Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Wasn’t Pickard’s Last Story

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Yep. Enough of Brown. Corey Perry is yet one more player on our roster that makes me want to forget that Connor Brown ever happened.

59 games in a row now without a goal. For a guy that played a lot in topsix. What a joke. A pylon would
Clearly what is needed is a fire hydrant. A fire hydrant would have 46 goals.

Old school👍

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Like anybody I think Drai gets dissuaded from uber efforts when most of them sizzle out to nothing. To me I attribute some of this EV lethargy to years of playing with dolts like Yama who screw up any play you make. Drai seemed to get more engaged in the offensive forays last night as he knew they could be productive. With a lot of the linemates Drai historically gets here this isn't really too plausible. But it is now because he's playing with skilled linemates. We finally have commensurate skill on 2nd line.
Draisaitl is a warrior and burns with the innate desire to win. He hasn't shown any tendency to short the team or himself on effort, most certainly not over being asked to drive line 2 with at times changing line mates (a recurring reality as this team has worked over years to build up its quality depth). One of his most common line mates has been McDavid in which Draisaitl was/is freed to skate and finish as a winger. He thrived with this top line role with less positional responsibilities but a top heavy deployment wasn't going to lift the team to win in Cup playoff runs where team balance and depth is necessary.

To win, this team and he knows, Draisaitl must step up into a power centre role to best leverage this team's elite talent. To excuse make for the player undermines the incredible focus and will to win which is at the heart of his character and strength as a player. His sense of team first and respect for his teammate brothers comes across clearly in all his interviews. Doing the hard miles as a Line 2 C is a tough gig. Like players before him, it requires some sacrifice of personal numbers and individual success and glory. But the role is vital if one hopes to win the last game of one's season.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I agree with you.. but this fossil has a NMC so we are stuck.
We should also move Hyman who is only 10months younger than Kane and just as likely to break down due to his balls to walls style while we still can.
Ekholm is older than Kane so should get something for him as well while his value is relatively high.
Yeah- because they are all same player. SMH. Your right- get rid of Ekholm because he is a forward who doesn’t play special teams and defense isn’t an are of need. He’s rid of Hyman too despite him being a late bloomer and showing no signs of breaking down. That’s exactly what I said. You nailed it perfectly and you are so smart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad