All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I hope Tony Khan doesnt run AEW like he does at Fulham or it will be another TNA.

The Jaguars have pretty much been a joke under (Shahid) Khan's ownership as well, but that largely predates him. I listened to him on Jericho's show and I liked what I heard. Tony Khan knows his wrestling, so I don't see TNA's Dixie Carter type issues emerging. He may be another big money mark, but at least he has some taste. In terms of business it's difficult to say. Most things he has accomplished stem from him being the son of a billionaire and this is another example. I wish him the best and am guardedly optimistic.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Fight for the Fallen: July 13th at Daily’s Place Ampitheater in Jacksonville .seats about 5,500 .

Dailys-Place-696x316.jpg

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im thinking more in that general admission/standing people area you see.... and the stage is the actual stage.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
im thinking more in that general admission/standing people area you see.... and the stage is the actual stage.

Perhaps.

Either way, that seems like such a sick Venue. Only issue is if they use the stage as the actual stage, how do you broadcast that? I figure you would want the cameras where the stage is facing towards the crowd.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Yeah I mean nxt uk did that the first shows... there was a hole with a camera in the giant screen, facing the crowd.

Last of my worries is what it looks like.. but it’s like a “small” crowd with no roof is weird for me.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Such a small but rad venue. I’m assuming they’ll jam the ring up on the stage and set up cameras all around the scaffolding and backdrop curtains. They’ll save huge by having a minimalist style entrance and stage setup.

But with a capacity like that i have to assume tickets start at a hundo, as they should.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
“[AEW] is overwhelming for me,” Ross said. “To be 67 years old and be anointed the voice of a brand that’s gonna be debuting in October on national television on a major cable network, which can’t be named now. When people hear what network we’re going on, they’re gonna be doubly excited. It’s a network we can all find.”

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
“[AEW] is overwhelming for me,” Ross said. “To be 67 years old and be anointed the voice of a brand that’s gonna be debuting in October on national television on a major cable network, which can’t be named now. When people hear what network we’re going on, they’re gonna be doubly excited. It’s a network we can all find.”

I have nothing to go on but I think it’s gonna be Espn

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I hope it's not ESPN.

I'm going throw out a guess that it's the TNT/Bleacher Report thingy they've got going on. They seem to want to make a big splash in sports. They recently acquired the rights for UEFA Champions League. It would be a bold move to jump on the AEW train.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Read that it’s a network that would give them two hours live and there would be streaming options.

Sounds like ESPN to me but I don’t know what other networks in the States have prominent streaming platforms.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AEW is reportedly close to a very large international TV deal as well

Oct 18, 2011
Read that it’s a network that would give them two hours live and there would be streaming options.

Sounds like ESPN to me but I don’t know what other networks in the States have prominent streaming platforms.
ESPN is trying really hard to get Espn+ over

It would be hilarious if TNT or TBS wanted them given what they did to WCW

Im not a big tv watcher besides sports, what else is considered a major network?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im wild guessing anyone who broadcasts nfl outside of fox/nbc(usa?) because of the Jaguars connection. but yeah...
they also have a spanish deal, but not sure if its for PPVs only or weekly shows.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think they’re going to end up on primarily a streaming platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad