Injury Report: All-encompassing injury thread (Zetterberg Update Post #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It's crazy how bad Ericsson's injury is considering how harmless it looked. It wasn't even a slapshot. Apparently it basically shattered the bone in his finger.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman
Zetterberg's practice appears to be over. He went a good 30 minutes and took part in a majority of the drills. #NHLplayoffs

I guess if he's taking part in drills, it's a good sign, right?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Per Redwings.com

“Time-wise we were shooting for Round 2 if everything goes well,” he said. “Increase intensity every day and hopefully in a couple days maybe I can do some more battling drills.”

Very little ambiguity on when Z will return.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Yes and no, the 30 minute part isn't that encouraging, as it's a small fraction of practice.

Yeah, but its his first proper practise, so they'll ease him in, see how he is the next day, then increase his participation bit by bit.

What they don't want to do is rush him back, then have a setback that puts him out another 2 months.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I bet if its Game 7, Z will be right there on the ice. I don't care how he is feeling.
I'm not sure about that. If it's a Game 7 it means we've been able to hang with the Bruins pretty well. And Z would put the team ahead of himself, if he's not feeling good enough to actually contribute he won't return.

I actually feel like Ericsson is a bigger loss in the 1st round. We really need that help on defense. Can't believe that injury took him out for so long.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
It's crazy how bad Ericsson's injury is considering how harmless it looked. It wasn't even a slapshot. Apparently it basically shattered the bone in his finger.

Broken fingers are the worst. They just do not heal fast at all. I shattered my thumb in December one year and could not play hockey until May

Tobeflop

Jan 19, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I actually feel like Ericsson is a bigger loss in the 1st round.

Gotta agree that the team is going to miss Ericsson bigtime, but not having Z in the lineup hurts much more than not having Big E there. Zetterberg's leadership and work ethic are extremely important to the Red Wings. Also, E wasn't that reliable the last time he was playing, while Z on the other hand was the best player in the team.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Than Zetterberg? No way. Not even close. Ericsson wasn't even playing good last time he was in the lineup.
Just thinking in terms of a 1st round viewpoint, what would help the most: Adding Zetterberg and scratching Miller/Glendening/Abdelkader/Jurco, or adding Ericsson and scratching Kindl/Lashoff? E wasn't too hot before his injury but my biggest concern against Boston is that they're going to score 2-3 goals per game against Kindl-Lashoff.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just thinking in terms of a 1st round viewpoint, what would help the most: Adding Zetterberg and scratching Miller/Glendening/Abdelkader/Jurco, or adding Ericsson and scratching Kindl/Lashoff? E wasn't too hot before his injury but my biggest concern against Boston is that they're going to score 2-3 goals per game against Kindl-Lashoff.

Well Zetterberg would be a huge addition both offensively and defensively.

So it's not very close in my eyes.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
z in the playoffs equals two detroit defenders in my eyes hes a dammed beast and a whole nother gear in the playoffs.

The only time I take Z over D in any situation is playoffs that should say something.

So losing ericsson is minor compared to Z he is a difference maker.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm not sure about that. If it's a Game 7 it means we've been able to hang with the Bruins pretty well. And Z would put the team ahead of himself, if he's not feeling good enough to actually contribute he won't return.

I actually feel like Ericsson is a bigger loss in the 1st round. We really need that help on defense. Can't believe that injury took him out for so long.

I do not get either why he is out for so long.
Ericsson is not a bigger loss than Z, not even close as Z is out best player. Nevertheless you make a good point as our Dmen struggle a lot. We will see.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
What I don't get is why people are wasting time arguing that Zetterberg has a bigger impact than Ericsson.

If someone said "I'd rather have Dan Cleary on my team than Crosby", would you reply to that too?

Yes I realize I'm wasting my time as well just to point that out.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ericsson is not a bigger loss than Z, not even close as Z is out best player. Nevertheless you make a good point as our Dmen struggle a lot. We will see.

I think this sums it up well. Ericsson would help quite a bit, no doubt, but it's hard to discount the impact your best player has on the team. Zetterberg was that player all season.

source

Jul 13, 2008
What I don't get is why people are wasting time arguing that Zetterberg has a bigger impact than Ericsson.

If someone said "I'd rather have Dan Cleary on my team than Crosby", would you reply to that too?

Yes I realize I'm wasting my time as well just to point that out.

Quoted for truth.

Any updates on Zetterberg and Ericsson? Has Zetterberg continued to take part in drills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad