Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Miro absence update

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I do find it interesting how Jack Perry according to so many is just boring with no redeemable qualities....yet he consistently gets big reactions and seemingly is moving a decent amount of merch as well. Coming off really good tonight. Set up well to be slide back into AEW at this point.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Miro absence update

Injured himself Punching the Clown after losing the hot and flexible wife

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Moving to Bulgaria doesn’t seem conducive for making weekly appearances

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
“cry me a river” jacket is pretty funny

Idk if id keep reminding ppl of that if i was AEW (actually i know I wouldn’t), but i guess with Jack it’s smart to lean into it- especially on the new japan shows. It’s the most reaction he’s ever gotten outside of people singing Tarzana

Reactions: TD Charlie

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
The problem with AEW right now is Tony obviously. But if you compare it to hockey for instance it would be like the owner being the GM. And no one wants the owner to be running drafts and building the team and meddling in coaching. He should hire Scott DAmore (or someone similar) to run the wrestling side of things and Tony step back and do the business side. Tony is lighting rod for the haters as well sometimes comically so as he’s also done a lot of good for wrestling. Taking himself out of the equation would be best

Reactions: CDJ and DaaaaB's

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The problem with AEW right now is Tony obviously. But if you compare it to hockey for instance it would be like the owner being the GM. And no one wants the owner to be running drafts and building the team and meddling in coaching. He should hire Scott DAmore (or someone similar) to run the wrestling side of things and Tony step back and do the business side. Tony is lighting rod for the haters as well sometimes comically so as he’s also done a lot of good for wrestling. Taking himself out of the equation would be best
The problem with AEW right now is that their competitor is hotter right now than any other wrestling promotion in history.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Yes, it explains a turn down in business for AEW but it is far from being the only reason. Heck, I'd argue it is not the primary reason.

Bad booking is the biggest factor. All the drama does not help. Targeting only a small portion of the entire wrestling market.
But don't say yes then no...just say no you don't believe it's a thing...comes off as disingenuous

I agree tony is a huge problem, someone saying he should hire Scott damore is a great idea...creative needs a boost

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
But don't say yes then no...just say no you don't believe it's a thing...comes off as disingenuous

I agree tony is a huge problem, someone saying he should hire Scott damore is a great idea...creative needs a boost
I agree it is a factor. I disagree it is a primary one. To me, using it as the reason is a cope to avoid the real issues.

Sorry if I was not clear

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes, it explains a turn down in business for AEW but it is far from being the only reason. Heck, I'd argue it is not the primary reason.

Bad booking is the biggest factor. All the drama does not help. Targeting only a small portion of the entire wrestling market.

It's also some bad business decisions. Their tour schedule is kind of wonky as they triple dip markets too often and tend to go to places right after WWE was there which is probably hurting attendance.

Some advertising issues too on top of it as well

The TV ratings are whatever, attendance is what has been concerning business wise.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah, but it does not explain all of AEW issues, so, yes, it is a cope.
Makes absolutely no sense to be completely honest. Saying that AEW has been negatively effected by a strong WWE is not saying AEW doesn't have other internal issues. It isn't an either or situation, so what about that is "coping"? It is just reality. We also don't actually have any tangible way of knowing what is and isn't a bigger reason for the product going cold either. It is just one of the reasons, now the difference is they can't actually do anything about WWE being hot. They can take care of their own business.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
It's also some bad business decisions. Their tour schedule is kind of wonky as they triple dip markets too often and tend to go to places right after WWE was there which is probably hurting attendance.

Some advertising issues too on top of it as well

The TV ratings are whatever, attendance is what has been concerning business wise.
I do agree with this...the visiting same markets/timing is not helping

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Thought this was good. Kenny did indeed get Larry out of harms way! Saint move! Seems like the Bucks/Page have more of an issue with Punk than Kenny

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I mean it is probably slight hyperbole. It is the hottest WWE has been in 20 years....but the general point is true no? How is it coping to say that WWE getting extremely hot is going to have a negative effect on AEW. That just seems like a fact lol
They just sold over 200k tickets in a single 5 day period. It's not hyperbole, it's fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad