Injury Report: All-encompassing injury thread (Zetterberg Update Post #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any updates on Zetterberg and Ericsson? Has Zetterberg continued to take part in drills?

From yesterday.

Ansar Khan
AnsarKhanMLive
@AmaniAlayoubi1 Nothing new with Ericsson. Not skating with team yet. Not expected back this round.

Ansar Khan
AnsarKhanMLive
@Cthomas1986 Zetterberg skated with team for third day in row. Not cleared for contact yet. No update; hoping late 1st round or early 2nd

source

Jul 13, 2008
From yesterday.

Ansar Khan
AnsarKhanMLive
@AmaniAlayoubi1 Nothing new with Ericsson. Not skating with team yet. Not expected back this round.

Ansar Khan
AnsarKhanMLive
@Cthomas1986 Zetterberg skated with team for third day in row. Not cleared for contact yet. No update; hoping late 1st round or early 2nd

Thanks. This series will be decided by razor thin margins and Z could ultimately be the difference. Hopefully he gets up to speed soon.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
What's the protocol for contact? Two, three practices before game? It looks like he's skating well from the videos I've seen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
His play style doesn't let him avoid it. How many times have we seen people draped all over Z's back while he protects the puck. That's how he plays.

Right. And I think he'd play that way at wing or center.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I'll be happy to eat my words if this doesn't come to pass, but I don't see how Z can help us not having played in 2.5 months.

Leadership. He may even help out the PP and scoreboard. He may be a big boost and give the Bruins something else to think about.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I'll be happy to eat my words if this doesn't come to pass, but I don't see how Z can help us not having played in 2.5 months.

I don't think thats as much of an issue with a player like Zetterberg. He is a veteran and knows what to expect and has such high skill that even a lesser version of that is an upgrade over most of our guys. Plus the added leadership of our Captain.

DatsyukianDeke*

The Detroit Red Wings appear set to welcome captain Henrik Zetterberg back to the lineup after a 30-game absence, just in time to help his team avoid falling into a 3-1 hole in their first-round series against the Boston Bruins.

According to Ken Campbell of The Hockey News:

A source close to the Red Wings said Henrik Zetterberg has been cleared to play [Thursday], after missing the last 30 games (including playoffs) and all but one game of the Olympics with a back injury. The source said Zetterberg will likely play only 'limited minutes,' somewhere in the range of 10 to 12.

Zetterberg registered 48 points in 45 games during the regular season, and his presence on the ice would be a massive boost for Detroit, even in limited minutes.

http://www.thescore.com/news/488091

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Is it just me or does it reflect poorly on Ericsson that he's still not playing? You look at the types of injuries players have played through in the playoffs and he's sitting out with a finger he broke weeks ago. Datsyuk's played on a less than perfect knee and Zetterberg came back earlier than expected from serious back surgery. Look at what Bergeron suffered through in last year's playoffs.

Is there something I'm unaware of?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Is it just me or does it reflect poorly on Ericsson that he's still not playing? You look at the types of injuries players have played through in the playoffs and he's sitting out with a finger he broke weeks ago. Datsyuk's played on a less than perfect knee and Zetterberg came back earlier than expected from serious back surgery. Look at what Bergeron suffered through in last year's playoffs.

Is there something I'm unaware of?
Yeah it wasn't just a fracture it was tendons or something like that which take longer to heal, and if you don't let them heal properly you might get permanent damage and reduced ability to move the finger etc

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Yeah it wasn't just a fracture it was tendons or something like that which take longer to heal, and if you don't let them heal properly you might get permanent damage and reduced ability to move the finger etc

I guess that's ok then. Still, I'd figure he could probably push it a bit and come back now. It's been weeks so I wouldn't think the extra week for round 2 would make such a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad