All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
I may be overly pessimistic due to the WC, but I think Canada is on their way out of the top 10.

If not this coming window against Jamaica, by the end of the Olympics.
I agree. Love Fleming, but she ain't no Sinclair. And the CSA is in shambles.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
find it odd she only started taking it serious once the media and everything got behind her.. but anyway it shouldn't of happened both the coach and the other guy seem like a holes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
find it odd she only started taking it serious once the media and everything got behind her.. but anyway it shouldn't of happened both the coach and the other guy seem like a holes.
1. This isn’t true, she said right afterwards that it wasn’t consensual. Also the previous complaints against the coach have been numerous

2. It’s hard enough to come out without support. The media support here is a good thing. So much of this is unreported because women just assume nothing is going to happen, and most of the time they are right. If the support backed her up, that is a good thing

3. Why do so many people on here hate women

Reactions: robertmac43

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
1. This isn’t true, she said right afterwards that it wasn’t consensual. Also the previous complaints against the coach have been numerous

2. It’s hard enough to come out without support. The media support here is a good thing. So much of this is unreported because women just assume nothing is going to happen, and most of the time they are right. If the support backed her up, that is a good thing

3. Why do so many people on here hate women

i dont hate woman i am just saying she was seen laughing about it with teammates at first and only went for blood once she seen she had the media support behind her... either way both men should be fired which is going to happen within the next few weeks i am sure.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
i dont hate woman i am just saying she was seen laughing about it with teammates at first and only went for blood once she seen she had the media support behind her... either way both men should be fired which is going to happen within the next few weeks i am sure.
People can also laugh when they are uncomfortable. It’s a normal reaction. Stop trying to look for something that isn’t there and ignoring the obvious

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My understanding is that the team thought they were all assholes to begin with, that’s why most of their A team left.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
The first time I was sexually harassed I was having very mixed feelings immediately after because of a whole lot of reasons that made me think hey, there's maybe some positives? Like I was wanted, right?

But it was pretty clear that once the discomfort settled in and that I was looking around to see if he was truly gone - and I can't quite take the same way back home anymore - that I was sexually harassed. The idea that there is a "normal way" to immediately react - and that all women figure it out, somehow - just makes me wish I was that privileged to not have that happened to me.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
The first time I was sexually harassed I was having very mixed feelings immediately after because of a whole lot of reasons that made me think hey, there's maybe some positives? Like I was wanted, right?

But it was pretty clear that once the discomfort settled in and that I was looking around to see if he was truly gone - and I can't quite take the same way back home anymore - that I was sexually harassed. The idea that there is a "normal way" to immediately react - and that all women figure it out, somehow - just makes me wish I was that privileged to not have that happened to me.

very sorry that happened to you

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
He was inevitably going to resign. Too much pressure coming from everywhere including the justice system.

Too bad he is still a clown that won't admit that what he did was wrong but at least he is gone.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United and PSG drew 1-1 in the 1st leg of their CL Qualifier. PSG dominated the first half. Could have been 2 up in 10 minutes.

New signing Geyse came on at half time and United improved. PSG took the lead through Tabitha Chawinga after a nice pass by Baltimore. United brought on a couple more new signings in Miyazawa and Malard. Malard scored the equaliser after a header by Turner from a corner.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
PSG won 3-1 in the 2nd leg, 4-2 overall. United didn't really defend well all night. Decent going forward but still figuring out how to play with Geyse instead of Russo.

Lieke Martens gave PSG the lead on a rebound after Chawinga's run and shot was saved. Riviere struggled with Chawinga's pace all game.

United equalised just after half time with Naalsund finishing Geyse's cross. PSG retook the lead a minute later through Martens after another run by Chawinga. Baltimore made it 3-1 with what looked more like a cross than a shot, Earps could have done better. United had a good goal disallowed for an apparent push after Galton had beaten the defender and GK to the ball. Terrible decision. Toone hit the post in added time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad