Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Immediate term? Of course we aren't. But if you actually give him the rest and rehab time he clearly needs we would get the player that we need back more quickly. Maybe still in time to make a difference. Instead we're rushing back the franchise player before he's ready and putting him in a position to fail when he isn't really even a positive contributor anyway.

A lot of similar stuff going on with Ekholm for similar reasons though he's been less atrocious the last few games.
If you were to only dress players that were positive contributors you might be able to ice a line, possibly a D man but no goalie.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
How does a team manage to draft the two best players in the world and f*ck that up?
First-time-james-franco-hanging-meme.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sending down campbell only frees up 1.75 mil in cap space

That's kind of interesting, not really right now but in the long term, couldn't they just send Campbell down at a later point, replace him with a 750k goalie and then use that 1 million in space to pay even more of Brown's bonus off?

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I remember last year LA sending down their newly signed 5 mill goalie Cal Peterson after he struggled to start the season… What’s stoping Kenny from a Campbell for Rodrigue swap?? Pride ?? Stupidly??

Jack might have his confidence and feelings hurt. Not sure why that matters because it probably isn't possible for him to be much worse than he already is despite the status of his feelings, but this is the only possible reason I could think of.

Sending down campbell only frees up 1.75 mil in cap space

Enough to call up a goalie and add $1M in cap room.

No brainer.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
The Oilers forcing McDavid out there when he's very clearly not healthy enough to play is as embarrassing as it is stupid.

Should still be looking to move our 1st for immediate help preferably sooner than later. Season is close to over either way but the team will start winning more when it gets healthier and drafting an 18 year old at 12th overall isn't doing anything for the franchise right now.
I doubt the Oilers are forcing him. More likely the other way around.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
And news on General Scwartzkov?
Seems awfully quiet.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
No, we f***ing don't. I didn't know that spending time and money for a team I support stands equal to being punished for it.

On one hand I totally understand everybody's frustration. It's just unacceptable to have such an on-ice product after so many years. Top to bottom failures from all sides. On the other hand it's still "our" team and nobody likes quitters. We won't win the cup this season but I'm hoping for a solid effort down the road. Playoffs should be possible even with this team and goaltending.

I will continue to support Drai and McDavid as players on their new teams, but this circus I'm in at the moment will always be my favourite clown show <3

You're drowning in negativity. Clearly that's not healthy.
It does. They are selling you failure and fans are purchasing it in masses

tell that to our lazy management who hasn't fixed a single problem since 2015. Not depth, not goaltending, not defense.

you choose to make it a circus . Not every organization is like this, there are teams who have started re-builds after us, completed it, and are now contenders while we are still arguing over futile shit

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I remember last year LA sending down their newly signed 5 mill goalie Cal Peterson after he struggled to start the season… What’s stoping Kenny from a Campbell for Rodrigue swap?? Pride ?? Stupidly??
Cause he’s been better then Skinner and that’s bad.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Cause he’s been better then Skinner and that’s bad.
man how are we still arguing about this bullshit, Both are bad, one is paid like a starter and playing at .860%, one is supposed to be a backup who carried our team last season (way above his means) and is now regressed to a .860%

Why are we blaming Skinner for Campbell's inability to do the job he was paid for, if one has to go its Campbell

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Beyond the obvious complaints about this org I have long wondered if our conditioning and medical staff isn't up to snuff with the rest of the league. Our team consistently looks lethargic compared to other teams.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad