ALL GOALIE TALK HERE: Bring Chainsaws...pitchforks optional, torches if you wanna see?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I'm going to laugh when Fleury gets bought out and signs here, because this site will be pissed that Fleury is back and casual Penguins fans will be pissed that Fleury isn't going to be the starter
I was disappointed when Vegas was bumped out. For Fleury to make the HOF as a back up playoff keeper, they needed to do better...
Hopefully he comes back to Pittsburgh and leads (trails?) us to another Cup as Murray's, or Jarry's, back up. That would put him over the top and into the HOF.
We know they want him...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Also give a shout out for our first starter Les Binkley (okay I was a Montreal Fan back then so "our" is pushing it) . But I did have his hockey card...

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Favorite Penguin goalies is a TOUGH one. I did not like Tommy B as a kid but that was probably media driven. It was just always around the locker rooms of hockey in Pittsburgh that he was mean. Moose was fun while it lasted but it was short lived.

Murray/Fleury are seriously probably my favorites because our goaltender history is not great. :laugh:

My favorite Barrasso moment as a kid was going to a game and him giving up a couple of quick 5 hole goals and a loud fan next to me yelling at him “Hey Madonna close your legs...” and it being quiet in the arena and a few sections cracking up at it.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
How comfortable would you guys be in a Jarry/DeSmith duo next season?
Or would you prefer a vet back-up like Brian Elliot?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I honestly would question MAF's mental strength if he came back here

Dude was always trying to be upbeat here BUT

We KNOW he needed a sports psychiatrist once, and it actually helped...but he gave up going and got worse again

Anyway...asked by his longtime team to get sent to Vegas so he could be replaced by a kid, getting to the Finals and MAFing in a losing goal, then getting bought out/fired from that team...

Can he even BE a positive influence as a back-up, here????

All this would have to really screw your brain, eh?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My favorite Barrasso moment as a kid was going to a game and him giving up a couple of quick 5 hole goals and a loud fan next to me yelling at him “Hey Madonna close your legs...” and it being quiet in the arena and a few sections cracking up at it.

I have a very vivid memory of a drunk throwing a wallet on the ice at the old Civic and Barrasso skating over and throwing it back after taking the cash out. :laugh: Who knows if it was true or not, given that I was like, 9 or 10, but I want to believe it is.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
How comfortable would you guys be in a Jarry/DeSmith duo next season?
Or would you prefer a vet back-up like Brian Elliot?

I honestly would be fine with Jarry/DeSmith, especially because I think that having an elite netminding duo is, frankly, counterproductive. Too many egos, too much pressure, and too much confusion. I'd rather have a guy know he's the starter and have a reliable backup who's dirt cheap.

I don't think this platooning thing is working out nearly as well as we thought it would.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ron

Tugnutt!

8451837.jpg

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I did not like Tommy B as a kid but that was probably media driven. It was just always around the locker rooms of hockey in Pittsburgh that he was mean.

Really? I feel like there are a bunch of accounts of Barrasso being an ass wherever he was. People that caddied for him always said he was one of the worst to deal with.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'd say I respect JS Aubin the most

He was stuck here during the transition to shit and continue to suit up behind that crap

He also wasn't great...But he took those losses like a champ lol

Lol lol lol

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Really? I feel like there are a bunch of accounts of Barrasso being an ass wherever he was. People that caddied for him always said he was one of the worst to deal with.

Yeah, I think Tommy was an asshole, given the amount of independent sources confirming that. Moreover, people should just own it. :laugh: You can still root for assholes, it’s okay.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->