Confirmed with Link: All Habs games this week are postponed

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The majority of Canadians are double vaccinated, there’s nothing to worry about.

well double vacc isn't that effective against new variant last time I checked, but with the booster it appears to be doing well

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
well double vacc isn't that effective against new variant last time I checked, but with the booster it appears to be doing well

I don’t think so… I got 9/11 close family members who got sick this week, 5 of which had the booster.

Glad I didn’t attend that New Year’s family get together, which was when they got infected based on the timelines we discussed in our family group chat.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don’t think so… I got 9/11 close family members who got sick this week, 5 of which had the booster.

Glad I didn’t attend that New Year’s family get together, which was when they got infected based on the timelines we discussed in our family group chat.

It isn't that effective if you are older than 67 I believe, but who knows.. they keep moving the goal posts and like the control. Walmart and the movie theater are open, the gyms are closed... I don't get any of it.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It isn't that effective if you are older than 67 I believe, but who knows.. they keep moving the goal posts and like the control. Walmart and the movie theater are open, the gyms are closed... I don't get any of it.

Yup, no argument there.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That article is from May 13 lmao, are you f***ing with us? :facepalm:

Do you think Dr. Strange was there advising the CDC because he saw every possible futures and didn't foresee a new strain??
Dr Strange? When the campaign for vaccination began, they told everyone that a double vaxx meant a return to normal life and now it's a booster as well, how long does this keep going? Sooner or later there has to be a realization that variants will keep coming and we either live with it or keep getting shots 2-3 times a year.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Dr Strange? When the campaign for vaccination began, they told everyone that a double vaxx meant a return to normal life and now it's a booster as well, how long does this keep going? Sooner or later there has to be a realization that variants will keep coming and we either live with it or keep getting shots 2-3 times a year.
The issue is, the vaccine isn't a cure. Just like a flu shot, it helps lessen the symptoms of a particular strain. It spreads so quickly and causes some very severe symptoms in people who are older or have health issues, so even fully vaccinated people can still get very sick and die. Which of course, threatens to overwhelm Healthcare. You or I may feel fairly well, but we could have it and spread it to an older person.
At least, this is how I understand it.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

Teams are just going to keep running into these personnel issues. It's not going to be any different a week or even a month from now. If you aren't showing symptoms, let them play. Otherwise, you're just constantly taking guys out of the lineup who are probably healthy enough to play. I know this will never happen because they can still spread it, but I don't see anything changing for the rest of the season.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Teams are just going to keep running into these personnel issues. It's not going to be any different a week or even a month from now. If you aren't showing symptoms, let them play. Otherwise, you're just constantly taking guys out of the lineup who are probably healthy enough to play. I know this will never happen because they can still spread it, but I don't see anything changing for the rest of the season.
I agree, either play or simply call it off, this is getting ridiculous.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think that is what they're doing by making it a 5-day quarantine. To have guys who are either asymptomatic or no longer have any symptoms to come back quicker.

But the home games being postponed also has something to do with the curfew and if fans attend, even at a reduced capacity, those people will not be getting home before the 10PM curfew.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I think that is what they're doing by making it a 5-day quarantine. To have guys who are either asymptomatic or no longer have any symptoms to come back quicker.

But the home games being postponed also has something to do with the curfew and if fans attend, even at a reduced capacity, those people will not be getting home before the 10PM curfew.
True, but it's not just the Habs that are having games canceled. Imagine if this is still happening in the playoffs and you lose a few key players. That could be the end right there for a team. Do they postpone, or play through? Is it fair either way? I think the league needs to try to set some kind of rule or whatever before they reach that point.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

There's no mission to ruin OldCraig71's life here...if this was as mild as the flu then we'd be back to living life normally, but the flu doesn't put people in ICU like covid does so the booster shots and restrictions will be applied as necessary to keep our hospitalization low.

I don't know how things are going in Quebec, but in Ontario we've added 120 to our ICU since last week alone and we're anticipating more this upcoming week.

It's not a big deal. Normality will come back in due time...it did briefly, but then ICU's shot back up. Hopefully they'll come back down asap and forever, time will tell.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There's no mission to ruin OldCraig71's life here...if this was as mild as the flu then we'd be back to living life normally, but the flu doesn't put people in ICU like covid does so the booster shots and restrictions will be applied as necessary to keep our hospitalization low.

I don't know how things are going in Quebec, but in Ontario we've added 120 to our ICU since last week alone and we're anticipating more this upcoming week.

It's not a big deal. Normality will come back in due time...it did briefly, but then ICU's shot back up. Hopefully they'll come back down asap and forever, time will tell.
It's not about me, my life is pretty much the way it always was. I am referring to healthy athletes that are all vaccinated and even the ones that test positive have little to no symptoms but they can't play. Steve Yzerman spoke out on the very same subject a little while ago, he seems confused about what is going on. I believe that the season should just be canceled, if the risk is as great as they say it is then just shut it down.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Came here expecting to get current news on which players are slated to participate in the upcoming matches,are there any updates? I have looked at capF to gauge the situation but does not clarify much.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So what is going on with the infected Habs? I haven’t heard anything about Habs players being removed from Covid protocol yet.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Hopefully this doesn’t push out the draft lottery, because that’s what really matters but the season may be pushed out a week:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
The dominant covid variant is now a common cold, 30x more communicative than the old version.
We're all going to catch it and we're all going to be fine.
There's no controlling it with injections.
The NHL needs to let everybody play on as normal and let the fans watch as normal.

Yup, I hope you are right. I’ll wait until the hospitals are not overwhelmed, though, to verify that thesis. :)

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hopefully this doesn’t push out the draft lottery, because that’s what really matters but the season may be pushed out a week:

Dreger the all time champ of caveats obscured by innuendos and generalizations.

Where does one sign up for that kind of gig?

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad