ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Brind'Amour Night Patch Order - Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
That's pretty cool.

Normally, I do not buy autographed items. I always wonder about the legitimacy. I've seen past news stories where they claim over 50% of signed sports items are fake. Only reason I bought the two I have because it was the team itself selling them (Flyer's Wive's Charity is basically the teams official charity). I would never have spent the $ otherwise.

Signed items are a bigger deal to me than game used. These two sticks just happened to be both.

After this year's carnival, I will be out of room for jerseys, and pretty much everything but signed pucks. I could squeeze in a another signed stick or two, but it's just too big of a headache to try to bring hockey sticks there and back on the airplane.

I hear ya.

I agree on outside autographed items... authenticated or not; who authenticates the authenticator? LOL... I personally enjoy the Game Used more than the signature, but I suppose that being here it is just so easy to get most signatures at one one point in time or another. I agree that being from the Organization lends so much credence to the items.

That said, one has to wonder though when we hear so much about secretarial signatures... and often not denoted as such... Throughout the years it was a common practice where celebrities would have 'staff' sign things on their behalf and send them out. I know for a fact that such greats as Ernest Hemmingway did it often... and then there are stories such as the one where the Dave Clark Five would have a single member sign all five names for his mates without a word about it. And this isn't even mentioning the frauds who sell phony autographs for their own profit. I love and cherish the ones I have that I saw signed... I, when I can, ask a player to sign it to me personally. I know it actually lowers the value, but I have no intention of ever selling them off, so what... and I think by having them do they they realize that I'm not someone who's out to make a buck on their name -- being older I suppose I appear to be someone who does that haha -- I feel it is respectful to them... and I guess I just feel better about it... plus I like the idea of having something signed to me, especially jerseys that I wear.

I actually can understand how some players when outside Organizational events feel it proper to charge... since so many parasites make money and supplement their income their off the players' talents and fame.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Dick's Sporting Goods in Cherry Hill has both White and Navy Team USA Olympic jerseys. I know they're sold out of the Navy on the USA Hockey website. EPS (Exclusive Pro Sports) does the lettering on the on-ice jerseys so you can send them there once the team roster is announced. I know last go around (the Olympics) it was very hard to get ahold of a jersey come Olympic time.

Mosetter27

The Dick's Sporting Goods in Cherry Hill has both White and Navy Team USA Olympic jerseys. I know they're sold out of the Navy on the USA Hockey website. EPS (Exclusive Pro Sports) does the lettering on the on-ice jerseys so you can send them there once the team roster is announced. I know last go around (the Olympics) it was very hard to get ahold of a jersey come Olympic time.

if they all weren't so hideous I would consider but jesus I can't put abominations like them in my collection. That collection also includes 2 Wildwings a Burger King and a 4 Tampa Stroms!

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
if they all weren't so hideous I would consider but jesus I can't put abominations like them in my collection.
Haha, looked them up for the first time on USA Hockey's website and they truly seem to be :laugh: But I thought they looked alright when seeing them here. But I'm not going to laugh fully at your jerseys just yet, since I haven't seen ours. I've only seen sketches, and there aren't any real-life pictures. From the looks of it, they're going to be terrible.

I think Canada Black and Canada Red are my favourites as far as Olympic jerseys go, at least thus far.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
That looks real, but honestly - I'd order one from Coolhockey.com - I've made 4 orders from them, and plan to order another. They make it for you and ship it to you. It's not much more than that.

There are so many fakes on ebay - and some are damn good fakes when it comes to trying to tell. Some are better at telling than others. I don't even chance it personally, though...

Last edited:

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Got my MacKinnon stick delivered today. I'll post pics if you guys want to see it but this is more going to be a rant about UPS. So upon winning the auction I emailed Meigray asking to require signature upon delivery because it was going to be delivered to my brothers house in Philadelphia (to avoid tax if I'm being honest). I knew that neither of us would be home because we both work together so I planned on just picking it up at the UPS center once I got the "We missed you." note after today. I checked the tracking number once the stick was sent out and it stated signature required. I signed up for the text updates and around 1:30 I get a text that the stick was delivered. At this time my brother was sitting right next to me and no one lives there besides him. I check the tracking number and it says "Signed For By: My last name". No one was there. It wasn't signed for and it was snowing and raining today let alone the fact that it's Philadelphia and I'm at work so it could just walk away off the door step. There was a reason that I wanted someone to sign for it and it to not just be left. Luckily they put it in the screen door so it wasn't sitting outside at least.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Got my MacKinnon stick delivered today. I'll post pics if you guys want to see it but this is more going to be a rant about UPS. So upon winning the auction I emailed Meigray asking to require signature upon delivery because it was going to be delivered to my brothers house in Philadelphia (to avoid tax if I'm being honest). I knew that neither of us would be home because we both work together so I planned on just picking it up at the UPS center once I got the "We missed you." note after today. I checked the tracking number once the stick was sent out and it stated signature required. I signed up for the text updates and around 1:30 I get a text that the stick was delivered. At this time my brother was sitting right next to me and no one lives there besides him. I check the tracking number and it says "Signed For By: My last name". No one was there. It wasn't signed for and it was snowing and raining today let alone the fact that it's Philadelphia and I'm at work so it could just walk away off the door step. There was a reason that I wanted someone to sign for it and it to not just be left. Luckily they put it in the screen door so it wasn't sitting outside at least.

Idk what's up with that lately. I ordered almost 800$ worth of diamonds for the holidays online and like you I knew no one would be home to receive them i just wanted to pick them up wherever, they ended up just leaving them on the step. Kind of crazy.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
At least they actually I delivered it. I have sat in my living room, WAITING for the delivery. After several hours, I opened the door for something else and saw the yellow tag on the door. NO ONE knocked. He didn't even try to deliver the package. Just walked up and stuck the note on the door and left. That has happened to me three or four different times over the years.

But, I have also had guns returned from repair just left on my door step, and they required a signature.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
My guess is that they are in such a rush due to all the crazy tracking and metrics they have on those things. Not saying it's right, and it's definitely something you should let the company you purchased from know. I feel they have a better ability to complain to their shipping providers.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Sawdalite i'm pretty sure your jerseys done.. saw 2 simmonds orange jerseys hanging up on the rack behind counter last night…

Thanks... Yesterday has been exactly two weeks... IIRC from past work with them, they are quick but too slow in calling for pickup; I believe the past ones I had to either call or stop by to find out... and calling them is not very easy ether haha. I guess I'll try getting through to them tomorrow... before I drive on the sloppy roads.

Thanks again... It's so nice to have an inside source for getting heads ups at times like this. :)

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
Flyers team issue 2.0 11-12 giroux carnival jersey

A07F04C7-AE84-4E30-959D-1CC697FC1F53_zpscetmd5cz.jpg
[/url]

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Need an opinion from you guys. As i've mentioned before I have MacKinnon's Third Set One Preordered and have the stick from one of the games that he wore the blueberry in and photo-matched it. Now I see that Meigray has the Burgundy and White Set Two jerseys up for pre-order. The blueberry will be worn for 7 games. The Burgundy and White will both be worn for 15 games. The White will also be worn in Philly.

Now the question is do I keep the stick/jersey combo or go with the jersey worn in more games and still have the stick used in the rookie season? Keep in mind the prices are all the same.

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
Need an opinion from you guys. As i've mentioned before I have MacKinnon's Third Set One Preordered and have the stick from one of the games that he wore the blueberry in and photo-matched it. Now I see that Meigray has the Burgundy and White Set Two jerseys up for pre-order. The blueberry will be worn for 7 games. The Burgundy and White will both be worn for 15 games. The White will also be worn in Philly.

Now the question is do I keep the stick/jersey combo or go with the jersey worn in more games and still have the stick used in the rookie season? Keep in mind the prices are all the same.

My $.02 would be keep the blueberry. Strictly because I like that jersey more than the other two jerseys. I don't have any gamers so I'm not sure how much weight my opinion should have lol. If I'm following this correctly though, if you went with the burgundy or white, you would then lose the stick/jersey combo. Personally, and I'm not sure how you would display it, I think the stick/jersey combo would be pretty sweet rather than a jersey and a stick separately. Either way though all the pieces are pretty awesome so I don't think you can "lose" with whatever you decide

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
Not new but wanted to show off my frame I got for Christmas

Not a jersey but got this from the last gameworn.net auction for cheap. Game used whalers chris pronger stick. Old school aluminum Bauer stick very cool no cracks or anything some wear not it though.

0DA4B499-B946-4C7D-A03E-D03D109389EA_zps8gemax2d.jpg

7B368C0C-96B9-46E9-BF20-3F16939956FD_zpstaobner3.jpg

8A784774-DF5A-4230-9B1A-1620E5BFAC8B_zpslcjalnql.jpg

E93C520A-85B1-4536-82DD-4260C36EFDFF_zpstycwbo32.jpg

CE07CD41-1FD1-47EF-BBFF-B34CF28BD4C9_zpsqktnkykg.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ordering a new jersey tonight. Can't decide who to get. Every time I buy a jersey, guy gets traded or leaves via UFA (Renberg, Richards, LeClair).

I'm thinking B.Schenn or Couturier. I also am partial to Hartnell and Vinny. Thoughts?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ordering a new jersey tonight. Can't decide who to get. Every time I buy a jersey, guy gets traded or leaves via UFA (Renberg, Richards, LeClair).

I'm thinking B.Schenn or Couturier. I also am partial to Hartnell and Vinny. Thoughts?

If you getting a jersey means they get traded then please get a Hartnell jersey :naughty:

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

If you're concerned about longevity, I think the 3 safest choices are Giroux, Couturier and Voracek

The others you're playing with fire, especially with Hartnell

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I think you'd be safe with READ for right now. He just signed a new contract.

I will likely get a Read jersey to get signed at the carnival

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Going with Coots. I like Schenn bettet ATM but I think Couturier will be around longer. Who does better customization, icejerseys or River City Sports or someone else?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Going with Coots. I like Schenn bettet ATM but I think Couturier will be around longer. Who does better customization, icejerseys or River City Sports or someone else?

I like coolhockey.com

I ordered a Devils Jagr jersey from them earlier tonight. My 4th or 5th order from them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce