Confirmed with Link: All Encompassing Arena Talk: Meruelo focused on winning auction, but now may be looking for buyers (in and out of state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Craig saying that talks with the res have gone quiet means that Talking Stick is (once again) out. So let's go Sloan Park!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Craig saying that talks with the res have gone quiet means that Talking Stick is (once again) out. So let's go Sloan Park!
Are we going to say “Sloan Park” or “Gravel Pit”? I don’t know that either is accurate. I’m not sure a “gravel pit” is even a real thing. Lol. I know there’s a big hole in the dirt there. What it is I have no idea. And Sloan park is a couple miles away right?

We need a better name for this quickly because if we don’t get ahead of it, it’ll start being called “Bass Pro location” and we can’t have that.

Reactions: Mosby

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Are we going to say “Sloan Park” or “Gravel Pit”? I don’t know that either is accurate. I’m not sure a “gravel pit” is even a real thing. Lol. I know there’s a big hole in the dirt there. What it is I have no idea. And Sloan park is a couple miles away right?

We need a better name for this quickly because if we don’t get ahead of it, it’ll start being called “Bass Pro location” and we can’t have that.

Maybe we should call it "Doan Park"?

Or just "The Pit" in a nod to Parks and Recreation...

rt

May 13, 2004
Between Dobson and Alma school north of rio Salado..

Just throwing it out there the street that runs through Riverview Sloan park going west to east ends at the gravel pit..
What you are describing seems to me like a place that would require a public vote. I hope not.

EDITED for clarity.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Coyotes19c

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Club MED (Mesa Entertainment District)

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
What you are describing seems to me like a place that would require a public vote. I hope not.

EDITED for clarity.
Let me be a little bit more specific. That road can and will likely run through the gravel pit to Alma school…

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m assuming Meruelo wouldn’t have put in a bid to buy land if he had any inclination that it would have to go to a public vote after the purchase of said land, right? Way too big of a risk otherwise…
True. Probably safe to just assume without worrying about it.

Let me be a little bit more specific. That road can and will likely run through the gravel pit to Alma school…
I don’t know what this means. But I LIKE IT!!!

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Here's what 41 acres look like at the gravel pit, which rt correctly pointed out sits on Maricopa County land, not technically Mesa. It's possible most of the site would remain industrial. I think it's a fabulous location, off the 202 and close to the 101 interchange. Hotels and dining options are already in place.

View attachment 734742
Is there a Chipotle close by? Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
It's not all of a sudden, he had the power since birth. It will be realized by all when he puts on the kachina. It's been decreed by the spirit god THE COYOTE.
Why do i get the urge to roll for initiative?
Also, is THE COYOTE a benevolent god Like He was to homer in that Simpsons Episode?

I have more questions on this but they have to wait.

Regarding Mesa.
Didn't you Guys say that the biggest nimbys in the world live there?
That makes me think that it will be a hard and steep Road ahead.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
If anything, I'd call it the Mesa Riverview site - that's what it's next to, and it's over a half mile from the east end of what could be considered Sloan Park; in fact that little family park at the east entrance off of Dobson is called Riverview Park.

I've walked/cycled along that bike path ("Mesa Stadium Connector") maybe a dozen times over the years, and it's a ways along the little feeder canal from Alma School where the gravel pit is over to the far side of those car dealerships in Riverview.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Why do i get the urge to roll for initiative?
Also, is THE COYOTE a benevolent god Like He was to homer in that Simpsons Episode?

I have more questions on this but they have to wait.

Regarding Mesa.
Didn't you Guys say that the biggest nimbys in the world live there?
That makes me think that it will be a hard and steep Road ahead.
THE COYOTE does not understand the ways of man , he only knows what is inside each individual. He guides the chosen one across the slippery path and bless him with wisdom and true focus and aim. He does not understand why they go one direction than switch and go the other direction for a period of time, but he likes to hear the howl, that is why he blessed the chosen one. But he doesn't see the moon in the sky only that it's stuck in the ice. He wonders if the chosen one can free the moon so it can rise back up to the sky.

• Love
Reactions: Edenjung

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the discord boys cracked the code:

6E8332CA-2A03-48F7-A3A3-49F1888E8A85.jpeg
F8D15F57-9DEE-4AA1-A8B6-905ACA6F8C4D.jpeg
F9564060-FB40-4A43-AF96-6D490F3547DF.jpeg

^ That’s County Island land. All of it.

Status