Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue from Proposal: - All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Let's say the Bruins trade Heinen and add a center. What does the 3rd line look like?

how do you see it?

looking at the team now, you can easily push out JFK, acciari and cave. and you're saying if heinen goes in a deal.
are we getting a RW too? the answer has to be yes to that:

marchand/bergeron/pastrnak
debrusk/krejci/trade for RW
donato/trade for C/backes
nordstrom/kuraly/wagner
acciari
cave/JFK

Reactions: Silva

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wasn't much of an Anderson fan, but I'm starting to come around on him. I really think we need a RS RW, we have so many LS right now. Since 2016, Anderson ranks 13th among right shot C/RW's in ES G/GP.

Here are the top 20 C/RW right shots ranked from highest ESG/GP to lowest.

Player
EVG
ESG/GP
Rickard Rakell580.32
Patrik Laine640.32
Cam Atkinson590.31
Brock Boeser320.31
Mark Scheifele550.30
Nathan MacKinnon590.30
David Pastrnak590.29
Alex DeBrincat370.29
Mark Stone500.29
Jack Eichel470.28
Brayden Point530.27
Jon Marchessault530.27
Josh Anderson480.26
Joe Pavelski530.25
Tyler Seguin520.25
T.J. Oshie430.25
Brendan Gallagher450.24
Ondrej Kase340.23
Kyle Palmieri430.23
Tyler Johnson440.23
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: veganbruin

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I'm a big splash kinda guy. Horvat, Kopitar, Benn etc is what we need to win in this moment.

Aim high or just keep the prospects and picks!

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Let's say the Bruins trade Heinen and add a center. What does the 3rd line look like?

Depends what "center" it is. I really think 2nd line RW is what they need more. So if they get Schenn I wouldn't be surprised if they put him up with Krech and Debrusk.

March-Berg-Pasta
JD-DK-Schenn
Nordy-JFK-Donato
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner
Backes

When healthy that's what I'd roll with. Backes comes in when JFK and Donato slip and need a night or two upstairs.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
how do you see it?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think Heinen drives the 3rd line so I don't love the idea of trading him. I guess it all depends on what we get back but that brings me back to the question of what the line looks like without Heinen, because that changes what kind of center I look for...

If the line is Donato - NewGuy - JFK, like @OneManIsNoMan suggests, then I think you need to place a premium on size/tenacity.

If the line is Donato - NewGuy - Backes, then I think offense would be the most important quality.

If I had to pick, I think I'd lean towards the line with Backes on it but that could change if he goes back to playing like he did at the start of the year. We also haven't seen Backes and Donato together so there's no guarantee they click.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I wasn't much of an Anderson fan, but I'm starting to come around on him. I really think we need a RS RW, we have so many LS right now. Since 2016, Anderson ranks 13th among right shot C/RW's in ES G/GP.

Here are the top 20 C/RW right shots ranked from highest ESG/GP to lowest.

Player
EVG
ESG/GP
Rickard Rakell580.32
Patrik Laine640.32
Cam Atkinson590.31
Brock Boeser320.31
Mark Scheifele550.30
Nathan MacKinnon590.30
David Pastrnak590.29
Alex DeBrincat370.29
Mark Stone500.29
Jack Eichel470.28
Brayden Point530.27
Jon Marchessault530.27
Josh Anderson480.26
Joe Pavelski530.25
Tyler Seguin520.25
T.J. Oshie430.25
Brendan Gallagher450.24
Ondrej Kase340.23
Kyle Palmieri430.23
Tyler Johnson440.23
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm a huge Anderson fan.... would fully endorse adding him. Not sure CBJ is looking to move him though

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
how do you see it?

looking at the team now, you can easily push out JFK, acciari and cave. and you're saying if heinen goes in a deal.
are we getting a RW too? the answer has to be yes to that:

marchand/bergeron/pastrnak
debrusk/krejci/trade for RW
donato/trade for C/backes
nordstrom/kuraly/wagner
acciari
cave/JFK

If we add a C and a RW... I agree with this. Except I may have Backes ride the pine and bump Nordy up and leave the 4th line intact as is. They are a pretty good 4th line right now.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
My pipe dream/hope is Schenn and Ferland. I'd roll the dice on Ferland even though he's a UFA. Not sure what it would take to extend him.... but I'm a big fan of the player (has 3 points tonight). Can slide up or down the lineup. Would be a fan favorite.

March-Bergy-Pasta
Ferland-DK-JD
Donato-Schenn-Nordy
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner
Backes

That's a lineup that could be dangerous. We add size/speed/toughness. JFK can always go to 3C if you want to bump up Schenn and drop down Ferland.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Honestly, I'm not sure. I think Heinen drives the 3rd line so I don't love the idea of trading him. I guess it all depends on what we get back but that brings me back to the question of what the line looks like without Heinen, because that changes what kind of center I look for...

If the line is Donato - NewGuy - JFK, like @OneManIsNoMan suggests, then I think you need to place a premium on size/tenacity.

If the line is Donato - NewGuy - Backes, then I think offense would be the most important quality.

If I had to pick, I think I'd lean towards the line with Backes on it but that could change if he goes back to playing like he did at the start of the year. We also haven't seen Backes and Donato together so there's no guarantee they click.

If it's Donato/JFK, I think a guy like Schenn is what you're looking for. Someone who can generate offense, but also play a 200ft game and set the tempo for the line.

If it's Donato/Backes I really don't know who you target. Would Duchene be a guy you look at? Would it be waste having him on the 3rd line? Would OTT even trade him to Boston?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If it's Donato/JFK, I think a guy like Schenn is what you're looking for. Someone who can generate offense, but also play a 200ft game and set the tempo for the line.

If it's Donato/Backes I really don't know who you target. Would Duchene be a guy you look at? Would it be waste having him on the 3rd line? Would OTT even trade him to Boston?

I feel like Duchene would be too expensive for the role, but there are some low rent offensive guys, like Marcus Johansson.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This is a good question, Bill... Simple but outlines an issue.

I’d say if the Bruins ONLY get a C, that Heinen has to stay. I don’t like Backes, Nordstrom, whomever in that role.

Which also would mean that one/two of Backes, Kuraly, Wagner, Acciai, JFK, or Nordstrom would have to go.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
This is a good question, Bill... Simple but outlines an issue.

I’d say if the Bruins ONLY get a C, that Heinen has to stay. I don’t like Backes, Nordstrom, whomever in that role.

Which also would mean that one/two of Backes, Kuraly, Wagner, Acciai, JFK, or Nordstrom would have to go.

If they get a 3c. I have no issue with JFK going back to Providence and Acciari going literally anywhere else.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I want jeff carter more than Brayden schenn and I want brandon saed less

none of them are worth paying a price that costs us too much... and to be honest theres bad cap ramifications to all of them

I feel the easiest one to make fit is jeff carter assuming he doesn't just take his puck and go home. whatever the cost to acquire {less than 2 first round picks} could be recouped when we move him on

the carter contract becomes more and more attracted to a non-cap ceiling team in the next year or two {could we package him AND backes to the same team???}

I don't know what LA wants for carter and I don't know if carter can be convinced to come here and play hard for us but im going to assume carter would accept a trade here

zboril and a first? Bjork and a first?

could we get LA to agree to a conditional deal.. the first is a second unless carter scores at least 10 goals for us???

or LA eats 1/2 the contract?

I never get the trades right... and rarely get the guy right... but if im king of the world carter is my first target before schenn or saed

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I want jeff carter more than Brayden schenn and I want brandon saed less

none of them are worth paying a price that costs us too much... and to be honest theres bad cap ramifications to all of them

I feel the easiest one to make fit is jeff carter assuming he doesn't just take his puck and go home. whatever the cost to acquire {less than 2 first round picks} could be recouped when we move him on

the carter contract becomes more and more attracted to a non-cap ceiling team in the next year or two {could we package him AND backes to the same team???}

I don't know what LA wants for carter and I don't know if carter can be convinced to come here and play hard for us but im going to assume carter would accept a trade here

zboril and a first? Bjork and a first?

could we get LA to agree to a conditional deal.. the first is a second unless carter scores at least 10 goals for us???

or LA eats 1/2 the contract?

I never get the trades right... and rarely get the guy right... but if im king of the world carter is my first target before schenn or saed
You keep mentioning that the Bruins could acquire assets if they needed to dump Carter’s cap hit later.

It actually costs assets to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad