All Encompassing Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tankers GDT #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafspoison*

You sure Hanifin can play the right side well ?

He can play both sides equally well. Franchise D for some luck SOB.

If you want to get a woody on Hanny, go read his stats and abilities on the scouting pages on google.

Freaking amazing.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The 8 games before the deadline
@ Islanders (Looks like a loss, they're 18-6 at home)
@ Canadiens (Also good at home and are 8-2 their last 10 games)
vs Panthers (Could go either way imo, depends which Leafs team shows up)
@ Hurricanes (They are way better at home than they are on the road, must lose)
vs Jets (Should be a loss, wrecked us last time and are better away than at home)
vs Flyers (Are playing well in their last 10 but are pretty bad away this season)
@ Canadiens (Again, should probably be another loss)
@ Capitals (Good at home, think it should be a loss)

Can see them going 1-7, 2-6 or 3-5 pretty easily.

Would give us 63 games played and 52, 54 or 56 points hopefully. Didn't count the potential overtime points but it seems like the Leafs either win in a convincing way or lose in a convincing way. Maybe an OT point here or there in the last 8 games.

Leafspoison*

What is really good is there were 14 scouts in the building tonight to see how good Winnik, Santo and Franson are.

Couldn't have worked out better.

Nonis combing through the new offers right now.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I want a Chychrun-Rielly top pairing.. Jakob's going to be a dominant dman

Bet we're going to have a lot of debate on who should be #1 in the 2016 draft. Chychrun vs Puljujarvi vs Matthews

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
The 8 games before the deadline
@ Islanders (Looks like a loss, they're 18-6 at home)
@ Canadiens (Also good at home and are 8-2 their last 10 games)
vs Panthers (Could go either way imo, depends which Leafs team shows up)
@ Hurricanes (They are way better at home than they are on the road, must lose)
vs Jets (Should be a loss, wrecked us last time and are better away than at home)
vs Flyers (Are playing well in their last 10 but are pretty bad away this season)
@ Canadiens (Again, should probably be another loss)
@ Capitals (Good at home, think it should be a loss)

Can see them going 1-7, 2-6 or 3-5 pretty easily.

Would give us 63 games played and 52, 54 or 56 points hopefully.
I could see us losing to the Habs both games in OT. They'll give us 2 useless points to screw us up

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
What is really good is there were 14 scouts in the building tonight to see how good Winnik, Santo and Franson are.

Couldn't have worked out better.

Nonis combing through the new offers right now.
Doubt he's getting much action on Bozak or Lupul though.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I want a Chychrun-Rielly top pairing.. Jakob's going to be a dominant dman

Bet we're going to have a lot of debate on who should be #1 in the 2016 draft. Chychrun vs Puljujarvi vs Matthews

if it happened today, Matthews is #1, but I agree about the other two. Could add Sokolov in there as well. Chychrun looks about 25 already

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Right now changes for lottery spots according to sportsclub stats

1st - 0
2nd - 0
3rd - 5
4th - 14
5th - 19
6th - 18
7th - 15
8th - 11
9th - 7
10th - 5
11th or later - 6

Looks like we're drafting in 4-9 range.

1) Strome
2) Hanifin
3) Zacha (Want a big skilled C)
4) Crouse
5) Rantanen
6) Werenski

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star, the Leafs have always held onto some measure of hope that they could turn this thing around. They could add some pieces, makes some trades, accelerate the process. They could make the playoffs. Brendan Shanahan knows that he could make five trades and win every one and not make a contender, a real contender; he knows they’re going to have to build through the draft, like most every other contender.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...nally-coming-down-from-false-hope-arthur.html

The cratering of this team has not been all David Clarkson’s fault, but he’s tied for the third-highest cap hit on this team, and he’s a black hole. There are more problems, sure. Of course there are.

But Clarkson is the example of the thinking that dragged the Leafs down into this hole. In the last three years — and since the first lockout, really — the Leafs have always held onto some measure of hope that they could turn this thing around. They could add some pieces, makes some trades, accelerate the process. They could make the playoffs. I once asked Brian Burke why he wasn’t patient with his rebuild. He said maybe it was his age, and maybe it was because he didn’t have to wait in Anaheim. That’s why he traded for Kessel, as young as Kessel was.

Clarkson was signed the summer after the Leafs lost in seven games to Boston, which some senior members of the organization now openly call “the worst thing to happen to this franchise,†because the playoff loss perpetuated false hope. Now, there is no argument: the Leafs are blue-and-white-scaffolding, assets to be disposed of. One former member of the organization recently said that in Toronto every administration comes in preaching patience, and then when the small successes come they get excited, start to dream, press the gas pedal, and then they crash. It used to be this kind of game would help fool management into thinking this thing was sustainable. Not anymore.

So the long-term rebuild that Toronto has avoided for decades is here. Brendan Shanahan knows that he could make five trades and win every one and not make a contender, a real contender; he knows they’re going to have to build through the draft, like most every other contender.

The Leafs are finally climbing down from false hope, and it took this season piled on top of last season to get here. The best thing you can say about David Clarkson is that he is one of the signposts that have finally directed the Leafs from an accidental ruin to an intentional one.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I could see us losing to the Habs both games in OT. They'll give us 2 useless points to screw us up

Yeah that's true, no matter how good either team is the Habs and Leafs always manage to make the games close for some reason.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
if it happened today, Matthews is #1, but I agree about the other two. Could add Sokolov in there as well. Chychrun looks about 25 already

Yeah, it does seem like Matthews is the early favorite, but it would be really tough to pass up on Jakob. Just the complete package, IMO. Legit captain material too. Could be wearing the C for the Sting next season

I'm thinking the Leafs are probably going to battle it out vs Sabres, Oilers and Coyotes next season for these guys.

Leafspoison*

I have seen him play 7 times. Twice he played right side on pp.

And, he is 6'3 and 200 pounds, likely to top out at 6'4, 220.

When I watched him, I was freaking amazed at his stride. Very fast and up to speed in 4 strides. Just slick.

He never makes mistakes with the break out pass.

Idont think we will get McEichel, but we have a chance at this guy.

Scouts are all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad