Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Wasn’t Pickard’s Last Story

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Perry is much better with the puck than I expected him to be. When he played with McLeod/Holloway, there were times they weren’t ready for his subtle plays.

I just expected him to agitate and stand in front of the net, but he has more skill than I expected.
He's 10th among active NHLers in goals and that's without being known for an exceptional shot or speed. He's a smart player, and that ages well.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
McLeod was fire with Drai though.
Only for a few games then he went back to being a perimeter player.
You can do it for short times. More as Mcleod gets a bit more experience. I did like the speed boost of McLeod on the line. But its nice to have options, and know and experiment with what they are.

Agreed. Plus it only worked well for a few games and then McLeod went right back to being a perimeter player thinking pass 1st all the time.

The Kane/Perry mix looks like it could be a real thing going forward.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can we put Gagner in for Brown next game? I'm sure our PK would be ok without Brown.

Foegele has had a rough two games also since the break.
Yep. Enough of Brown. Corey Perry is yet one more player on our roster that makes me want to forget that Connor Brown ever happened.

59 games in a row now without a goal. For a guy that played a lot in topsix. What a joke. A pylon would have goals.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Days since Connor Brown scored: 492
Really? That is your first thought after an entertaining win?

Some Oiler fans are the f***ing worst

Maybe now is the right time to get rid of Kane's contract and save us the future headache with this Lucic 2.0 with a non Edmontonian lifestyle.
Get f***ed

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Kane-Drai-Perry looked great together.

Didn’t like the D pairings. At least Ekholm-Bouchard got put back together.

It’d be nice to find Nurse a top 4 RHD partner of Ekholm’s ilk in a trade near the deadline

Reactions: Duke74 and 5 14 6 1

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Besides the win... the other biggest highlight of the night for me was finding out that Celine Dion wanted to meet Vinny Desharnais :laugh:

20240209_235919.jpg

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I kind of hope Draisaitl and Perry play together for a little while longer. I like that Draisaitl recognizes the master of sneaky greasy / game within the game that Perry is too - hopefully some of that rubs of on Draisaitl.

I'm one of Draisaitl's biggest fans, always have been and probably always will be, and I tend to get frustrated with a lot of the criticism he gets at times because frankly it's often kind of bullshit. That being said - I do think at times Draisaitl is weak at that aspect of the game and it shows. He's got the competitive fire to be good to great at it, but he's just a little off and if Perry can flip that just a little bit... Hot damn look out.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Kane-Drai-Perry looked great together.

Didn’t like the D pairings. At least Ekholm-Bouchard got put back together.

It’d be nice to find Nurse a top 4 RHD partner of Ekholm’s ilk in a trade near the deadline
Hopefully knob was watching the game and realizes Vinny Nurse is an absolute dogshit pairing

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Great interview with Draisaitl as often is the case. Notable is his confidence in his game and ability/willingness to play with anyone. What one would expect from an elite athlete and top apex player in the world. Killed in the face-off with 64% wins with two beefy line mates adept at pulling out pucks and puck protection. Big PP goal as the finishing winger on a way more active, urgent group effort.

I'm not sure Draisaitl, Kane and Perry will be a long-term thing. But power game and an aggressive volume shooter were big in a sloppy game.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
this isn't even close to accurate.

that's october 6, 2022. no teams played that day, the season hadn't even started yet.

connor brown hasnt scored since the 21-22 season, its almost 700 days.
That's tough, maybe we should pressure the media guys to ask him about it everytime they have questions for him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Perry is much better with the puck than I expected him to be. When he played with McLeod/Holloway, there were times they weren’t ready for his subtle plays.

I just expected him to agitate and stand in front of the net, but he has more skill than I expected.

I think Perry still has his hands. Just not legs lol. Granted he was never always the most fleet footed even during his Knights days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad