Injury Report: All-encompassing injury thread (Zetterberg Update Post #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
I guess that's ok then. Still, I'd figure he could probably push it a bit and come back now. It's been weeks so I wouldn't think the extra week for round 2 would make such a huge difference.

I don't think he could grip a stick yet and couldn't get cleared by the doctors to play without potentially causing further tendon damage. It sounded like a pretty bad break and if you can't grip a stick you can't really play hockey.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seems likely Datsyuk will have surgery this summer on his knee:

“It has to be determined whether four months off and a commitment to the gym will give him the power and the quickness we’re used to,†general manager Ken Holland said. “It’s between the doctor and Pav. A lot depends on what Pav wants to do. He doesn’t seem to feel he has the power.â€

Holland called it minor surgery, but said it takes three months to heal. So a decision likely needs to be made within a month.

“There’s a question if there’s dead tissue in there,†Holland said. “They take the dead tissue out and get the blood flowing in the ligament.

“As good as Pavel was in this series Pavel is a whole other level than that. Ideally after a good summer and (possibly) surgery we’ll get him back the way he’s capable of playing.â€

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_determining_whether.html

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Also, apparently Weiss had surgery (lol, again?)

Center Stephen Weiss last week had what Holland called minor surgery to release scar tissue. It was performed in Philadelphia by the same doctor (William Meyers) who performed sports hernia surgery on Weiss on Dec. 23.

“He needs a big summer,†Holland said.

Zetterberg said he felt good, and Holland thinks he'll be 100% by September

Holland said Henrik Zetterberg felt great in the two games he played since returning from back surgery on Feb. 21.

“We expect to see him in September healthy,†Holland said.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Hopefully they do a serious analysis of their training department this offseason. Whatever they've been doing the last few seasons has been totally counter-productive.

Last edited:

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Hopefully they do a serious analysis of their training department this offseason. Whatever they've been doing the last few season has been totally counter-productive.

Holland has said that they've audited the training staff and their methods, but I would personally like to see a new training staff come in and replace the current one.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hopefully they do a serious analysis of their training department this offseason. Whatever they've been doing the last few seasons has been totally counter-productive.

The groin issues were a bigger red flag than the injuries to Datsyuk, Weiss, and Z. We were two months into the season, and guys were still ripping their groins. I don't know how that happens.

Seems likely Datsyuk will have surgery this summer on his knee:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_determining_whether.html

Also, apparently Weiss had surgery (lol, again?)

Zetterberg said he felt good, and Holland thinks he'll be 100% by September

Babcock mentioned Datsyuk having surgery this summer during his game 5 postgame presser. Considering Datsyuk's already tried rehabbing it to get it healthy, and he's tried sitting around and doing nothing to get it healthy, and neither option has worked, he should get the surgery ASAP.

And the Weiss thing doesn't surprise me. He felt discomfort after the last surgery, and they wanted him to just work through it and "break up" the scar tissue. Doesn't surprise me that they went back in to clean stuff up. Hopefully it heals up right this time.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
He needs to get surgery unless his doctor tells him that the injury can be fixed if he does nothing but rest and rehab for 2-3 months.

No point in going under the knife if it's not absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad