Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Must Come To An End

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Hey man...we are both frusterated. So is everyone else.
Posters (fans) are wrong all the time primarily because we get emotional.

I'll just say that the goalie coach is way down the list of potential problems with this team.
The issues were on full display last night....poor defensive reads...poor effort....a complete and total lack of resiliency...very poorly designed roster (built form the front to the back).....poor goaltending is in the mix too. The roster (including the goalies) isnt good enough.
No amount of coaching is going to make Skiner and Campbell playoff quality goalies.

I'll just say this...if you think that the goalie coach is at the top of the list then we shall just have to agree to disagree.
did you not read the first post you replied to me to???

on-ice is an issue but if we don't fix whats rotten in the management, the cycle will repeat again. Its already happened when we hired Holland after Chiarelli and it will happen again. It doesn't take a genius to know that

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Sadly, it's also exposing Draisaitl a bit. Great player obviously but without McDavid driving the engine, he's struggling. It just shows that a player like MacKinnon is a cut above.
Which is strange because any time McDavid has missed time, Draisaitl has stepped up. I'm not sure what's different this time. Maybe resignation on his part? Maybe a hidden injury? Maybe he's peaked and his best days are behind him at 28? Who knows.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
did you not read the first post you replied to me to???

on-ice is an issue but if we don't fix whats rotten in the management, the cycle will repeat again. Its already happened when we hired Holland after Chiarelli and it will happen again. It doesn't take a genius to know that
I agree that these things need to be fixed.
I have been holding Hollands feet to the fire long before this season.
He has screwed this team IMO. The fault lies with him.
That said...they are not going to disgrace him. Its just not going to happen. He will retire...likley at the end of the season. At least officially.
I could see Jackson running the team in the background with Holland as the figurehead just so he (and the team) can maintain a sense of dignity.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
So your contention is that the goalie coach has wrecked every single goalie and these goalies (who had their games wrecked) never said a word about it.
Doesnt make sense to me at all.
Wasn't the year Mike Smith had best save % when he dropped Schwartz and used a private coach?

At some point when every goalie fails you need to hire someone new.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Wow send down one AHL goalie for another AHL goalie. What a plan, what a plan.
Pointless once edm’s goaltending coach gets ahold of him. Lol. That said goaltending is def killing this team. last night was a perfect example. Even averaging goaltending might be enough to string together some wins and maybe gain some confidence back wouldn’t hold my breath though. The team will just find other ways to lose I’m sure. Lol

Reactions: Duke74

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

This is a good move and not necesasarily because Pickard is the long term answer. He could actually play excllent on adrenaline for a few games though which would be very helpful.

It is a move that will get the entire teams attention. The only thing that Campbell brings to this team are cap issues so having him ( a player who has largely failed this team since he arrived) take the fall and shake up the team at least makes the team accountable.
I am fine with this.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawk

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Pointless once edm’s goaltending coach gets ahold of him. Lol. That said goaltending is def killing this team. last night was a perfect example. Even averaging goaltending might be enough to string together some wins and maybe gain some confidence back wouldn’t hold my breath though. The team will just find other ways to lose I’m sure. Lol
I got excited for a second and though maybe a massive trade was happening for an actual NHL goalie. Should have known the actual plan was to swap pennies for pennies. Pickard wont be much better if any better. But heres hoping I guess lol. What a disaster. Trade Draisaitl. Enter a re-tool phase and hope Mcdavid resigns and we can contend in 5 years.

Reactions: Kerberos

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Wasn't the year Mike Smith had best save % when he dropped Schwartz and used a private coach?

At some point when every goalie fails you need to hire someone new.
I dont think that Smith ever dropped Schwartz. I heard that he just brought his guy with him.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I don’t understand how a team with two of the, say, 10 top players in the league and one that has done well in playoffs the last two seasons can be so bad. If they lose this next game, look out.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don’t understand how a team with two of the, say, 10 top players in the league and one that has done well in playoffs the last two seasons can be so bad. If they lose this next game, look out.
Neither Draisaitl or McDavid look even close to top 10 players right now.
Arguably McDavid isn't even a top 10 player on our team.
Here is McDavids fancy stats righ tnow
2.89 xGF/60 (17th on the f***ing team)
2.77 xGA/60 (15th on the team)
51 xGF% (20th on the team...only Erne and Hamblin are worse)

Now for everyone who hates expected numbers...
2.1 GF/60 (12th on the team)
3.36 GA/60 (15th on the team)
38.46 GF% (9th on the team)

So even if the goaltending was playing better, McDavid has been putrid this year. Not driving offense (11.35 HDCF/60 NINETEENTH ON THE TEAM).

Goaltending is an issue, defense is an issue...
McDavid playing like a third liner is a major one too.

Reactions: K1984

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Neither Draisaitl or McDavid look even close to top 10 players right now.
Arguably McDavid isn't even a top 10 player on our team.
Here is McDavids fancy stats righ tnow
2.89 xGF/60 (17th on the f***ing team)
2.77 xGA/60 (15th on the team)
51 xGF% (20th on the team...only Erne and Hamblin are worse)

Now for everyone who hates expected numbers...
2.1 GF/60 (12th on the team)
3.36 GA/60 (15th on the team)
38.46 GF% (9th on the team)

So even if the goaltending was playing better, McDavid has been putrid this year. Not driving offense (11.35 HDCF/60 NINETEENTH ON THE TEAM).

Goaltending is an issue, defense is an issue...
McDavid playing like a third liner is a major one too.
Not now, certainly. Surely you’re not dropping McDavid like a stone because of a bad stint? Most people here think he’s the best player in the world. If he is the best player in the world, 10-11 games shouldn’t change that. He’ll come back.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not now, certainly. Surely you’re not dropping McDavid like a stone because of a bad stint? Most people here think he’s the best player in the world. If he is the best player in the world, 10-11 games shouldn’t change that. He’ll come back.

I'm also certain he'll come back, but unless the injury is truly the cause of what we're seeing from him at the moment, his play can't be called anything other than extremely disappointing and part of why we're in the situation we're in now. He's even neutering the PP with terrible puck management to the extent that the second unit has looked better than the first over a few games now.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I personally hope he gets lit the f*** up lol
I kinda don't want that but I also don't want the pity win where his now 20+ game stretch without a single good performance get swept under the rug of indifference.

At best he is a meh goalie but he haven't been any good in a long while.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Canucks look really good…
And to think, there was a clown that came on here at the beginning of the season, and said Hughes doesn't "look like captain material." Whatever the hell that means. It's now come to the point where we are the underdogs whenever we play the Canucks and anything other than a blowout for them can be considered and upset.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Skinner got exposed quite badly in the playoffs. A lot of folks were saying it was due to him being worn out, but with the amount of times he got pulled, he probably should have been somewhat fresh.:D I had a chat with a guy that's a scout with Medicine Hat and the topic turned to Skinner. He said he had some severe faults in junior like poor lateral movement and ability to track the puck. Those same traits are seeming to be an issue with him even now.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So your contention is that the goalie coach has wrecked every single goalie and these goalies (who had their games wrecked) never said a word about it.
Doesnt make sense to me at all.

Pro athletes usually don’t throw their coaches under the bus. Even if they should be. I don’t think no one speaking up about Schwartz means much at all.

Bring on the Goalie Carousal! It’s what we should have been doing all last year too, instead of making the idiotic move of signing Campbell.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
I don't know about you all but I am praying we lose to San Jose. I want it to happen more than go

I don't know about you all but I am praying we lose to San Jose. I want it to happen more than anything
Stupid post of the year here. No! any fan with a brain doesn't hope they lose to san jose . And you want it so bad you pray for it lol. Get some help lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad