All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Figured AEW is deserving of it's own thread, given the hype and potential it has.

What we know;

- AEW has multiple TV deal offers on the table, per Meltzer, and AEW is looking to get a Tuesday Night time slot.
- Cody Rhodes, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Hangman Page, Brandi Rhodes, & Dana Jackson all officially signed their AEW contracts.
- Cody Rhodes is going to be the Executive Producer of the Events, and TV show when a deal is signed
- Young Bucks are expected to be the bookers/creative team for the company, while Hangman Page is going to be a road agent (and others will join as well)
- Both Jim Ross & Chris Jericho are well speculated to be involved in some capacity as well, but neither have officially signed
- It’s believed that the Khan family are backing the promotion financially and Tony is reportedly looking at AEW as a serious financial investment
- AEW is offering talents multi-year contracts.
- AEW will hold a rally on January 8 at TIAA Bank Field, where the Jaguars play their NFL games. This is the same place where the AEW trademarks were registered to. The rally will include details on AEW’s first big event, Double Or Nothing. That event is expected to take place in the spring of this year.

AEW-All-Elite-Wrestling-900x480.png

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wonder if he'll lure away his brother Dustin, even if it's for a behind-the-scenes trainer gig or something else off-screen.

Goldust (or Dustin at the time) made his WWF debut in 1990, before even Undertaker I believe. Been around a loooong time, albeit with a hiatus or two. Wonder how loyal he truly is to the McMahons right now.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I would like to see them hire and give jobs to people who aren't their friends/buddies first before this looks like anything more than Cody and YB convincing a money mark to fund them and their friends retirements.

All good for AEW I hope that these rumors of multi-year contracts at 6 figures is true because the more options wrestlers have to get paid the better.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Wonder if he'll lure away his brother Dustin, even if it's for a behind-the-scenes trainer gig or something else off-screen.

Goldust (or Dustin at the time) made his WWF debut in 1990, before even Undertaker I believe. Been around a loooong time, albeit with a hiatus or two. Wonder how loyal he truly is to the McMahons right now.
Short interview (pre AEW announcement) that has some related info in it.

Goldust Says Cody Did Ask Him To Do 'ALL IN' But He Had To Turn The Offer Down Because Of WWE | Fightful Wrestling

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
^Good read. Didn't know Goldy's pushing 50 but I guess that makes sense considering how long he's been around....plus the fact that you pretty much never see him without his face painted so it's tough to gauge his age. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

^Good read. Didn't know Goldy's pushing 50 but I guess that makes sense considering how long he's been around....plus the fact that you pretty much never see him without his face painted so it's tough to gauge his age. :laugh:

Interesting. I imagine when his contract expires he'll join Cody's company in some capacity. I always thought he'd train people at the PC though. Maybe this is why I'm not running a Million/Billion dollar company, but I would have at least let Goldust go to the show. Don't preform or appear, but I don't see the harm in allowing the guy to go backstage. WWE always allows different people backstage when they aren't signed.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I wonder how many people they are gonna sign initially.

Primary belt: 6-8 people

Secondary belt: 6-8

Women’s division: 8-10

Tag teams: 8 teams

So your looking at a minimum of 36 contracts to probably close to 50 if you account for injuries.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Pretty sure Meltzer's already said the Bucks aren't signed.

Granted, he added that it's inevitable in the next few days.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
bucks were free agents for 12 hours.
they signed and they're running the company. its silly to think otherwise.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Once we get the details of when double or nothing is, we should have a poll for when the first wwe show is hijacked with an “AEW” or all elite chant

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I hate The Elite (and Cody's attempts at playing at being Dusty continue to make my eyes roll) but I hope that this works out for the sake of wrestling in general. More TV and more options is generally a good thing even regardless of who's behind it.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hate The Elite but I hope that this works out for the sake of wrestling in general. More TV and more options is generally a good thing even regardless of who's behind it.
I echo about half of this because I really just don’t dig The Bucks at all.

If they wanna hire me as a writer tho I’ll change my mind but they aren’t going over

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
bucks managed to stay relevant with all their cease and desist stuff. that everyone hated.
if you dont like them in the ring its cool, but they're behind BTE which is where we see their creativity. the thing we all crave in wrestling shows.
and well. we're all at the end looking forward to this when we all know tthey're part of it. so wait and watch.

Reactions: Fro

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I echo about half of this because I really just don’t dig The Bucks at all.

If they wanna hire me as a writer tho I’ll change my mind but they aren’t going over

I have no idea about your writing or wrestling ideas, other than presenting "Cor" as a cowardly heel, but I would give you a shot over the Young Bucks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder how many people they are gonna sign initially.

Primary belt: 6-8 people

Secondary belt: 6-8

Women’s division: 8-10

Tag teams: 8 teams

So your looking at a minimum of 36 contracts to probably close to 50 if you account for injuries.

Impact has been signing a lot of women, and are working with almost every women's promotion, so I could see them having some issues there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->