Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Must Come To An End

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I wish I could remember what goalie it was, but I remember it being posted once upon a time...I want to say Talbot but it may have been Brossoit. Hell, it might have been Smith. One of them was interviewed about having a good year and they said the goalie coach he worked with helped him to fix some fundamental flaws in his positioning, namely standing up more and not going down so early and his glove hand.

The trademark flaws of a Dustin Schwartz graduate.

Wasn't that Ben Scrivens? Ranford fixed him while he played for LA and then Schwartz broke him.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Wasn't that Ben Scrivens? Ranford fixed him while he played for LA and then Schwartz broke him.

Scrivens was good in his first year here, then did the Oiler goalie year 2 collapse. He wasn't a Schwartz disciple though.

Almost all of our goalies crater in the second year or decline during their first year since Schwartz has been here.

Talbot - the one guy that made it to year 3 before imploding

Brossoit - year 2 blow up

Koskinen - took about 3 months before his decline that accelerated in year 2

Skinner - year 2

The only guy to get better in his time here was Mike Smith, who one could only presume is more likely than others to take it upon himself to figure his game out, and the only guy to instantly blow up is Campbell.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Scrivens was good in his first year here, then did the Oiler goalie year 2 collapse. He wasn't a Schwartz disciple though.

Almost all of our goalies crater in the second year or decline during their first year since Schwartz has been here.

Talbot - the one guy that made it to year 3 before imploding

Brossoit - year 2 blow up

Koskinen - took about 3 months before his decline that accelerated in year 2

Skinner - year 2

The only guy to get better in his time here was Mike Smith, who one could only presume is more likely than others to take it upon himself to figure his game out, and the only guy to instantly blow up is Campbell.

Schwartz was hired Nov 2014. Scrivens was already an Oiler until Dec 2015.
Scrivens was the goalie that had his glove corrected by Ranford and then seemingly f***ed up again when he became an Oiler

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Schwartz was hired Nov 2014. Scrivens was already an Oiler until Dec 2015.
Scrivens was the goalie that had his glove corrected by Ranford and then seemingly f***ed up again when he became an Oiler

Schwartz shows on DB joining the Oilers in 2015.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
I’ll give you that McDavid is#1 but Draisaitl is somewhere in the top 10. Unless you think the game is all about offence.
Hey what planet do you live on? . The first 12 games of season doesn't erase what draisaitl has done for years including being a great playoff performer. You'll give me thar mcdavid is #1 ? Lol. Don't have to give me anything. Mcdavid has been #1 for years and it isn't close. The bad start to one year by both of them doesn't erase the facts and resume. Neither look right in the first 12 games. In fact whole team has been shit along with the coach who isn't a problem solver or a professional coach. He belongs coaching minor leagues. He has no plan or guts to make millionaire players be held accountable. Get that goof out of here

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Since the days of Roloson, the Oilers have had ONE goalie play well for multiple seasons, the rest would play well for a flash in the pan, then regress, or give us one good season and then get caved the rest of their time here.

The one goalie who gave us multiple good seasons was Mike Smith, and he had to go outside of the organization for a personal coach.

The guy who extended Smith's career should be our goalie coach.

Reactions: frag2

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Hey what planet do you live on? . The first 12 games of season doesn't erase what draisaitl has done for years including being a great playoff performer. You'll give me thar mcdavid is #1 ? Lol. Don't have to give me anything. Mcdavid has been #1 for years and it isn't close. The bad start to one year by both of them doesn't erase the facts and resume. Neither look right in the first 12 games. In fact whole team has been shit along with the coach who isn't a problem solver or a professional coach. He belongs coaching minor leagues. He has no plan or guts to make millionaire players be held accountable. Get that goof out of here
You’re arguing that McDavid is the nest. I agree; move along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad