Confirmed with Link: All Encompassing Arena Talk: Meruelo focused on winning auction, but now may be looking for buyers (in and out of state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
The best ROI is to sell the Coyotes like I said before. Construction costs have never been higher and scarcity of material will even drive them higher.

Hopefully we find a new buyer who can mend bridges and winning brings fans to Glendale.
Glendale is done man. It was never a good idea and will never be.

As far as construction costs, yes all of those are up but who knows if someone who specializes in infrastructure building, utilities and more didn't buy options on materials long ago to keep prices low? Not to mention the purchasing power they probably have.

Reactions: ck26 and Mangosteen

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Why bother going through all the auction stuff only to sell now? You sell when you're in a position of strength, unless you absolutely have to. This is total BS click baiting and not even the entertaining kind :laugh: Carry on.

It's most valuable as an asset if it's portable. If the league agrees to let the team move, Meruelo will make a lot of money. They'll be rid of AM too. And maybe will get a team in a market that doesn't want to pay expansion prices.

Selling is almost assuredly a plan B though. It would be weird if Meruelo hadn't done a temperature check on the market at this point, bordering on gross negligence by the league.

So this seems like a big nothing. You could just as easily spin things to say SLC is ready to pony up for expansion because AM wasn't at all interested in selling early.

I'm at the point where I don't give a shit about these milestones or 'revelations' at all. The puck dropping on opening night is the only relevant milestone.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Gambo has been pretty spot on lately with Coyotes news. He’s broken some stories before Craig. Interesting that he would randomly bring this up
He does that because he’s a ratings whore and always has been.

Craig goes through a lot of checks and double checks before he publishes something.

Like journalists are supposed to do.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
I personally haven't given 2 💩💩's to Gambo in many many years as I have found him wrong more often than right...at least in Hockey.

After todays report I was thinking back to all the bad takes from Gambo over the years.

For like a week he was adimate that Vesa Toskala was coming here.

Wrong Hossa traded.

I'm sure I can think of more.

Reactions: Cameron Poe Dameron

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ

Craig goes through a lot of checks and double checks before he publishes something.

The fact that he is so popular on the radio is a testament to the fact that AZ sports radio sucks. He's loud and obnoxious. Boasts about being first to report things like you said. He doesn't do any work cause he doesn't have to. He isn't held accountable. No one gives a shit about his working out, or his much younger wife who he has said many misogynistic things about on air and that's about 90% of the show it feels like.

I wish Twitter/X kept my DM's with him back when we signed OEL and him claiming we should go after Tavares who obviously wouldn't have come here. Lot of ridiculous conversation there.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Grimes

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

One is a journalist.

The other is a clickbait wannabe.

The fact that he is so popular on the radio is a testament to the fact that AZ sports radio sucks. He's loud and obnoxious. Boasts about being first to report things like you said. He doesn't do any work cause he doesn't have to. He isn't held accountable. No one gives a shit about his working out, or his much younger wife who he has said many misogynistic things about on air and that's about 90% of the show it feels like.

I wish Twitter/X kept my DM's with him back when we signed OEL and him claiming we should go after Tavares who obviously wouldn't have come here. Lot of ridiculous conversation there.
Is he even on the radio anymore? If yes, does anyone actually listen to Phoenix sports radio?

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
One is a journalist.

The other is a clickbait wannabe.

Is he even on the radio anymore? If yes, does anyone actually listen to Phoenix sports radio?
Still there in the prime time slot. The show is god awful. I tune in occasionally if there is truly breaking news released but most of the time regret it. They spend more time transitioning to the next segment or setting up the tease break than they do actually talking about sports.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
"Hey John, this is Alex Meruelo."

"Hey Alex, how..."

"No shut up. You've done enough talking today. It's my turn. I'm pursuing this land deal. Your reporting here doesn't help my cause. Only going to tell you this once - stay out of my business. Understood?"

"Yes"

"Good. Goodbye." *Click

EDIT: Obviously, no, because freedom of the press, I get it. Only point I want to make here is, I imagine AM can't be happy about this story coming out today.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
The instagram post from the team account today got my hopes up for a second.

Win the auction and hire a construction crew before you use the "BREAKING" label, Yotes.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

“My family and I are committed to winning this land auction and building a transformative entertainment district that will not require taxpayer funding for the first time in Arizona history,” said Arizona Coyotes Chairman & Governor Alex Meruelo. “We will buy this land, build this development and finish a project that will incur the cost of more than $100 million in infrastructure improvements with no burden placed on taxpayers.”​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad