AEW All Elite Wrestling #6: Best in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Why do people think Nick Gage is a bad idea? I don't know much about him but he got a good reaction at least.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why do people think Nick Gage is a bad idea? I don't know much about him but he got a good reaction at least.

because he’s a felon that has no respect for his fellow worker. I’m not completely against it because I think it works here as a one-off but that would be the reasoning people have

I mostly don’t respect deathmatch garbage promotions like CZW where half the roster is dead a decade later. People talk about WWE death rates but holy shit

It’s interesting though, I’ll give them that

Reactions: SnS and eXile3

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Gage is no good. Plenty of wrestlers who were no good have been used in entertaining ways though so who knows, but I wouldn't expect anything good. I'm more interested in how they'll use Chick Magnet (not Venom) if he does end up in AEW.

Reactions: eXile3

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
because he’s a felon that has no respect for his fellow worker. I’m not completely against it because I think it works here as a one-off but that would be the reasoning people have

I mostly don’t respect deathmatch garbage promotions like CZW where half the roster is dead a decade later. People talk about WWE death rates but holy shit

Since my last post, I actually watched his Dark Side of the Ring episode and I agree with you. Just too trashy for me. I didn't know anything about him before other than what I saw in the David Arquette movie.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

So you wouldn't hire Booker T (felon), Road Warriors, Vader or Goldberg (Incredibly reckless in the ring)?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So you wouldn't hire Booker T (felon), Road Warriors, Vader or Goldberg (Incredibly reckless in the ring)?

well none of them are stabbing their opponents in the neck so it’s a little different

I will say this- I love his vocal support of the trans community. I did not see that coming so that’s on me for judging a book by it’s cover

idk he makes me leery. I feel like he’s a disaster waiting to happen but people can’t say he doesn’t have fans

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just a heads up to Canadian AEW fans - due to Olympic coverage AEW Dynamite is being moved around for the next couple of weeks:

Wednesday July 28th - 8 pm Eastern on TSN5 ( repeated on Thursday at 12 noon Eastern on TSN2 )
Wednesday August 4th - 8 pm Eastern on TSN3 ( repeated on Thursday at 2 pm Eastern on TSN2 )

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Booker T was arrested in 1987. Has he done anything since? Maybe a little bit of forgiveness is due there.

Some of those guys are ranging from stiff to incompetent. Gage doesn't hurt people because he's a bad wrestler, he hurts them because he takes it too seriously and legitimately wants to hurt people.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whatever he does with Jericho will go a long way. He's not going to be able to be king of shit like he is elsewhere. I don't have a real opinion of what he does because I don't really watch it, I just know of him. But a bunch of those guys there will enforce a certain level of professionalism.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Really, really frustrated I missed the start tonight and only caught the last five minutes or so of Omega and Page. Now I’ll have to catch highlights. Final five minutes or so was really good. Anyway, I get the card needing to be mixed up, but that match should have been closer to the end of tonight’s broadcast. I don’t need to see Julia Hart can Thunder Rosa period much less that late in the broadcast.

Now, cometh the Painmaker cometh the win.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jericho using green mist after getting hit with a bunch of light tubes is a wild world.

trial 3 is the juice

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I love this 5 labours of Jericho story. Juvi is one of my all time favourites.

Good job TSN on running a picture in picture commercial during Moxley's promo and Jericho and Nick Gage's entrances.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Outstanding show

the cock tease for CM Punk is so real. They know better than to build it this much and not deliver. Never been how they operate.

ten man match was fire. Also PNP slimmed down and they look great.

love the crossovers they’re doing with NJPW, and that it seems to be mostly Archer and Mox that both companies trust to be the ones to facilitate things.

Are they getting the Good Brothers on loan? They’re on AEW more than they were on WWE and they’re not even signed?

Main event was fun. I didn’t think they’d be able to capture a typical Gage death match, but it was fairly close. I shouldn’t be this excited about Juvi, but i am. I was a huge Juvi fan when I was a high school kid watching WCW in the 90’s. This might suck but I’ll enjoy it regardless.

all the WCW memories coming rushing back lately. Just need a Malenko v Jericho segment

Reactions: les Habs

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
the cock tease for CM Punk is so real. They know better than to build it this much and not deliver. Never been how they operate.

Yeah Punk has to be on that Rampage show. I can't see them teasing it that hard and not delivering. I wish they didn't make it so obvious.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah Punk has to be on that Rampage show. I can't see them teasing it that hard and not delivering. I wish they didn't make it so obvious.

i wonder if they felt they had to, in order to fill the United Center. One of the bigger arenas in the country for wrestling purposes.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well… that was a spectacle

Kudos to Gage for his appearance. I thought he did good work. I don’t want to see it ever again on national tv lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not even a tease for Punk. They haven’t been all that discreet about it. And they’re already doing Chicago for All Out. And they’re doing United center which is expensive - why WWE doesn’t run it. They’re doing everything to tell you without telling you and they can’t not deliver.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Well… that was a spectacle

Kudos to Gage for his appearance. I thought he did good work. I don’t want to see it ever again on national tv lol

I didn't expect them to take it as far as they did, being on TV and all. They did a nice job of playing Gage as a legitimate psycho, and Jericho as almost like an unwilling participant. It was better than expected, but I agree, I dont need to see it on TV again

It’s not even a tease for Punk. They haven’t been all that discreet about it. And they’re already doing Chicago for All Out. And they’re doing United center which is expensive - why WWE doesn’t run it. They’re doing everything to tell you without telling you and they can’t not deliver.

Even just running the United Center is a big enough tell for me. That's a massive building. I suppose they could debut Danielson as a heel instead, and go for the big cheap heat/swerve. That would be a bad move though, cuz Danielson should get a huge pop, so bringing him out in place of Punk would confuse everyone and kill the vibe.

It has to be Punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad