AEW All Elite Wrestling #6: Best in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Earlier I said maybe Omega should win but I take that all back after that opening video. Hangman has to win here.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Man, I disagree. Punks return has been salivated over for years. They bungled it...

I think they milked the happy Punk a little more than they should but he's at a level where it was salvageable with a snap of a finger.

I'm hoping Punk vs. Kingston continues with Kingston wanting it to be a no DQ fight.

Glad Page won but I don't like the thought of the Elite breaking up. Without looking it up, it doesn't feel like they've been together that long in AEW.

So it's going to be Page vs. Bryan. I don't think you want either guy to lose clean but my wild prediction is Page wins with unwanted assistance from the debuting Bray Wyatt. Then you can do a big Wyatt vs. Bryan feud. They have history and their Royal Rumble 2014 match was probably Wyatt's best 1-on-1 match.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I think they milked the happy Punk a little more than they should but he's at a level where it was salvageable with a snap of a finger.

I'm hoping Punk vs. Kingston continues with Kingston wanting it to be a no DQ fight.

Glad Page won but I don't like the thought of the Elite breaking up. Without looking it up, it doesn't feel like they've been together that long in AEW.

So it's going to be Page vs. Bryan. I don't think you want either guy to lose clean but my wild prediction is Page wins with unwanted assistance from the debuting Bray Wyatt. Then you can do a big Wyatt vs. Bryan feud. They have history and their Royal Rumble 2014 match was probably Wyatt's best 1-on-1 match.
Shit... this is a fantastic take. No argument here!

Reactions: Megahab

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Amazing show but I have on small complaint. It was too much of a good thing. 4 hours was a bit draining. I think they could have benefited from a tightening up on the card.

That said it was a really good show.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Yeah they've put themselves in a corner with Page/Danielson. It almost has to be Page which means they're going all in him. Maybe not necessarily a bad thing.

I've read a couple places that they tried but Wyatt is trying movies for the time being. He's helping with some horror movie from what I've seen.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Yeah they've put themselves in a corner with Page/Danielson. It almost has to be Page which means they're going all in him. Maybe not necessarily a bad thing.

I've read a couple places that they tried but Wyatt is trying movies for the time being. He's helping with some horror movie from what I've seen.

I just think it's too early for Page vs. Bryan. It's going to be on TV too because they're not going until February or whenever the next PPV is. I don't care about PPV buyrates or TV ratings but I will say that matches seem a lot more important when they are on PPV and it adds to the match.

Part of me was thinking Miro should have beat Bryan in some kind of KO finish where Bryan is still protected. Miro would have been a great first feud for Hangman's title reign.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The problem with miro winning is it gives away the finish later. Not inherently, but you’re not doing omega vs. miro heel vs. heel

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
What does everyone think of the buckshot lariat? I don't really like it as Hangman's main finisher. I just think the Dead Eye is so much better. I feel the same way about AJ Styles now using the phenomenal forearm over the Styles Clash.

Maybe there is something about the drama of the setup with the guy waiting to strike from the apron that makes them use it more.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What does everyone think of the buckshot lariat? I don't really like it as Hangman's main finisher. I just think the Dead Eye is so much better. I feel the same way about AJ Styles now using the phenomenal forearm over the Styles Clash.

Maybe there is something about the drama of the setup with the guy waiting to strike from the apron that makes them use it more.
I thought the dead eye was and I was surprised it was the finish.

They supposedly tried to ban the styles clash for AJ, but Jericho worked it into one of the matches he had with AJ and then Jericho asked Vince about it afterward and he liked it so he was allowed to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad