Proposal: All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
DOUBTFUL, why would Backes want to uproot to go back to a reported dysfunctional franchise, St. Louis has done what to make them a consistent contender since Backes came here?

I am just trying to see who may be attractive to the other team. The Blues might be the only one and Schenn is a target. I mean waiting til summer when his salary goes down does not change the cap hit, it will still be 6 million. He will be enticing for a team to get to the cap floor and have 2 years left on his deal in summer. He goes from a NMC now to a limited NTC the next 2 years.

Maybe retiring as a Blues legend that came back and straightened out the room. He seems to be a guy that takes on challenges. With his experience he could move into the front office seamlessly, when he wants. They still have Tarasenko, Pietrangelo and Parayko and could possibly get Grizz, Donato or local prospect Fredric and a pick to shake it up and restart the franchise next year. Added the young Bruins guys to the 2 good picks in Vince Dunn and Klim Kostin. The lower they fall the better for the Lottery pick, moving Schenn may be an advantage for them.

Backes to me was an experienced Vet insurance policy. Incase Chara retired earlier, like last year. I think he was brought in just in case something happened to Bergy or Krech. None of those happened and is no longer essential for his salary. It was a smart move to grab him but the deterioration plus injuries and contract length make it look bad. If we can include him and he is willing then go for it, if not then summer move him. They need the cap space to go after 2 guys if that is the want.

Reactions: Strafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm saying shuffling negates the benefit of doing so. If the idea is that you bring in a guy just to move Pasta to the second line, it's a needless move.

If you want to maintain continuity however, then adding the player straight to Krejci's right is the smart play.

I'm not sure why you said that, I consider Silf a top6 guy(better than the kids not named Pasta or DeBrusk), who gives you options, and could click well with Bergeron.
So with Silf I view Boston having 4 top6 wingers with different options, right now 3.

He's rental so he shouldn't have the price of Saad/Schenn, and he's 28y so you can look at re-signing him.

Just another option to go with Schenn& Saad.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Giving up prospects like vak federic donato absolute insanity . If given you can't have one year and done players . They have to here minimum 5 yrs or forget it.

You’d be well served to stop thinking in such absolutes. That’s not the way the world works, let alone pro hockey roster management.

Also, something about a logical fallacy, and an inane/hopefully obscure quote

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You’d be well served to stop thinking in such absolutes. That’s not the way the world works, let alone pro hockey roster management.

Also, something about a logical fallacy, and an inane/hopefully obscure quote
Need to protect the prospect pool so this team can compete for years. Bergy and marchand will be still here for another few years. Let this kids develop with them . Most cups are won from what you have from training camp anyway . I don't think adding schenn and giving up a boatload is the answer. In fact I feel more harm then good especially if Armstrong fleeces Donny. The blues can get a franchise dman like vak anchoring their D for 15 yrs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Need to protect the prospect pool so this team can compete for years. Bergy and marchand will be still here for another few years. Let this kids develop with them . Most cups are won from what you have from training camp anyway . I don't think adding schenn and giving up a boatload is the answer. In fact I feel more harm then good especially if Armstrong fleeces Donny. The blues can get a franchise dman like vak anchoring their D for 15 yrs.

Bruins do not add that scoring winger its over early.Sweeney will get something done is my bet.Not sure who will go etc but somebody is going so prepare yourself .

Reactions: Strafer

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins do not add that scoring winger its over early.Sweeney will get something done is my bet.Not sure who will go etc but somebody is going so prepare yourself .
Let's hope we don't overpay im scared Donny might get taken to the cleaners. I have nightmares dregor reporting schenn to Bruins for vak Federic and 1st round pick. Need to get the pepto in the cabinet in case.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
DOUBTFUL, why would Backes want to uproot to go back to a reported dysfunctional franchise, St. Louis has done what to make them a consistent contender since Backes came here?
I think he would. In a couple months his NMC becomes a limited NTC and he loses some of that control. Why not go back to where it all started and be part of putting that ship right? Could be worse, he could end up getting dealt somewhere his wife and kids know nobody, a third change in schools, etc...

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Exactly, our Gm has screwed up the Blues so bad it’s not funny. Always said he was overrated Gm. As soon as he had to start making cap decisions it’s been a mess. He should of gave Backes the extra yr he wanted, instead he kept Steen for the same term and cap. Backes isn’t fancy but fancy doesn’t win either. Blues stink because they lack leadership and commitment. They don’t have enough guys that can play heavy and do the dirty work. For those who like to rip Backes, believe me, your team is much better with him on it. Maybe the numbers don’t always show that but the dude brings a heavy style coupled with a high IQ out there. His salary is high but the NHL is expensive and if you want to win, you got to pay. If the Blues had stayed heavy, they would of made Final 4 two years in row, no doubt in my mind they kick Nashville’s rear that yr. Instead, the Blues are going to miss the playoffs again, and remain a team without an identity. Bruins are lucky to have David Backes, he’s a pro’s pro.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Exactly, our Gm has screwed up the Blues so bad it’s not funny. Always said he was overrated Gm. As soon as he had to start making cap decisions it’s been a mess. He should of gave Backes the extra yr he wanted, instead he kept Steen for the same term and cap. Backes isn’t fancy but fancy doesn’t win either. Blues stink because they lack leadership and commitment. They don’t have enough guys that can play heavy and do the dirty work. For those who like to rip Backes, believe me, your team is much better with him on it. Maybe the numbers don’t always show that but the dude brings a heavy style coupled with a high IQ out there. His salary is high but the NHL is expensive and if you want to win, you got to pay. If the Blues had stayed heavy, they would of made Final 4 two years in row, no doubt in my mind they kick Nashville’s rear that yr. Instead, the Blues are going to miss the playoffs again, and remain a team without an identity. Bruins are lucky to have David Backes, he’s a pro’s pro.
Sorry, but this is really bad take on Blues problems.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Please tell me you just didn't call Vaak a franchise D? A little perspective please, there are no franchise prospects anywhere in the Bruins system. Of the young players Pastrnak and McAvoy have the best chance at that label. The biggest hole in the prospect pool is top line/D pair talent. Even some of Sweeney's disciples realize that is the biggest weakness with the prospect pool. Decent depth but no top end talent.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Let's hope we don't overpay im scared Donny might get taken to the cleaners. I have nightmares dregor reporting schenn to Bruins for vak Federic and 1st round pick. Need to get the pepto in the cabinet in case.
I dont like giving up Frederic or the first but they are not helping this year or next, I would make the deal. You don't get impact players for Bjork, Clifton and a third.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Please tell me you just didn't call Vaak a franchise D? A little perspective please, there are no franchise prospects anywhere in the Bruins system. Of the young players Pastrnak and McAvoy have the best chance at that label. The biggest hole in the prospect pool is top line/D pair talent. Even some of Sweeney's disciples realize that is the biggest weakness with the prospect pool. Decent depth but no top end talent.
If vak turns up as brodin clone that's franchise material in my books.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
OK we have a different definition of franchise D, Brodin is still a big reach for me. Solid top 4, absolutely but that, with the depth on D, is a trade chip for a significant improvement.

I like Vaak and think he will be a good D but I dont pass up an impact player based on what I look at his high end which still isn't guaranteed.

Reactions: Blueston

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
lol jesus christ, where to begin?

First of all Vaakanainen is not much like Brodin at all. Brodin's a decent skater but not great. Vaakanainen is a near-elite skater. And Brodin is a 2nd pair D. By what measure would you call him a franchise player? He plays f***ing 20 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig