Confirmed with Link: All Encompassing Arena Talk: Meruelo focused on winning auction, but now may be looking for buyers (in and out of state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
XG’s QA on PHNX is incredible. They’ve finally dropped the BS and are finally keeping it simple and right to the point. I’m loving this new version of these guys. No convoluted shenanigans. No schemes. They’re straight up gonna buy this thing and pay for it themselves or they’re going to sell the team for relocation. That’s it. No plan B.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oddly comforting
Yep. I’ve been kept in limbo about a job for a few weeks. Delays after delays. And reading into stuff too much. Stressful. I actually believe I’ll finally get a Yes or No tomorrow. And I think I’ll be relieved either way at this point. Even if they turn me down.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
XG is being so upfront. If they don’t win, they’re being sold for relocation. They believe this is the only viable solution for the Coyotes in Arizona, period.
Abc15 interview?

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
EXCLUSIVE: 'This is it': Coyotes CEO says team will look at relocation if they don't get land in Phoenix

"I love the excitement, but is there a plan B? What if you aren't able to obtain that land?" asked Soto.
"This is it. This is the plan or else we are going to have to explore relocation of this organization," said Gutierrez.
"If I understand correctly, this is the last hurrah. If this doesn't happen, essentially, you've got to start looking at other avenues of the coyotes possibly leaving Arizona?" asked Soto.

"Absolutely. And we've made that very clear, and I think everyone should be aware of that. That this is it," Gutierrez replied"

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
So, the day before the draft.
The draft party could be a fun one this year.
I had hope for an Ishbia or tribe plan if this fails but SLC is likely going to be it. Which shouldn't surprise anyone except for Jakey.
I think we're going to win the auction, but I'm quite concerned with XG talking about relocation already. The optics on this by ownership is lacking confidence, especially on the day the auction date is declared. Strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad