Injury Report: All-encompassing Injury thread 2016-17

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm 100% Z is legit injured, if he was "faking" he'd claim back-problems which everyone would believe.

Bummer but as long as it's not serious it could definitely be a blessing in disguise. Z doesn't need the extra wear and tear.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's not a blessing because another part of his body broke down doing exercise.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
"he would just say so and not hide behind an off-season injury" = opinion

"I'm sure this is a huge bummer for him" = opinion

"he's getting an MRI" = fact

You see a difference between those things, right?

The most likely scenario (my opinion) is that he tweaked something and backed out of the tournament. They are taking the precaution and doing an MRI, but he'll most likely be good to go for preseason/season.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I have no clue what your point is other than to add doubt to the honesty of Zetterberg regarding his motives. I explained my reasoning. Yes, they are opinions...

Which you ultimately agreed with because you said he did injure something and is being cautious. My response was to a person claiming he wasn't injured at all, putting injury in quotes.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Don't be so cynical. If the Captain of the Swedish team didn't want to play, he would just say so and not hide behind an off-season injury. He missed out on Sochi too, so I'm sure this is a huge bummer for him.

And Z has such a long history of milking injuries and not playing hurt. It's like the captain of the team once had to go over and give him a pep talk to get him on the ice in the playoffs with some sore ribs.

Z hurting his knee isn't good. Holland pinned the wings on making the playoffs this year and so far Kronwall's knee has been a question mark all summer and now Z has hobbled himself exercising.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's not a blessing because another part of his body broke down doing exercise.
I'd prefer him to be 100% healthy and just not play the tournament, but if we're talking a minor leg injury with still 1+ month to the season start there's no need to be all "another part of him broke down". You can get hurt at any age and with plenty of time for proper rest/rehab there's not much cause for concern.
Heck there's probably stuff like this every summer for plenty of players and we just don't hear about it.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I agree that Z isn't lying outright, but possibly if real games were on the line, like the Olympics or the SC he'd be there playing through the injury. Just dumb to risk a more serious knee injury playing a glorified All Star tournament with hits and people trying actually to win.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
"he would just say so and not hide behind an off-season injury" = opinion

"I'm sure this is a huge bummer for him" = opinion

"he's getting an MRI" = fact

You see a difference between those things, right?

The most likely scenario (my opinion) is that he tweaked something and backed out of the tournament. They are taking the precaution and doing an MRI, but he'll most likely be good to go for preseason/season.

Your most likely scenario is also an opinion unless you're somehow privy to results of the mri that hasn't been done yet.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'd prefer him to be 100% healthy and just not play the tournament, but if we're talking a minor leg injury with still 1+ month to the season start there's no need to be all "another part of him broke down". You can get hurt at any age and with plenty of time for proper rest/rehab there's not much cause for concern.
Heck there's probably stuff like this every summer for plenty of players and we just don't hear about it.

Zetterberg will never be 100% healthy ever again.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Teddy Bridgewater at the spry age of 23 just almost lost his leg and career during a freaking drop back in practice.

Edit: not to say Hank's age or durability didn't have anything to do with it, I honestly hope this is a wake-up call for his 16 minutes max a night. Pavel Datsyuk makes those signs point to no though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I agree that Z isn't lying outright, but possibly if real games were on the line, like the Olympics or the SC he'd be there playing through the injury. Just dumb to risk a more serious knee injury playing a glorified All Star tournament with hits and people trying actually to win.

Because if there's something Team Sweden needs, it's nearly 36-year-old on a bum knee.

I love Zetterberg, and he's an elite playmaker with hands and vision, but even at 100% skating he can struggle to keep up with the play in the modern game. He's not going to be that helpful if he can't go full speed.

Which plays into my worries regarding the mobility of Kronwall and Zetterberg. Hopefully they heal up and it's all fine, but it's a worry. Compound that with Ericsson's ever persistent hip slowing him down and we're seeing a trio of Swedes that might have some legitimate mobility issues.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Haha, I forgot you were the Vikings guy! It's all over the news here. There was soooo much hype for the new season, too. So this isn't the year you leapfrog the Pack. ;)

Ughhh that team looked so good. And technically we won the NFC North last year :p:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Your most likely scenario is also an opinion unless you're somehow privy to results of the mri that hasn't been done yet.

"The most likely scenario (my opinion) is that he tweaked"

Did you miss the "(MY OPINION)" that I literally included in the sentence?

:laugh::help::laugh:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Thanks for reminding me... :rant:

:eek: didn't know we had any Vikings fans in here. I gotta say I feel really badly for him, I like him a lot as a person and player and I would never wish injury on a person (outside of Cooke and Torres) even a division rival. You can tell how much your guys love him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Now he's faking MRI imagery to get out of playing. This conspiracy goes pretty deep, fellas.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Holland is probably sitting there in his office with a massive smirk on his face, thinking to himself "See, this is why we need depth guys.. Depth depth depth.." "Hmm, i wonder if i still have legwand's number left"

Or "I hear Scott Gomez announced his retirement. I should try and get him to come to camp on a try out invitation." :naughty:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Now he's faking MRI imagery to get out of playing. This conspiracy goes pretty deep, fellas.

:laugh:

I can realistically see Zetterberg missing a portion of the teams first 10 games, kind of like Kronwall missed last year (18 games) but on a smaller scale. But hey, that's just my opinion .

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
even if zetterberg didn't have a knee injury, can't blame a guy for not wanting to take part in what is essentially glorified exhibition games when he's 35 years old and already has chronic back issues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad