Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Wasn’t Pickard’s Last Story

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I thought the saviour in this one was going to be Hyman. Nice to see Kane come through tonight. That line looked dangerous and will do well for us come playoff time.

And the next winning streak has begun...

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
I kind of hope Draisaitl and Perry play together for a little while longer. I like that Draisaitl recognizes the master of sneaky greasy / game within the game that Perry is too - hopefully some of that rubs of on Draisaitl.

I'm one of Draisaitl's biggest fans, always have been and probably always will be, and I tend to get frustrated with a lot of the criticism he gets at times because frankly it's often kind of bullshit. That being said - I do think at times Draisaitl is weak at that aspect of the game and it shows. He's got the competitive fire to be good to great at it, but he's just a little off and if Perry can flip that just a little bit... Hot damn look out.
Drai is decent at spearing nutsacks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Odd take. The 2nd line was the only line going for most of the game. I thought it worked well and Kane obviously did too. Perry makes so many sneaky quick puck movements he's an extra dimension of danger. While I feel the line has potential to get too fancy with one touches they were all over it tonight and should stay together.

Kane feeling if tor the first time in months and is it just me or is it because he's suddenly playing with Names again. I don't know, the guy turns it off, and turns it on. But where has this game been from Kane since December?

Strome with a solid game for the Ducks and obviously hot happy with Oilers dealing him for Ryan nothing Spooner. Guy was on a mission.

Overall Oilers were not good positionally in this game and giving up far too much. Take the W but from a coaching pov this one was garbage.
I thought everyone was aware at this point, but all reports about Kane have indicated he's been playing injured for some time. He seems like he's getting better.;)

Kulak finished with a 100% HDCF%, 94% xGF%? 81.25 SCF%, 82.35 SF% and 83.3% CF%.

Hes clearly the best defenceman to ever play the game.
No, that would be Mike Matheson of the Habs.;):laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What if that pylon was named Tobias Reider?
Is this a trick question? ;)
I thought everyone was aware at this point, but all reports about Kane have indicated he's been playing injured for some time. He seems like he's getting better.;)

No, that would be Mike Matheson of the Habs.;):laugh:
I think seeing Drai AND PERRY as linemates immediately improved the patients condition and prognosis. heh

A miracle cure. He was flying around at top speed blowing by D. For the first time in 2024 and oddly occurring on almost every shift.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don’t know what you mean.
I think he means what everyone else but you think. That we don't have to move Kane for a young inexperienced "cheaper" player just yet.

I think seeing Drai AND PERRY as linemates immediately improved the patients condition and prognosis. heh

A miracle cure. He was flying around at top speed blowing by D. For the first time in 2024 and oddly occurring on almost every shift.
Miracle cure, right. lol. Just as Drai has one seemingly every year after a prolonged "injury.";)

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Regardless the win, which was great ofc, we saw some good f***ing goaltending from both sides. Pickard was a beast.

Personally, I'd leave the top 6 for now as it is:

RNH - McD - Hyman
KD Perry

Not so sure what comes after the top 6, but another impact winger is needed.

Much less happy with the D pairings but I think you gotta give them some time to adjust. Ultimately the team needs another top 4 dman.
we got plenty of options and they all could look good.

McD seems to like Kane on his line and had a dangerous shift with Holloway as well. Nuge could move around anywhere.
Drai-Perry needs more looks.

Kane-McD-Hyman
McLeod-Drai-Perry
Foegele-Nuge-Holloway

I would try the above but really any combo of this top 9 is fine.

Kane probably realized how slow his linemates are and has to play the speedster role. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think he means what everyone else but you think. That we don't have to move Kane for a young inexperienced "cheaper" player just yet.

Miracle cure, right. lol. Just as Drai has one seemingly every year after a prolonged "slump.";)
I just hope all of these guys have some juice left to bring their top game when it counts.

Kane probably realized how slow his linemates are and has to play the speedster role. ;)
I dubbed it the 100yr old line. haha

Due to my own age I got more laughs from that than I expected.

But hey, I can relate to this line.

Reactions: brentashton

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I just hope all of these guys have some juice left to bring their top game when it counts.

I dubbed it the 100yr old line. haha

Due to my own age I got more laughs from that than I expected.

But hey, I can relate to this line.
Love this line minus maybe foot speed.
There is a lot of pride and self confidence in these 3 and each has size , skill and play with an edge.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Love this line minus maybe foot speed.
There is a lot of pride and self confidence in these 3 and each has size , skill and play with an edge.
There seemed like a moment in 2nd period where Drai wakes up and says to himself, hey, I got skill here on the line, we could be making some plays.

Drai discovered Fire, Perry added some fuel, and Kane ignited.

I like the sound of that.;)

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Think we need to go back to old lines though.

I’d put McLeod back on line 2 and Holloway at center.

Needed this one because tomorrow is gonna be a grind.

I sure thought that 3rd line would just fly as they seemed to in limited minutes. Production would still be suspect but I sure didn't expect them to be the worst line on the night. Shat the bed.

Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Ceci finds success on the 3rd pairing, and VD finds success on the 2nd pairing, that leaves more cap space to go after a (good) top 6 RW. No need to find another D if it works.
We would/should still need to add a RD as insurance #6/7.
also , playing VD in top 4 is going to make him very hard to sign past this season.

Holland should extend him ASAP especially if we plan on giving him more top 4 mins

I sure thought that 3rd line would just fly as they seemed to in limited minutes. Production would still be suspect but I sure didn't expect them to be the worst line on the night. Shat the bed.
Yeh ,I had same hope. They were off from the get go and never looked dangerous.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Miracle cure, right. lol. Just as Drai has one seemingly every year after a prolonged "injury.";)

Lol- so you grouped everyone’s opinion with one sweeping brush to align with yours? I also love how you just made up some stuff I said. Please tell me when and where I said “young” and “inexperienced”. I’ll wait. I know you struggle with comprehension- so let me say it again- I would trade Kane to free up cap space to plug holes elsewhere. He is an older player with many miles on his body and is starting to break down. No- a hat trick against Anaheim does not change my opinion. Right now, the team needs a top 4RB, top 6 W, bottom 6 centre. You also have Draisaitl coming up next year- when it will be a lot harder to move Kane. I’m sorry if that bothers you

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lol- so you grouped everyone’s opinion with one sweeping brush to align with yours? I also love how you just made up some stuff I said. Please tell me when and where I said “young” and “inexperienced”. I’ll wait. I know you struggle with comprehension- so let me say it again- I would trade Kane to free up cap space to plug holes elsewhere. He is an older player with many miles on his body and is starting to break down. No- a hat trick against Anaheim does not change my opinion. Right now, the team needs a top 4RB, top 6 W, bottom 6 centre. You also have Draisaitl coming up next year- when it will be a lot harder to move Kane. I’m sorry if that bothers you
I agree with you.. but this fossil has a NMC so we are stuck.
We should also move Hyman who is only 10months younger than Kane and just as likely to break down due to his balls to walls style while we still can.
Ekholm is older than Kane so should get something for him as well while his value is relatively high.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I kind of hope Draisaitl and Perry play together for a little while longer. I like that Draisaitl recognizes the master of sneaky greasy / game within the game that Perry is too - hopefully some of that rubs of on Draisaitl.

I'm one of Draisaitl's biggest fans, always have been and probably always will be, and I tend to get frustrated with a lot of the criticism he gets at times because frankly it's often kind of bullshit. That being said - I do think at times Draisaitl is weak at that aspect of the game and it shows. He's got the competitive fire to be good to great at it, but he's just a little off and if Perry can flip that just a little bit... Hot damn look out.
Like anybody I think Drai gets dissuaded from uber efforts when most of them sizzle out to nothing. To me I attribute some of this EV lethargy to years of playing with dolts like Yama who screw up any play you make. Drai seemed to get more engaged in the offensive forays last night as he knew they could be productive. With a lot of the linemates Drai historically gets here this isn't really too plausible. But it is now because he's playing with skilled linemates. We finally have commensurate skill on 2nd line.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Read the posts. And it wasn't even me who brought up your name. As mentioned, trading Kane creates a hole where he was. All your doing is moving around holes. He brings a unique element that is needed going forward. Really tough to find guys with that blend of scoring touch, physicality, size, skating ability and experience. There will be a time and place to move him (as there is for nearly all players), but that time is not now, not when we are so close to getting the ultimate prize.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
There seemed like a moment in 2nd period where Drai wakes up and says to himself, hey, I got skill here on the line, we could be making some plays.

Drai discovered Fire, Perry added some fuel, and Kane ignited.

I like the sound of that.;)
Smart players tend to have longer careers. They lose their speed but extend their lifespan by not worrying to get from A to B and instead, let the puck do the work for them. Which is why Gags has become such an effective player long after his best years are behind him, and same with Perry. Kane has always been a shooter his whole career, and the less he handles the puck the better, so putting him with a couple smart puck handlers and passers can certainly help, at least short term. The guys that just rely on straight ahead speed for success usually run out of runway once the legs go, but the brain remains the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad