ALL GOALIE TALK HERE: Bring Chainsaws...pitchforks optional, torches if you wanna see?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
WGSY4HT.gif

Try to keep the gore to a minimum....Think of the children....

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'm going to laugh when Fleury gets bought out and signs here, because this site will be pissed that Fleury is back and casual Penguins fans will be pissed that Fleury isn't going to be the starter

It'll be all fun and games until Murray/Jarry get roasted by mouth breathers such as Madden with every mistake - and pressure boils over with the coaching staff and locker room about it. Why not, right? Crying teenage girls are more important than post season success - so bring him back.

On to our current goalies - it's one position that's been fun to think about because we have 2 number 1's. I don't care which we go with quite frankly. Jarry feeds transition - but our transition game sucks until we change our roster...Murray has the potential to stalemate games and that's how the playoffs have tended to lean. Either way that's one position we're actually in decent shape on. Imagine the inverse....if we had to sign one of Murray/Holtby/MAF without knowing how they'd fit in and had to spend 5-6 years on one of them. Yikes.

Reactions: ncm7772

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It'll be all fun and games until Murray/Jarry get roasted by mouth breathers such as Madden with every mistake - and pressure boils over with the coaching staff and locker room about it. Why not, right? Crying teenage girls are more important than post season success - so bring him back.

On to our current goalies - it's one position that's been fun to think about because we have 2 number 1's. I don't care which we go with quite frankly. Jarry feeds transition - but our transition game sucks until we change our roster...Murray has the potential to stalemate games and that's how the playoffs have tended to lean. Either way that's one position we're actually in decent shape on. Imagine the inverse....if we had to sign one of Murray/Holtby/MAF without knowing how they'd fit in and had to spend 5-6 years on one of them. Yikes.

You're proving my point about people here being pissed that Fleury is coming back at all :laugh:

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
You're proving my point about people here being pissed that Fleury is coming back at all :laugh:

It's not that surprising of a take.

I'm a Penguins fan and want them to succeed. Things like bringing on a bad goalie with extreme baggage or signing a putrid defenseman are upsetting. This is where folks go to discuss those things - so the happiness of their life is unlikely to be represented in their posts [posts speculating on a specific situation].

Reactions: EightyOne

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My fav Pens goalies:

Wregget
Jarry
Conklin
Vokoun

Favorite Penguin goalies is a TOUGH one. I did not like Tommy B as a kid but that was probably media driven. It was just always around the locker rooms of hockey in Pittsburgh that he was mean. Moose was fun while it lasted but it was short lived.

Murray/Fleury are seriously probably my favorites because our goaltender history is not great. :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If he's gonna take a super sweetheart back-up deal, I don't see what the fuss is, but I'm sure it'll be insufferable nonetheless.

Either way, death to all netminders.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad