All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

Sep 19, 2008
The US was supposed to be "too old" with women like Morgan, Rapinoe and others getting up in age. But the new generation looks just as good. Mewis are looking great as well as Lavelle. The USWNT continues to reload off a rich talent pool and dominate this sport. And I for one encourage this domination for decades to come.

(and no to be fair there was a period between the 98 US team and 2012 where the US did have a slumber, so it has not always been all US.)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Good first step with equal working conditions. Still work to be done on equal pay though with their court appeal about to be filed.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm reviewing yesterday's USA Canada game right now on DVR, from the SheBelieves Cup. Canada has been competitive so far but it is scoreless. Had a lot of good chances.

Anyway women's soccer is really rising these days. Lot of high profile investors have been putting money into many of the NWSL clubs. Naomi Osaka for one has begun investing in the NC Courage, the team in North Carolina. We already know about the actresses (Chastain, Portman, etc) investing in Angel City (LA's team) and recently the Washington Spirit announced new partners in the ownership team including Chelsea Clinton and Jenna Bush Hager among others. It's good to see women's soccer continue to improve in this country.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm reviewing yesterday's USA Canada game right now on DVR, from the SheBelieves Cup. Canada has been competitive so far but it is scoreless. Had a lot of good chances.
Despite it being Priestman's first game at the helm and missing Huitema and Sinclair, Canada played a solid game. I won't spoil anything, but from a Canada fan perspective, it was solid.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
76 minutes through the DVR recording and it's still scoreless. I will say that Canada has impressed me today so far. US has had a few chances to get on the board but Labbe has made some strong saves today.

Sep 19, 2008
USA scored late in the 79th minute to go ahead. Canada fought hard though.

Canada has a bright future.

Sep 19, 2008
Despite it being Priestman's first game at the helm and missing Huitema and Sinclair, Canada played a solid game. I won't spoil anything, but from a Canada fan perspective, it was solid.
Labbe looked pretty solid

US had a lot of good shots, just let one Lavelle goal in

Reactions: robertmac43

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Both teams deserved a penalty so its a wash. Canada looked solid without Sinclair and Huitema , US needs to preform better against Brazil this weekend.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Serena Williams and Naomi Osaka show NWSL’s future is now

Detailed read about the new ownerships going on in NWSL including Serena Williams, Naomi Osaka among others getting involved in ownership of women's soccer teams

More recently, Osaka joined the ranks of ownership of the two-time NWSL champion North Carolina Courage. Since the announcement of her stake in the team, Osaka has been all-in on making her presence known, wearing Courage gear in her tournament press conferences and even debuting the club’s new home jersey during one of her practice sessions.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
It was a bit better from the US, but Brazil was really strong in transition and the US was good enough defensively to keep the clean sheet.

Sep 19, 2008
I was on the workout bike watching Canada Argentina and Canada had a great goal about a minute into stoppage time to beat Argentina 1-0.

Canada has a good young squad there. Some players missing like Sinclair but the youth are filling in well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad