ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Brind'Amour Night Patch Order - Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
Got my name bar from Denver Athletic, currently getting stitched on.

photo1_zpsfaa12a84.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Thought this might be of interest to some people. Darren Rovell tweeted this this morning. Does not include Canadian purchases though, still thought it was cool.

50% of all NHL jerseys sold over the last 3 months have been Rangers, Flyers, Bruins & Penguins jerseys

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
In case anyone is interested... I'm usually drug to the Turnersville NJ Kohl's by my wife and I'm always pissed by the lack of Flyers stuff in their Men's Team-wear Department... with great representation by most other Area sports pro and college teams. Tonight we stopped by the Marlton NJ store where I was greatly pleased and surprised to find much Flyers stuff.

Most of note were the many Flyers blank Home Premier jerseys on the rack in all sizes... selling for a $125.00 Regular Price. Now I'm not sure if you are aware of Kohl's standard MO of constant sales and coupon discounts as well as such things as their Kohl's Dollars programs... Simply put, you never pay retail at Kohls, smart people await a promotion of some sort. I believe the Eagles jerseys beside the Flyers ones were on sale for somewhere around 25% or 50%... I forget which... and the wife had a coupon that took 30% off the lowest price of any item in the store (sales items included) plus she was compiling Kohl's Dollars with each purchase -- she got IIRC $10.00 worth for each $50.00 spent at Kohls over a certain period, and had a certain period to spend them exactly as she would cash -- So the Flyers Jersey would be $87.50 and bring $10.00 in Kohl's Dollars, with $37.50 left that would go towards another one after another $12.50 was spent.

Take that discounted jersey to Voorhees SkateZone and spend maybe $75.00 for personalization and you have a Flyers player of your choice for something like $162.50... and the personalization would be sewn on and the very same size and quality as the players wear. Compare that with the Regular Price at the Wells Fargo Fan stores of $200.00.. and at times lesser quality personalization... or higher for the sewn on multi-ply stuff that other Sports Collectable Mall Stores sell... and on par with the Dicks/Models/SportsAuthority chains that have lesser quality/smaller personalization/Heat Pressed jerseys of a very limited list of players.

... Just a thought. ;)

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
In case anyone is interested... I'm usually drug to the Turnersville NJ Kohl's by my wife and I'm always pissed by the lack of Flyers stuff in their Men's Team-wear Department... with great representation by most other Area sports pro and college teams. Tonight we stopped by the Marlton NJ store where I was greatly pleased and surprised to find much Flyers stuff.

Most of note were the many Flyers blank Home Premier jerseys on the rack in all sizes... selling for a $125.00 Regular Price. Now I'm not sure if you are aware of Kohl's standard MO of constant sales and coupon discounts as well as such things as their Kohl's Dollars programs... Simply put, you never pay retail at Kohls, smart people await a promotion of some sort. I believe the Eagles jerseys beside the Flyers ones were on sale for somewhere around 25% or 50%... I forget which... and the wife had a coupon that took 30% off the lowest price of any item in the store (sales items included) plus she was compiling Kohl's Dollars with each purchase -- she got IIRC $10.00 worth for each $50.00 spent at Kohls over a certain period, and had a certain period to spend them exactly as she would cash -- So the Flyers Jersey would be $87.50 and bring $10.00 in Kohl's Dollars, with $37.50 left that would go towards another one after another $12.50 was spent.

Take that discounted jersey to Voorhees SkateZone and spend maybe $75.00 for personalization and you have a Flyers player of your choice for something like $162.50... and the personalization would be sewn on and the very same size and quality as the players wear. Compare that with the Regular Price at the Wells Fargo Fan stores of $200.00.. and at times lesser quality personalization... or higher for the sewn on multi-ply stuff that other Sports Collectable Mall Stores sell... and on par with the Dicks/Models/SportsAuthority chains that have lesser quality/smaller personalization/Heat Pressed jerseys of a very limited list of players.

... Just a thought. ;)

FWIW, I recall the Cherry Hill Kohl's always having an excellent selection of Flyers gear.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Take that discounted jersey to Voorhees SkateZone and spend maybe $75.00 for personalization and you have a Flyers player of your choice for something like $162.50...

Yes, that would be cheaper than buying at the stadium.

I usually order from Cool Hockey.com, though. That's around the price I can get from them. And, if ya catch a sale day, it's even less than that. After my one experience with Philly Express thru the mail, I'd never use them again unless I can see their work before I pay.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
FWIW, I recall the Cherry Hill Kohl's always having an excellent selection of Flyers gear.

Turnersville is deep seated in the heart of South Jersey Flyers Country... one would think it would be ripe for Flyers gear and would stock them. Could be the manager is dropping the ball and may not be a hockey fan, thus unaware and not open to doing some research.

That said, I'm going to have to double check and make sure I'm not confusing locations... and it was another Kohl's. I really can't recall being dragged into that many Kohl's though. haha The Black Horse Pike one is the Mrs.' favorite hangouts.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Yes, that would be cheaper than buying at the stadium.

I usually order from Cool Hockey.com, though. That's around the price I can get from them. And, if ya catch a sale day, it's even less than that. After my one experience with Philly Express thru the mail, I'd never use them again unless I can see their work before I pay.

The $50.00 special one time discount during the Caps game (IIRC) was a Godsend... added to my STH Stored Value netted me a $100.00 jersey at the WFC... a once in a lifetime deal on a current player -- Although, having to sit through that Caps 7-0 drubbing, it was the least they could do. ;)

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
When it comes to buying jerseys I've always decided to buy a knockoff for thirty bucks instead of the real ones, but I finally want to go out and get a real one. I've heard that buying from the NHL Shop online isn't a good idea, is that true? Is my best bet to get one from the arena? Or is there a site that you guys can recommend?

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
When it comes to buying jerseys I've always decided to buy a knockoff for thirty bucks instead of the real ones, but I finally want to go out and get a real one. I've heard that buying from the NHL Shop online isn't a good idea, is that true? Is my best bet to get one from the arena? Or is there a site that you guys can recommend?

You looking for a replica or authentic?

Last edited:

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
Authentic.

Cheapest route is probably searching ebay or the IJ forums. You might have to play the waiting game though.

If you want it now, you can grab a blank one from Frozen Pond and have it customized when you get it. The only thing is I can't tell you 100% sure if they are the Canada authentics or the Indo-edges. The picture would suggest it's made in Canada but for some of the other teams on the site they appear to be the Indo-edges. Maybe email them first or someone else here can chime in. There may be some other retail sites out there but I dont know any off the top of my head

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I went to the Turnersville Kohl's and found a lot of Flyers stuff including replica blank jerseys... For 20% off.. had a 30% additional coupon which brought the $125.00 home Orange to $70.00.

Bringing it to VSZ for a Simmonds replica with on the ice quality sewn personalization... Net cost about $145.00 ... And a quality jersey better than the retail sports store crap. :)

PS: And received another $10.00+ Kohls cash.

Last edited:

John Wayne Gretzky

Dec 14, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I still have a Few Authentics Im looking to unload if anyone is interested.

Black Edge Authentic 52
1237000_10201890656136365_183833110_n.jpg

White Edge Authentic 52
61839_10201890656296369_885911791_n.jpg

White RBK Authentic 48
1236992_10201890657536400_516054278_n.jpg

Signed Bauer Brindamour Team Canada XL
1382403_10201983057566343_741986173_n.jpg

I have a large white Saskatoon Blades, Red Voltigeurs and a red Ice Dogs all brand new and never worn available as well. Best offer for any of them.

I also have a ton of Stanley cup patches for $6 ea.

PM me if interested.

MrFlyers

Oct 6, 2013
Norway
New 3rd jersey.

As the title say. I want an alternate jersey. My tought is black where the home jersey is orange, and orange where the home is black.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I'm also a fan of getting a black third jerseys. The last black one they had sucked. If they use the same pattern/scheme as their current jerseys it could look really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad