All Encompassing Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tankers GDT #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafspoison*

Yeah, it does seem like Matthews is the early favorite, but it would be really tough to pass up on Jakob. Just the complete package, IMO. Legit captain material too. Could be wearing the C for the Sting next season

I'm thinking the Leafs are probably going to battle it out vs Sabres, Oilers and Coyotes next season for these guys.

Hmmmm, hard to say. If we explode this thing like everyone says, we will be worse than those teams you mentioned.

Our team next year will be built on Marlies and Rielly and whoever we pick this year.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
-D. Moore got a 2nd at TD, R. Clowe got a 2nd + 3rd, D. Roy went for a 2nd, Jagr went for a 2nd. Fair to say a 2nd is reasonable

Santorelli
for
2nd

Winnik
for
2nd

- Gross went for 2nd + 3rd, Oduya went for 2nd + 3rd, Regehr for 2nd + 2nd, Macdonald for 2nd + 3rd, Quincey for a 1st

Franson
for
1st (or 2 2nd's)

Polak
for
2nd

Empt out the depth, and grab a 1st and 3x 2nd's

JvR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Komarov
Bodie - Hamilton - Leivo

Phaneuf - Holzer
Rielly - Robidas
Gardiner - Granberg

Bernier
Reimer

Leafspoison*

This couldn't be more wrong.

Think J-BO, very similar players.

Nope, got those names from the scouts at mid term rankings. I will trust them over you, no offence. :)

9 scouts compared him to Niedermayer.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
you know.
I really hope there's a way we can be third. I am really wanting the Hanifin Kid.

Leafspoison*

If he's that good and I'm Edmonton drafting 2nd I get him

Hanifin - Nurse

Its close. But McEichel are just a little better than Hanny.

But Hanny is way better than Strome, Marner and Werenski.

Leafspoison*

you know.
I really hope there's a way we can be third. I am really wanting the Hanifin Kid.

:nod::nod::nod:

Thats who I want. He would be first overall in any other draft.

Need some Boston peeps to chime in here on him.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Its close. But McEichel are just a little better than Hanny.

But Hanny is way better than Strome, Marner and Werenski.

Edm is taking whoever is left of McD and Eichel. They are a level above everyone else. After them it's Hanifin then Marner, then have fun. Edmonton needs a top centerman because it's obvious right now they don't have one on the team. Draisatl could be that guy, but Eichel is that guy at 2.

Leafspoison*

If he's that good and I'm Edmonton drafting 2nd I get him

Hanifin - Nurse

Well, if the oil picked him over Eichel, then that would be ok with me. If the leafs end up 3rd, we get Eichel. There is our centre for the next 15 years.

Leafspoison*

Edm is taking whoever is left of McD and Eichel. They are a level above everyone else. After them it's Hanifin then Marner, then have fun. Edmonton needs a top centerman because it's obvious right now they don't have one on the team. Draisatl could be that guy, but Eichel is that guy at 2.

agreed

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Hmmmm, hard to say. If we explode this thing like everyone says, we will be worse than those teams you mentioned.

Our team next year will be built on Marlies and Rielly and whoever we pick this year.

there are some pretty decent players on the farm... and you can bet they are going to give a ****.
I'm not sure it will really be so bad as it might need to be. I mean, Percy and Loov getting regular minutes? Throw in Carrick's grit? etc etc... what if these guys get an early look after the trades and suddenly the leafs sink to 10th overall? ._.

Might be better to promote Orr and McLaren for now. Plus, on a more serious note, the quality prospects should be experiencing the playoff run with the Marlies instead of sinking the Marlies by calling them up.

Leafspoison*

You take Marner before Strome? I don't know much about either Kid. Please enlighten me.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
At the positions they're slated to go, I'm really intrigued by Strome at 4-6, Barzal at 7-9, and Kylington at 9-11.

McDavid is obviously the prize and at #2/3 i'd take Eichel/Hanifin, but I'm excited about adding a C like Stroke or Barzal and a unique defenseman like Kylington and his fantastic puck movement.

Leafspoison*

there are some pretty decent players on the farm... and you can bet they are going to give a ****.
I'm not sure it will really be so bad as it might need to be. I mean, Percy and Loov getting regular minutes? Throw in Carrick's grit? etc etc... what if these guys get an early look after the trades and suddenly the leafs sink to 10th overall? ._.

Might be better to promote Orr and McLaren for now. Plus, on a more serious note, the quality prospects should be experiencing the playoff run with the Marlies instead of sinking the Marlies by calling them up.

Hard to tell because we will also likely have some other players and prospects from any Kessel/Phaneuf trades too.

I know for the first time in a long time, I am excited to see what the Leafs do.

Leafspoison*

At the positions they're slated to go, I'm really intrigued by Strome at 4-6, Barzal at 7-9, and Kylington at 9-11.

McDavid is obviously the prize and at #2/3 i'd take Eichel/Hanifin, but I'm excited about adding a C like Stroke or Barzal and a unique defenseman like Kylington and his fantastic puck movement.

I don't know anything about Kylington. Whats he like

Leafspoison*

He isn't first last year, or in Mac's draft. He would be in Yak's draft, maybe. Hindsite is hard to put down in this case

Yeah, he is better than the Sams, and equal to mac. That one would be close. Way ahead of Yaks draft.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
You take Marner before Strome? I don't know much about either Kid. Please enlighten me.

I was in the Strome camp most of the year, but I think at this point Marner is just a better talent. I wouldn't say I would care if we took Strome, just the way my own personal rankings are. I don't think we get the opportunity to decide anyway, so Barzal or Provorov at 7/8 is fine also.

Leafspoison*

Can we get a standings update

Right now picking 6.

But Columbus right behind with with 49 points and they have 3 games in hand.

Arizona with 47 points. Equal games.

Carolina with 45 points with 3 in hand

Edmonton
Buffalo

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
-D. Moore got a 2nd at TD, R. Clowe got a 2nd + 3rd, D. Roy went for a 2nd, Jagr went for a 2nd. Fair to say a 2nd is reasonable

Santorelli
for
2nd

Winnik
for
2nd

- Gross went for 2nd + 3rd, Oduya went for 2nd + 3rd, Regehr for 2nd + 2nd, Macdonald for 2nd + 3rd, Quincey for a 1st

Franson
for
1st (or 2 2nd's)

Polak
for
2nd

Empt out the depth, and grab a 1st and 3x 2nd's

JvR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Komarov
Bodie - Hamilton - Leivo

Phaneuf - Holzer