Post-Game Talk: All Good Things…

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well Hill was better then our guy.

What a game by the Oilers, they played hard the whole game. Lets go start another streak and blow it out of the water here.
Sure, results wise because he didn't let in a somewhat soft goal. But its still crazy to me that people ignore how badly we bailed him out tonight with missed chances that he had nothing to do with.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
IMG_4493.jpeg

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Oilers score 1 goal on 3.3 expected and Knights score 2 on 2.6 expected. We got goalied...through and through. Skinner played plenty well enough for us to win.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Only player I really disliked tonight was Draisaitl. He had an offensively bad game.

Ceci just looked like Ceci, just more evidence we need to upgrade on him.

We need a scorer in the top 6 to play with Draisaitl and McLeod needs to play with Drai as well. Drai plays best with a high speed guy who can create space and let Draisaitl find him or find openings. Kane just doesn’t work there.
I think we need to bump Foegele to play with Holloway and McLeod. Get another winger for L2 or give Lavoie a shot in that spot.

Reactions: Ibanez

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Only player I really disliked tonight was Draisaitl. He had an offensively bad game.

Ceci just looked like Ceci, just more evidence we need to upgrade on him.

We need a scorer in the top 6 to play with Draisaitl and McLeod needs to play with Drai as well. Drai plays best with a high speed guy who can create space and let Draisaitl find him or find openings. Kane just doesn’t work there.
Vinny generates more offense than Ceci. That’s the scary part. I don’t expect ceci to be Bouchard. But I expect a top 4 d to make basic offensive plays to keep pressure.

His contract is good overall. Hard to argue that, but he’s the most vanilla d man I’ve seen in a long time. I much prefer him as a 5-6 d.

Not sure we can upgrade at the deadline though

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
The loss doesn't bother me one bit, they were due for one and played well enough for the most part to win but my concern is that Bouchard has been absolute buttcheeks for a while now. He needs to get his head out of his collective rear. Draisaitl not much better either.
Bouchard was horrible tonight so slow making puck decisions

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Should show Holland we need to add a couple of pieces for the playoffs. Hopefully a forward and defenseman with size. Oil played well tonight though. We need a couple of big bodies to go deep and beat these fkrs in the playoffs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Vinny generates more offense than Ceci. That’s the scary part. I don’t expect ceci to be Bouchard. But I expect a top 4 d to make basic offensive plays to keep pressure.

His contract is good overall. Hard to argue that, but he’s the most vanilla d man I’ve seen in a long time. I much prefer him as a 5-6 d.

Not sure we can upgrade at the deadline though
We can’t afford to play both Ceci and Kulak in this roster and I like Kulak more.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Vegas celebrated like they won the cup. Hopefully the team actually uses that shit, because that has to hurt.

McDavid looked pissed, he knows their game doesn’t work against Vegas.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Didn't work out that way during the playoffs.
That’s the thing about odds. They aren’t perfect.

My point was it’s hard to find a lot of fault in tonight’s game. We got goalied and the knights d was strong.

If oilers can’t learn to finish and elevate their play, not sure what else to say. The oilers are going to have to learn to beat good teams

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
On the whole we played a decent game with a decent effort. Probably slightly deserved to win overall. The disheartening thing is we lost this game in the margins, this time a lazy start to the third combined with airhead lack of focus defending by Ceci. That’s all it takes to lose games (and series) like this.

I think we need more from a few guys to take the next step, and this isn’t just from tonight.

Draisaitl has to start managing the puck properly, play more aggressively to the net, and stop the damn turnovers. Tonight was not good enough, period.

RNH needs to get some pace back in his game and start shooting the puck again. He’s playing slow with and without the puck.

Bouchard also needs to up the urgency, except now the problem is the o zone. He’s dusting pucks off, haphazardly trying to dangle at the o zone blue line, and frankly just shooting himself in the foot.

Kane is starting to possibly show signs of life, but still not good enough. He’s a horrendous mix with Draisaitl due to their combined total aloofness managing the puck, but he’s got to start doing something.

I’m not sure if McDavid was pissed at Leon with the fall/turnover or RNH with the panic pass to the Golden Knights, but he wasn’t happy with someone. Offensive execution in general was awful, and has been a theme lately especially with the players mentioned above.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Drai being slow and disinterested at times if he converts on his chances in his kill zone doesn’t bug me much. But Drai not finishing and being slow and dumb, that bugs me a lot.

Otherwise it was a good game by most. Vegas just converted on their couple chances. We didn’t convert on jack s**t.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Game like this really shows you who the pathetic piece of shit no faith fans are.

Should just gtfo, we don’t need that kind of p***y energy.
yup, angry instead of happy for the streak happening, I really think some people expect the team to go 82-0 or else they deem it unacceptable.

Reactions: TB12

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I feel Draisaitl has taken quite a step back this year. No finish and back to coasting and making force passes and plays dying on his stick often. f***ing frustrating player sometimes
It is frustrating, because he was the one saying we hurt ourselves last playoffs, then promptly turns the puck over all game.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I feel Draisaitl has taken quite a step back this year. No finish and back to coasting and making force passes and plays dying on his stick often. f***ing frustrating player sometimes

I'd like to see you play hockey after getting a flying two handed chop to the wrist TBH.

• Love
Reactions: Duke74

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I don’t think we can afford the upgrades we need to guarantee a cup. But we can give ourselves a solid chance. Hope some of these guys can figure out how to score a goal once in 100 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad