Proposal: All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That's usually what happens when they go on waivers.

Say they bring in Schenn, one of Wags or Acciari becomes the 13th forward once Nordy is back while Kampfer goes to the 7th defenseman if Gryz is part of the deal.
I’m not sure they touch that 4th line right now. Makes me think maybe two bodies from existing forward roster come into play to make up for Nordstrom coming back? Sitting anyone off that 4th line is a bad move unless we suddenly get a lot stronger on lines 2 and 3 IMO.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Does anyone know if teams have kicked the tires on Jordan Eberle and if so what is the supposed price? He might be a decent option if other teams climb back into contention...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I’m not sure they touch that 4th line right now. Makes me think maybe two bodies from existing forward roster come into play to make up for Nordstrom coming back? Sitting anyone off that 4th line is a bad move unless we suddenly get a lot stronger on lines 2 and 3 IMO.
I agree but I was just using them as an easy example.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
If and when a trade comes, I just pray we don't get ripped off. I really like this team, but it would be nice to add some weapons to make a run.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Haggs has a piece on Schenn and Tarasenko potentially being targets for the Bruins.

Let the nuttiness begin.. Again..

I only saw this b/c someone I follow re-tweeted it.

You mean you don't follow Haggs on Twitter? What? Next to Jimmy Murphy he is the the go to guy for solid Bruins news!

Reactions: Alicat

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
my faith in edmontons ability to develop kids is... next to nil

if there was one team I would be willing to gamble on a cast off... its here

but then I do get concerned that Columbus passed on him... that finnish connection? I guess a red flag should have been arisen right there on draft day.

still.. size... shot... skating... theres no reason this guy shouldn't be able to become a really solid second liner... and he should be cheap for a couple years due to his slow development. let him learn from leaders like Bergeron and marchand and be guided by krejci…

id probably give Heinen and something of significance... like a first? im high on this potential home run win for us

Serious Queston.

Have you've watched Puljujarvi play?

I mean he seems lethargic and non interested and more or less he seems to just lug around the ice.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If and when a trade comes, I just pray we don't get ripped off. I really like this team, but it would be nice to add some weapons to make a run.

I don't know how we avoid getting ripped off at least a little bit if we are the buyers and other teams know it. Some of the proposals in here qualify as major rip offs, though. Heinen and a 1st for freakin Puljujarvi? Whatever that insane package Dan posted to land Schenn also. I do expect Sweeney to get a slight hosing though because that is how it works.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I wouldn't touch the 1, 3 or 4 lines.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Have you watched Klefbom , the kids a stud. Hall pushed hard?

So every prospect that makes it, its because they're a cant miss prospect and they hit the ground running and are expected to be great but the ones who don't its because the Oil organization handled them wrong,not buying it.

Hall had some great years in Edmaonton and Klefbom is one of the best defenseman in the NHL today. As far as RNH he is what he is, that has nothing to do with the way the oil handled him.

Their problem Lies with Chia , he's litterally destroyed that team with some bad decision making or they would be mopping up the League.

Each team is going to have a Bust and missed picks and from what I've seen of Puljujarvi he is just that, its nothing to do with the way the oil have handled him. He is what he is and he isn't going to fetch much of a return and mostly diffidently not a Danton Heinen and a first round pick.

Not at all.
I am seriously stunned anyone can look at the past 20 years of Oil history and not say they have a problem handling their draft prospects.

Reactions: Strafer

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Really? I honestly don't think PK for Weber was that bad. Weber got injured right after, but at the time he was still one of the top guys in the league.

It's the age difference (Weber is 4 years older) and Weber's contract ($7.9 mil until 2025-2026) that makes it a lopsided deal.

When Subban's current contract ends in 2021-2022, he will be a year younger than Weber is now (33). Weber's contract will have another 4 years after that.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not at all.
I am seriously stunned anyone can look at the past 20 years of Oil history and not say they have a problem handling their draft prospects.

My post was in reference to them drafting since the RNH draft and how Chiarilli has totally destroyed this team by making terrible transactions and that's the reason their a terrible team Today and not because they've missed handled their youth on the ice.

And that JP isn't a case of being mishandled, its more so he's just not the player the Oil thought he was and he certainly isnt worth much on the trade market. Unless he's packaged or its for another teams bust.

Their a dysfunctional franchise because of decisions management has made with player personal/transactions, not how they've handled their current youth on the ice but by making some terrible trades and signings..

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Not at all.

The Oil over the years, have made some bad selections and recently Chiarelli has traded away valuable picks and succesfull players who were early picks, without question.

Other than that who have they had problems with on handling them?
I think its more of the management just making made decisions on who they drafted. Once their there, I don't know. who have they mishandled? Hall? The only thing I see there is Chiarelli made a terrible deal and should of kept him around with McDavid for more than his rookie year.

I mean a blind man could see how good Hall was and that PC got robbed as soon as the trade went down.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It was a stupid trade when you consider the follow up moves but Weber is still a quality player.

Weber was MAYBE the better player at the time and projected as the better player for another year or two absolute max. It was a garbage trade.

I’ll take Schenn or Tarasenko. Totally fine by me. I keep Heinen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad