All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The card doesn't even matter to me at this point. They are changing the game and culture of wrestling. That's the biggest impact they can have. The ability to welcome partnerships and working together is so different than WWE. It's game changing as long as nobody gets greedy.

Everyone has to be on the same page and everyone will make money in that regard. But this story has been written before. Someone will get greedy.

WWE has been working with other promotions a lot lately. Well NXT.

EVOLVE is essentially NXT's feeder league. Fabien Eichner was their champ and Street Prophets were also tag champs. Gargano had a match there.

NXT UK is essetnially Progress and ICW combined.

Then you can watch something like Nigels documentary and see how much footage they license from other promotions.

WWE even let Itami work an All Japan show a few months ago.

NXT is very open to working with other promotions.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
WrestleTalk is reporting this as AEW schedule (via Cultaholic)

• May 25 – Double Or Nothing at the MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas
  • June 2019 – Unspecified show (believed to be in USA)
  • July 2019 – Unnamed show in Jacksonville, Florida with a portion of the proceeds going to anti-gun crime charities
  • August 2019 – Royal Albert Hall, London, England
  • September 2019 – All Out – the official sequel to All In and the full launch of the brand prior to TV tapings beginning. We understand that while not yet confirmed, this is again likely to take place at the Sears Center in Chicago
  • October 2019 – Weekly television starts

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AEW has reportedly made an offer to Batista that he is considering. Batista is also still in talks with the WWE about a match at WrestleMania

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They should run TIAA bank field (stadium in Jacksonville). Dave’s talking about 43,500 tried to get tickets the other day. They keep acting shocked but I’m not.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They are scheduling this brilliantly so far. One show per month, drive demand sky high and put out a good product. Should help them on the tv deal also

Reactions: Fro

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They are scheduling this brilliantly so far. One show per month, drive demand sky high and put out a good product. Should help them on the tv deal also
The schedule posted before isn't real.

It was known that they are having at least two more shows, but the UK one is impossible.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They can't do all those shows without revenue, and there won't be any kind of TV schedule until a TV deal is announced.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They can't do all those shows without revenue, and there won't be any kind of TV schedule until a TV deal is announced.

It sounds like they have a pretty good TV Deal pretty close to wrapped up.

So it wouldn’t be surprising if they had plans for TV tapings already.

Also, with how quick tickets are going, they could easily do those shows.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I think they could. They would probably take in close to a million at the gate. Factor in Merchandising and ppv buys and they could take in a couple million with each ppv they run. Not sure what operating costs are for a one off live event but i think they’re still safely in the black

It’s when you factor in talent salaries is when the problems arise. They could be many millions in the hole year one without a tv deal. But can the Kahns absorb a short term loss for long term gain (ie a slow burn until the tv money kicks in at year end)? I believe they can.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they could. They would probably take in close to a million at the gate. Factor in Merchandising and ppv buys and they could take in a couple million with each ppv they run. Not sure what operating costs are for a one off live event but i think they’re still safely in the black

It’s when you factor in talent salaries is when the problems arise. They could be many millions in the hole year one without a tv deal. But can the Kahns absorb a short term loss for long term gain (ie a slow burn until the tv money kicks in at year end)? I believe they can.

Comparing production costs, WWE is around $1M per TV.

The Khans can definitely absorb the short-term losses, but there is still a budget here. And a lot of those losses are likely going to go directly to the talent. They have Double or Nothing for now, and I know they do have a desire to be international and don't want to walk in at the ground floor, they are aware of the fan support they're going to get. But until the TV money kicks in, they won't know what exactly they can do.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
AEW has reportedly made an offer to Batista that he is considering. Batista is also still in talks with the WWE about a match at WrestleMania
I hope he signs with WWE. I'd prefer he just stay away altogether but definitely don't want to see him in AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW is trying for somebody big. First Goldberg, now Batista? They're going for it.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I wonder what their plans are going to be to determine the inaugural
champions is going to be. They need to be careful to throw all the belts on the elite members; (bucks-tag team,Cody/omega/hangman- main;secondary;possibly third title) and have AEW look like a vanity project. A few surprises is needed so they don’t get the predictable tag applied to the organization right away.

Hopefully they have some original matches that can determine the inaugural champions or over their next few pay per views a tournament that culminates at all out ( or first tv show) to crown the champion. But I would hope for only one tournament and have the other titles decided by something else, maybe a royal rumble for the secondary title or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad