagr on the list I assumed it was his. So I guess that the ones at the WFC were legit players bags while the ones at the VSZ are generic bags that are used by players in camp... Are you saying that we should look for the gray ones to be sure they are from Flyers players, and avoid the O & B ones since they are just odd bags that were used at camp?

Just for curiosity... what's the story... were the laundry bags replaced by another style or method and these are now merely excess junk at the facility?

Thanks... You can now go and eat your Sunday Lunch, my friend. :)

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Haven't picked up a new jersey in a while...any real hope for finding some kind of cyber monday deal tomorrow?

Mosetter27

My identity has been uncovered. haha

So I guess I confused B. Schenn with another winger in my senior memory mind... I do at least remember clearly that it was signed.

Not sure I'm completely following the laundry bag details... I do know that at the WFC they did have a list a couple weeks back with the players they said they had there... and while not remembering seeing Jagr on the list I assumed it was his. So I guess that the ones at the WFC were legit players bags while the ones at the VSZ are generic bags that are used by players in camp... Are you saying that we should look for the gray ones to be sure they are from Flyers players, and avoid the O & B ones since they are just odd bags that were used at camp?

Just for curiosity... what's the story... were the laundry bags replaced by another style or method and these are now merely excess junk at the facility?

Thanks... You can now go and eat your Sunday Lunch, my friend. :)

you are correct, sort of... The gray ones were used by the players, orange and black were used by prospects and rookies who wore the respective #'s. they were all legit used.

i believe it was just excess junk.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
you are correct, sort of... The gray ones were used by the players, orange and black were used by prospects and rookies who wore the respective #'s. they were all legit used.

i believe it was just excess junk.

Thanks... I suppose 'legit' was not a good choice of words by me haha... I guess I should have said that the gray were used for 'established' players, while the O & B ones were for the prospects... I'm gonna keep that in mind and use my gray matter in selecting... now that I have the inside information. ;)

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
Mark Laforest 2012 alumni game worn jersey

Worn in period 3 only this set 2 was given to the players. The jersey didn't see any action as mark played in the first and second periods but rode the bench in the third. The back numbers and nameplate are signed by most but not all of the team members I assume he just ran out of space to have guys sign it. I know Jeremy Roenick had the guys sign his set 2 I'm sure other guys did too just can't remember.

I attended the alumni game and winter classic vs the Rangers and it was just a blast at both games I'm glad I could get something like this to remember it by! Has the #10 on the shoulder for brad mccrimmon who passed in the plane crash few years back worn by all flyers alumni players

04BC9C5F-A367-455E-B9AA-AA5BFB6A6771-9514-000003A18EDCCEA4_zps54fa2839.jpg

FC315A65-018C-46FD-98F8-2A9216C23974-9514-000003A199561487_zpsa4de0645.jpg

2258EC9F-C484-48E5-9744-A68A5E2AD7D3-9514-000003A194728EE6_zpse550d484.jpg

39048F82-67B1-4F0B-A47B-5753189510E8-9514-000003A19E93E145_zps2af6f3a9.jpg

AB9E8995-2D7F-41D4-AECD-994F8E43EE1D-9514-000003A1A309E221_zpse17f1b7b.jpg

2F943221-B1B5-49BE-91E5-61D7CA190108-9514-000003A1A7798599_zpsb30ffedb.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Mentioned before that I had MacKinnon's Third Set One pre-ordered but recently Hockey Fights Cancer auctioned off some sticks that are used by all NHL teams. Obviously MacKinnon caught my eye and then I saw that the sticks were used on October 15th, which was the first game that MacKinnon wore the jersey. I was able to get an obvious photo match of the stick from the game. I won the auction tonight and I have to say it feels much better to win something and the money go to a charity instead of a companies pocket. Below is a scanned image of part of the 16x20 photo that I bought. Now I just need to figure out how i'll display them all together when I get the jersey in.

ab0yh3.png

33230ag.jpg

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I saw the sticks up for auction. I got a Grossman and a Talbot game used and autographed stick on a Flyers Wives Charities auction last season. Didn't have the spare $ to pick up one this season. But, was tempted.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
very awesome!

oh BTW the signed gloves checked em last night.. Andreas NODL lol

LOL... Could I BE any more wrong?... B.Schenn/A.Nodl... anyone would mix them up. haha

Thanks, Dude... BTW, how's the customization orders going... two to three week estimates holding up? Hoping for my #17 before my next game... still got some time left though.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I saw the sticks up for auction. I got a Grossman and a Talbot game used and autographed stick on a Flyers Wives Charities auction last season. Didn't have the spare $ to pick up one this season. But, was tempted.

I picked up a beautiful Knuble game used stick at an event a few seasons back for $100.00 I believe it was... but I don't believe they used to sign them back then... at least that one wasn't. Thought of taking it to the VSZ since Knoobs almost always used to stop to sign... but sticks are so difficult to work with when the player is in his car. LOL Oh well... still a sweet looking stick with his stuff printed on it.

Many years ago I was able to buy a broken LeClair stick at a Black Horse Pike memorabilia shop that used to be around for $40.00 IIRC... The great thing about it -- besides it being old fashioned wooden and all -- is the very sever curve he had on his stick and the great wear and tear on the black tape which it seems he didn't redo much... I imagine it broke in a game or practice and he gave it to someone... or the trainer later did... and they just sold it off for quick cash. I don't see me ever
getting that signed by John. I have it taped up and is a great conversation piece with the curve and old-time construction. Worth every penny of the 40 bucks.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I picked up a beautiful Knuble game used stick at an event a few seasons back for $100.00 I believe it was... but I don't believe they used to sign them back then... at least that one wasn't. Thought of taking it to the VSZ since Knoobs almost always used to stop to sign... but sticks are so difficult to work with when the player is in his car. LOL Oh well... still a sweet looking stick with his stuff printed on it.

Many years ago I was able to buy a broken LeClair stick at a Black Horse Pike memorabilia shop that used to be around for $40.00 IIRC... The great thing about it -- besides it being old fashioned wooden and all -- is the very sever curve he had on his stick and the great wear and tear on the black tape which it seems he didn't redo much... I imagine it broke in a game or practice and he gave it to someone... or the trainer later did... and they just sold it off for quick cash. I don't see me ever
getting that signed by John. I have it taped up and is a great conversation piece with the curve and old-time construction. Worth every penny of the 40 bucks.

That's pretty cool.

Normally, I do not buy autographed items. I always wonder about the legitimacy. I've seen past news stories where they claim over 50% of signed sports items are fake. Only reason I bought the two I have because it was the team itself selling them (Flyer's Wive's Charity is basically the teams official charity). I would never have spent the $ otherwise.

Signed items are a bigger deal to me than game used. These two sticks just happened to be both.

After this year's carnival, I will be out of room for jerseys, and pretty much everything but signed pucks. I could squeeze in a another signed stick or two, but it's just too big of a headache to try to bring hockey sticks there and back on the airplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad