All-Encompassing World Juniors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It always happens.

Players are anointed as stars or busts based on the tournament of small sample size
I always find it weird when a player is doing nothing but put up points and people will still declare them busts because they aren't impressing them, enough.

North

Jun 25, 2009
And I am sorry for that. It's immature of me. Or maybe I just won't post anymore if this is what everyone thinks of me

I will say this, you have a habit of getting too heated when you disagree with someone and then at times do insult people.

I would suggest maybe just stepping back when you’re upset with a post and just think about whether it’s worth arguing about. If it is just make sure your response speaks to the content of the post without resorting to insults.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I always find it weird when a player is doing nothing but put up points and people will still declare them busts because they aren't impressing them, enough.

I would say this tournament doesn’t decide who is going to bust or not. JP was supposed to be a star based on his performance in this tournament. It’s not a predictor of anything.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would say this tournament doesn’t decide who is going to bust or not. JP was supposed to be a star based on his performance in this tournament. It’s not a predictor of anything.
I know. But people declaring people a bust while they are putting up a ton of points is just ridiculous

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I will say this, you have a habit of getting too heated when you disagree with someone and then at times do insult people.

I would suggest maybe just stepping back when you’re upset with a post and just think about whether it’s worth arguing about. If it is just make sure your response speaks to the content of the post without resorting to insults.
Thanks. Good advice

Reactions: North

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Making some arm chair analysts look kind of stupid tonight.

Yep it was one of the most dumb posts I had ever seen on HF - and I'm always down to debate and listen to fair analysis but that one was absurd.

I hope Byfield keeps it up vs harder teams.

Reactions: harpoon

North

Jun 25, 2009
I know. But people declaring people a bust while they are putting up a ton of points is just ridiculous

I’m not sure who’s doing that but I will say they may not be a star just because they are putting up points in the tournament. They may turn out to be a second liner. That doesn’t mean they are going to be a bust.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Holloway is showing signs of being a useful bottom six player.
I think he has a high floor and low ceiling. Like he should for sure be an NHLer but I don't think he has a high ceiling at all. Nothing wrong with that though, he will be a very useful NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad