All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

Sep 19, 2008
I thought he quit though over that kiss

honestly for me the whole thing's overblown but we live in a different time

sad thing everyone is talking about the kiss and nobody is talking about how dominant spain is going to be for the next few cycles. that was their B team and they trucked England. B TEAM.

1692970508252.jpeg

Reactions: BillPrep

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
New FIFA Women's Rankings...

1. Sweden (1st time ranked #1, third-ever country joining USA/Germany)
2. Spain (up from 6)
3. USA (Lowest ever)
4. England
5. France
6. Germany (down from 2)

7. Netherlands
8. Japan
9. Brazil
10. Canada
11. Australia (Who made the semis and somehow went down from 10th)
12. Denmark

22. Columbia (only up 3)
32. Nigeria (up 8 from 40)
37. Jamaica (up 6 from 43)
45. South Africa (up 9 from 54)
58. Morocco (up 14 from 72)

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
I’m super casual I just like watching soccer games but don’t know much about the players:

If Spain sent their best possible roster, which players who didn’t play in the WC would’ve started?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I’m super casual I just like watching soccer games but don’t know much about the players:

If Spain sent their best possible roster, which players who didn’t play in the WC would’ve started?

This summarizes it. I’m not familiar enough to know if all of the missing players showed up, what the starting lineup would look like. But they went through a huge turnover right before the WC

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well having a scummy federation and president is one way of taking the focus off the scummy coach I suppose...

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal

f*** Spain

Honestly, people who enable this behaviour are genuinely no better.

It's kinda stunning that these people could have just been fine if they kicked the dude who did something awful to the curb. That would have solved it immediately. But instead they all reveal themselves to be complete trash.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Honestly, people who enable this behaviour are genuinely no better.

It's kinda stunning that these people could have just been fine if they kicked the dude who did something awful to the curb. That would have solved it immediately. But instead they all reveal themselves to be complete trash.
People at the top are often groups of sycophants that protect each other. The president may have helped those people in the past or they were named in those positions thanks to him and now it's their turn to help him.

Elvis P

Runnin with the devil 👿
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Haha, I love learning about a whole new set of freaks. ... (Speaking of freaks, Elon broke Tweet linking)
"Ángeles Béjar, the mother of suspended Spanish soccer federation president Luis Rubiales, has locked herself in a church and proclaimed that she's going on a hunger strike to protest the treatment of her son. Via ESPN, Spanish news agency EFE reported that Béjar locked herself inside a Catholic church in Rubiales' hometown of Motril, Andalusia, and will continue her strike "indefinitely, day and night" until the "inhuman, bloodthirsty witch hunt which my son is being subjected to" comes to an end". Luis Rubiales' mother goes on hunger strike in protest of 'bloodthirsty witch hunt'

This woman is firmly grounded in reality.

Reactions: Il Stugotz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad