All Goalie Talk

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Bishop's giving us no reason to think we'll part with him at the end of his contract. I think we'd move other pieces in order to keep him, if we have to. When you find a guy like this, especially after a decade of searching for a dependable goalie.

If not for Bishop, we're out of the playoff picture right now. And this is two out of three seasons that he's been unquestionably elite (when healthy), not to mention how key he was in our SCF run. I don't see any reason to rush Vasy into the starter's role.

Agreed. To get rid of a goalie like this because our next one "might" be better, would be a grave mistake. Bish is our guy. It sort of reminds me of the Thomas/Rask Bruins. Rask was always amazing... he was just stuck behind Tim ****ing Thomas.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
bishop has been fantastic at times lately seems to be getting even better

ive said this will repeat this we wont move bish until we have to meaning expansion if we have expansion its when something might happen that will be after his next contract

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
bishop has been fantastic at times lately seems to be getting even better

ive said this will repeat this we wont move bish until we have to meaning expansion if we have expansion its when something might happen that will be after his next contract

I disagree they could move bishop after next year or let him walk. If your paying stamkos 9.7 hedman 8.5 Callahan 5.8 then the triplets something has to go flipper and carle maybe bishop also. Plan has always been to have vasy take over as the goalie.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
I disagree they could move bishop after next year or let him walk. If your paying stamkos 9.7 hedman 8.5 Callahan 5.8 then the triplets something has to go flipper and carle maybe bishop also. Plan has always been to have vasy take over as the goalie.

Even without Bish, in what scenario do you think they can afford Stammer, Hedman, TKO, Cally and Flip, even if we dump Carle?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bish is a top priority after Hedman. We still don't know how Vasi will be.

My guess is the following is the priorities besides the current one in Stamkos.

Hedman
Bishop
Kucherov
Palat
Johnson

That is our core right there and I think we will try to move any other player before losing one of these guys.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
My top priorities 1. Hedman 2. Kucherov 3. Palat 4. Bishop 5. Stamkos 6. Johnson. Can that all be done under the cap of day 71-73 ?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My top priorities 1. Hedman 2. Kucherov 3. Palat 4. Bishop 5. Stamkos 6. Johnson. Can that all be done under the cap of day 71-73 ?

This is one of the few posts of yours I agree with. Johnson might move up if he comes back to form.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What's the consensus on Vasilevskiy around here? The kid was once labled as the best goaltending prospect in the world. Now at age 21 he's in his second season as a pro with the Lightning. He has had his fair share of bad games and his rebound control needs some work. His athleticism is insane though.

Is he performing on a level you had expected?
Are you disappointed that he's not further ahead in his development?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
What's the consensus on Vasilevskiy around here? The kid was once labled as the best goaltending prospect in the world. Now at age 21 he's in his second season as a pro with the Lightning. He has had his fair share of bad games and his rebound control needs some work. His athleticism is insane though.

Maybe I expected more since he was very good in KHL but can't say I'm disappointed. Young goalies always take their time and we're very fortunate to have a goalie like Bishop in the meanwhile as Vasy develops. Vasy definitely shows flashes of brilliance but the consistency isn't there yet. I believe it will come in time.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He's had his rough spots but that's to be expected. Since Cooper has been playing him more he has gotten stronger and stronger. Goalies need games to sharpen their skills. The more they play the sharper they are.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm slightly disappointed because he looked a lot better last season, but you have to remember he's coming off that weird injury before this season and not getting as many games. He's done well to battle and win as many games as he has regardless how pretty they are.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

hes what i expected lucky he got soo many wins in a row and unfortunately he is inconsistent but shows all signs of becoming a top guy in the league

goalies take serious time ask this question once he is 25 and will give a true view right now i expected him to be about what he is and i expect another year of this than him to start fighting for the top I think one more season till he seriously contends as a serious number one goalie

i wish we sent him back down as cooper eluded to in order to get more starts but it is what it is and he really shows that its not affecting him most of the time

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

I think he's right on his development. 21 years old and .910 with a winning record in the toughest league in the world? You cannot reasonably ask for more.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think he's right on his development. 21 years old and .910 with a winning record in the toughest league in the world? You cannot reasonably ask for more.

I might not have heard correctly last night but did they say he's won 8 of his last night starts? If that's true damn impressive. I want to keep both Bishop and Vasi for at least the next 2-3 years and then make a decision. Only worry is will Vasi feel like he should be starting. I see him possibly being better than Bish at some point but we have had goaltending struggles for years and now we have this situation. A "quality" problem. My ideal is we keep them both for at least two more seasons.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I might not have heard correctly last night but did they say he's won 8 of his last night starts? If that's true damn impressive. I want to keep both Bishop and Vasi for at least the next 2-3 years and then make a decision. Only worry is will Vasi feel like he should be starting. I see him possibly being better than Bish at some point but we have had goaltending struggles for years and now we have this situation. A "quality" problem. My ideal is we keep them both for at least two more seasons.

He's had some good goal support in some bad outings.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Here's the problem with our situation. Vasilevski has a good game and seems ready to get hot but he then sits for a week while Bishop plays. Vasilevski can't show how good he is playing once a week, give him 4 in a row and I'm sure he looks a heck of a lot better then he does in these spot starts. But with Bishop in top form we can't do that so it's a catch 22.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I don't know if there'll ever really be a decision. I mean, Vasy's still so young that I think it'll be a natural progression. When he's 24 or 25, he'll probably be taking over the reigns. But I doubt it'll ever be something we just hand to him. So yeah, it's a good problem to have, and not even really a problem. When Vasy's the better goalie, he gets the job. Could be four more years. Goalies peak late.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Very happy with him. His only problem is he's always been a #1 goalie so the downtime seems to make him really rusty

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Here's the problem with our situation. Vasilevski has a good game and seems ready to get hot but he then sits for a week while Bishop plays. Vasilevski can't show how good he is playing once a week, give him 4 in a row and I'm sure he looks a heck of a lot better then he does in these spot starts. But with Bishop in top form we can't do that so it's a catch 22.

Good post because it's entirely true. That's very tough for like 85% of goalies, but the other 15% do very well playing only rarely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad