ALL DEADLINE TALK HERE | Part IV: Crafton's Liver Eating Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

Rumors today in BOS were Jordan Caron and Matt Bartkowski were perhaps on way out. Caron in, Bartkowski scratched, Krug called up.

Then BOS prospect Alex Khokhlachev a healthy scratch for Providence tonight and CGY announces Iginla a healthy scratch tonight.

If they had a deal in place including Caron I doubt he'd have played.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

So it comes as no surprise that BOS and CGY are deep in talks - that's been a given - but CGY may be using BOS offer to leverage PIT/CHI/LA.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
@TSNBobMcKenzie

So it comes as no surprise that BOS and CGY are deep in talks - that's been a given - but CGY may be using BOS offer to leverage PIT/CHI/LA.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Mckenzie just tweeted that Calgary may be leveraging Boston's offer against Pit/Chi/LA. Call me a dweeb, but I find it cool that somewhere Mario Lemieux and Ray Shero are probably sitting together at a dinner table drinking wine and texting back/forth with Feaster atm.

Fire Shero*

I'm going to be pissed if we end up with morrow and man boobs Murray if Iggy is dealt to Boston.

This is an example of why only drafting dmen can bite you in the ass. Not every team wants defensive prospects believe it or not.

Morrow's best plays come after the whistle when he roughs up people or dishes out a face wash.

It looks like Crosby is stuck with Dupuis for another year. Oh well he's waited this long for an elite winger what's another year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If we've learned one thing over these past few years, it's that Jay Feaster is not very good at his job.

We also have to remember it's still Iginla's choice. He still has to be OK where he goes, his final say. If he's alright with that, (a trade to Boston) oh well, his choice and there's nothing anyone can say at that point.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
We also have to remember it's still Iginla's choice. He still has to be OK where he goes, his final say. If he's alright with that, (a trade to Boston) oh well, his choice and there's nothing anyone can say at that point.

I'm not sure how this works but didn't Iggy already approve a trade to bos,pgh,la,chi?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mckenzie just tweeted that Calgary may be leveraging Boston's offer against Pit/Chi/LA. Call me a dweeb, but I find it cool that somewhere Mario Lemieux and Ray Shero are probably sitting together at a dinner table drinking wine and texting back/forth with Feaster atm.

That is swooping in. ISHH

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I'm going to be pissed if we end up with morrow and man boobs Murray if Iggy is dealt to Boston.

This is an example of why only drafting dmen can bite you in the ass. Not every team wants defensive prospects believe it or not.

Morrow's best plays come after the whistle when he roughs up people or dishes out a face wash.

It looks like Crosby is stuck with Dupuis for another year. Oh well he's waited this long for an elite winger what's another year.

Crosby really doesn't seem unhappy.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
If the Flames want a young forward in return, Bennett is really all the Pens have to offer.

This place would be heavily divided if they dealt the kid. I don't know if I'd do it. A very tough call.

mr sidney crosby

May 13, 2012
Pittsburgh

Take is easy. Man boobs murray who's like a freakin truck will fight chara in game 1 of the ECF and knock him out of the series :naughty:

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
I bet it'll be something like:

Bartkowski
Khokhlachev
1st

For Iggy

IF that is what it ends up being, I'd like to think Shero could have put together a better package. :cry:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm not sure how this works but didn't Iggy already approve a trade to bos,pgh,la,chi?

He still has to waive his NTC. I think if there are two offers that are of similar value, Feaster may give him the right to choose.

We'll see.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011

Iggy isn't that elite any more. He's good, but he's 35 and is clearly slowing down.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

I think that's just a rumor. Even if it is there's no reason he would decline a trade to Boston.

Milbury and Jones both think he's going to Boston, which means he'll probably be dealt to LA before the night is over.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I bet it'll be something like:

Bartkowski
Khokhlachev
1st

For Iggy

IF that is what it ends up being, I'd like to think Shero could have put together a better package. :cry:

That would be like....Morrow, Bortuzzo/Jeffrey and a first. That's nothing. If Shero was that against giving up his first then wow.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
That would be like....Morrow, Bortuzzo/Jeffrey and a first. That's nothing. If Shero was that against giving up his first then wow.

Actually it would be more like Bennett, Bortuzzo, and a first. If Calgary wanted a forward that would put the Pens out of the running if Beau was off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad