ALL DEADLINE TALK HERE | Part IV: Crafton's Liver Eating Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I contend that the trade market is being priced to rich and will like all over priced item will come down as the deadline approaches. Calgary looks good now as a potential bidding war, but that only works for awhile. April 3rd, Calgary still has to make a deal or get nothing for nobody.

saba

Apr 8, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I think the sticking point is the flames want Bennett or Depres and that was a point Shero is not willing to go.

Good on him. He upgraded without touching his roster.

Would be very interesting if Calgary set the bar so high no one jumps enough to land Jarome. Then the Flames can say to their fans well we tried but hey we still have Capt. Canada and Flames fan can extort we never wanted to let him go in the 1st place.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Capt Hook: So just there to drive up the price as some have speculated. That's all right.

I have a feeling Shero is going to make a trade with some team we haven't even considered. That's the way it often works.

Shero's a smart man, he's hanging back to see what these other GM's are going to do with their best offers(Probing) and then swoop in so he doesn't have to add in any extra/unnecessary pieces beyond what'll take.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
McKenzie on NBC Sports says Pens are kind of in on Iginla but not all the way in and not as in as other teams like Boston. Says the pens have the assets but part of the reason they may have went after Morrow is because the price may have been too high for Iginla.

To be honest, I don't agree with that line of thinking one bit. So it's okay to overpay for a depth guy, but it's too rich for his blood to overpay for a guy who can actually be a huge part of the top six?

Maybe I'm just underrating Morrow, but I really don't know if he's enough of an upgrade over what we have to be willing to part with premium assets, yet get cold feet when the chance to add someone who *IS* a big upgrade is out there.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Shero's a smart man, he's hanging back to see what these other GM's are going to do with their best offers(Probing) and then swoop in so he doesn't have to add in any extra/unnecessary pieces beyond what'll take.

You say this with such confidence, I sure hope you're right :laugh:

Could you imagine Sid and Iggy connecting for the cup winning goal? I don't think anyone could write a better script.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I interpret that to mean McKenzie hasn't been getting much info out of Pittsburgh's camp / he doesn't know what's going on, but is aware that they have the assets to make it happen if they want to.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
can we talk about the Whitney + Hemský to Boston rumors with the caveat that at this point it's nothing but baseless speculation and twitter buzz?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
can we talk about the Whitney + Hemský to Boston rumors with the caveat that at this point it's nothing but baseless speculation and twitter buzz?

Do we really care? If anything I hope they do. Both are brittle.

"Kinda-in-but-not-all-in" is a much less catchy slogan for the playoffs.

Haha. I was thinking the exact same thing the first time I read it.

We are not all in at our standing point now, that's for sure.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
think we are crossing our signals here.

Boston acquiring those two guys would be hilarious and good for us.

I don't think so, I totally agree. I just don't see where they would go after those two in terms of what we did getting Morrow & Murray, that's all.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I personally think that we should trade enough of our assets so that when we lose in the second round we have nothing remaining to ever get that wing.

There are risks involved in 'going all in' too. And the above is a far more likely outcome than winning a cup. Even if we end up adding Iggy.

Last edited:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
After what Shero gave up for Morrow & Murray I'm comfortable with thinking that if he doesn't end up getting Iginla the asking price was just too high to make sense or the sticking point was specific prospects. I wouldn't be cool at all with moving Despres or Bennett.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Better be a lot more going to Calgary than something around Khokhlachev and Bartkowski or I won't be thrilled with Shero for the second time this week.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If all the Bruins have to offer is Khoklachev and Bartkowski I don't think they're gonna get much.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'm going out for about an hour....and if I come back and find out Jarome Iginla...one of my all time favourite players has left Calgary to become a hated Bruin...I will be ****ing pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad